We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout 4 tv show from Amazon

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Its so shocking to me a 2016 culture wars eceleb is a fraud.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

RangerBoo wrote: April 14th, 2024, 22:54
I've been noticing this too. Now that the hype has died somewhat and all the episodes are out real people are starting to take a more critical look at the show and are realizing that, yes, it is shit. Looks like Angry Joe will be vindicated in giving the show a mediocre score. Say what you will about the man but he is good at reading the room. Bethesda cycle strikes again!
Before calling Joe a genius realize that 6 is not really picking a side and that anyone who is mildly aware of trends knew what this would be before it was made.
kerghnox

Post by kerghnox »

The show retcon'd a weakness into T-45 and T-60 Power Armour. The welding under the breast plate is fucked, allowing bullets to punch right through. I wonder why Bethesda let them hard nerf their shitty OC.

Why the fuck would the USA adopt T-60s if they had the same retarded flaw? Just stick to the perfect (for now) T-51. And why didn't the engineers fix it? This also means China would figure out the weak point and the BoS SHOULD know about it too. Minor compared to everything else, but this shit is bothering me.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I find it hard to believe, as petty as all these industry people are, that learning a lot of FNV came from a guy who was metoo'd didn't factor into blowing it all up, but I think it was envy on Emil and Todd's part that their east coast reboot wasteland is uninspired crap that says nothing and does less was the impetus.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

You know.. I was thinking about this post later and I realized something.. Emil is actually a giant retard fraud.

Most good writers who do a lot of world building and back story lore will often have interconnected themes that either get cut from games or don't get outwardly communicated. They often invest huge amounts of time and effort building a world that is believable and living and don't always get to reveal interesting parts of that world in their games, novels, media.

This can create a really great chance to confirm rumors for fans or give sort of "background knowledge" out of band as big reveals like "Hey did you know X" sort of fan service that is often really exciting for fans to learn.

--

Emil.. is not one of these "good writers" though. He starts with a setting someone else created (Elder Scrolls, Fallout) then he head larps about things he watches on tv then makes a plot.

By his own admission (read the tweet) he starts with bullshit ideas in his head then runs with them. He's not actually thinking big picture or where the world can go - he just spitballs shit against the wall.

--

With that context out of the way... here's what he did in this tweet.

> Saw Fallout TV Show was getting some buzz
> Wanted to make a "big reveal" for the fans like other good writers do
> Made up something on the spot "Hey that Power armor guy shooting Canadians is actually the guy in Fallout 4"
> Everyone freaks out angrily because it makes no sense at all and he clear just made it up
> He back tracks and admits he just made that connection up and it's not really true.

The more I think about this retard and what a hack fraud he is.. I actually get angry.

TL;DR -

Ever heard of the term "Imposter Syndrome" ? It's when your actually very capable at your job but you feel like you aren't.

Emil is the opposite of that.
Last edited by Shillitron on April 15th, 2024, 02:31, edited 2 times in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Did you know that in some Starfield universes your Starborn is actually a child predator? It's true!
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Shillitron wrote: April 15th, 2024, 02:25
You know... I was thinking and I realized something. Emil is actually a giant retard fraud.
no shit.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

kerghnox wrote: April 15th, 2024, 02:13
Why the fuck would the USA adopt T-60s if they had the same retarded flaw?
Bethesda interpreted the melancholy dark comedy themes of Fallout 1 & 2 as "Omg This world is whacky zany!!"

You have scientists who are extremely smart - capable of creating cryogenic statis pods and immortality serums - experimenting on hamsters to have them have little jet backs to whizz around in or cloning people who can only walk backwards and say their own name.

The world completely collapses under it's own absurdity. Partly I blame Fallout 2 for this but Bethesda has completely ruined it.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Kill Bethesda writers. Behead Bethesda writers. Roundhouse kick a Bethesda writer into the concrete. Slam dunk a Bethesda writer’s baby into the trashcan. Crucify filthy Bethesda writers. Defecate in a Bethesda writers food. Launch Bethesda writers into the sun. Stir fry Bethesda writers in a wok. Toss Bethesda writers into active volcanoes. Urinate into a Bethesda writers gas tank. Judo throw Bethesda writers into a wood chipper. Twist Bethesda writers heads off. Report Bethesda writers to the IRS. Karate chop Bethesda writers in half. Curb stomp pregnant Bethesda writers. Trap Bethesda writers in quicksand. Crush Bethesda writers in the trash compactor. Liquefy Bethesda writers in a vat of acid. Eat Bethesda writers. Dissect Bethesda writers. Exterminate Bethesda writers in the gas chamber. Stomp Bethesda writer skulls with steel toed boots. Cremate Bethesda writers in the oven. Lobotomize Bethesda writers. Mandatory abortions for Bethesda writers. Grind Bethesda writer fetuses in the garbage disposal. Drown Bethesda writers in fried chicken grease. Vaporize Bethesda writers with a ray gun. Kick old Bethesda writers down the stairs. Feed Bethesda writers to alligators. Slice Bethesda writers with a katana.
Zoner

Post by Zoner »

Manny V wrote: April 14th, 2024, 06:07
all my friends are saying how they were 'pleasantly surprised' by how good they think the show is

i'm not even a fan of fallout really and i'm losing my mind how they think this goyslop is excusable
Idiocracy is unfortunately real.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

dumb leftist writers wanting to make a point about how muh evil capitalism sends the boys to war even with defective equipment because it's all about money (defense contracts). that's the long and short of it.

basically anything in modern goyslop tv is just "the leftist writers want to make a point about _____", and that's part of the reason why modern tv shows lack nuance or character.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

J1M wrote: April 15th, 2024, 00:47
Before calling Joe a genius realize that 6 is not really picking a side and that anyone who is mildly aware of trends knew what this would be before it was made.
Oh I know. As I said before Joe is the King of Normies but he kind of surprised me in that I thought his dumbass was going to give the show a 8 out 10 given how hyped he was and how he gave Fallout 4 a 8 out of 10. Instead he was actually critical for a change and stated: "Yeah, this show raped the lore. I kind of don't like it." Which earned him the ire of Reddit and the Amazon and Bethesda bot army. As I said before, give it a few weeks and most of the normies will agree with their king and come to the same general consensus as him. After all the Rings of Power season 2 is coming up soon and Amazon will be needing to use their bot army to defend that garbage heap. We will start to learn how people really feel about the show soon which is probably the same as how Joe feels.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 15th, 2024, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
kerghnox

Post by kerghnox »

aweigh wrote: April 15th, 2024, 03:42
dumb leftist writers wanting to make a point about how muh evil capitalism sends the boys to war even with defective equipment because it's all about money (defense contracts). that's the long and short of it.

basically anything in modern goyslop tv is just "the leftist writers want to make a point about _____", and that's part of the reason why modern tv shows lack nuance or character.
It's mindboggling the retards couldn't come up with a weakness that's not suicidal for an army to ignore. God forbid they write in clever ways for characters to combat Power Armour. Or even have Gauss weapons, an already canon weapon line that wrecks PA. I hate leftist writers so much.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

aweigh wrote: April 15th, 2024, 03:42

It's amusing how much this clashes with the original lore because America was overwhelmingly winning the war.
I never understood how Fallout was meant to be a 'critique of capitalism'. America was attacked for refusing to share their energy technology, America was (almost certainly) nuked because they were winning the war they didn't start. Isn't that a critique of the totalitarian communism?
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 15th, 2024, 04:10
It's amusing how much this clashes with the original lore because America was overwhelmingly winning the war.
I never understood how Fallout was meant to be a 'critique of capitalism'. America was attacked for refusing to share their energy technology, America was (almost certainly) nuked because they were winning the war they didn't start. Isn't that a critique of the totalitarian communism?
By we can't have a critique of communism today because communism good and capitalism bad. I know because some danger hair university student whose only book they ever read was the Communist Manifesto told me so on TikTok. These writers are brained dead retards who are all from LA so of course they think capitalism is evil while buying Starbucks three times a day and buying every Apple product that comes out while working for fucking Amazon of all places. The irony doesn't fall on them.
kerghnox

Post by kerghnox »

Boy, I sure love evil mega corporation telling me capitalism is bad.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Is this really House from the show? He looks disgustingly jewish with his nigger lips.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

logincrash wrote: April 15th, 2024, 05:34

Is this really House from the show? He looks disgustingly jewish with his nigger lips.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3398740
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

I've noticed almost nothing from this seems to use anything actually written or created by Bethesda. :scratch:
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 15th, 2024, 05:40

I've noticed almost nothing from this seems to use anything actually written or created by Bethesda. :scratch:
Now that you've mentioned it, which new things did Bethesda actually created for Fallout franchise? Something that's instantly recognizeable?

Vaults, vault tec, vault boy, super mutants, ghouls, BoS, power armor, pipboy, nuka cola, brahmins, deathclaws - originated in fo1;
geckos, gauss weapons, Enclave, pop culture references - originated in fo2;
BoS zeppelin - originated in ftactics;
Mr House, new corporations such as RobCo, Legion, securitrons, - originated in fnv.

It's actually surprising how little did Bethesda brought in. They introduced... focus on retrofuturistic aesthetics, the over the top American exceptionalism thing, radio, synths, the Institute. And that's it?
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

wndrbr wrote: April 15th, 2024, 06:18

Now that you've mentioned it, which new things did Bethesda actually created for Fallout franchise? Something that's instantly recognizeable?

Vaults, vault tec, vault boy, super mutants, ghouls, BoS, power armor, pipboy, nuka cola, brahmins, deathclaws - originated in fo1;
Mr House, new corporations such as RobCo, Legion, securitrons, - originated in fnv.

It's actually surprising how little did Bethesda brought in. They introduced... focus on retrofuturistic aesthetics, the over the top American exceptionalism thing, radio, synths, the Institute. And that's it?

Not only that, Supermutants and the Enclave appearing in FO3 makes no fucking sense. So not only they cannot come up with new stuff they fuck up the stuff that its already there.

And then the TV show brought the Enclave remnants... AGAIN.
Element

Post by Element »

Shillitron wrote: April 15th, 2024, 02:25

By his own admission (read the tweet) he starts with bullshit ideas in his head then runs with them. He's not actually thinking big picture or where the world can go - he just spitballs shit against the wall.
Tbf it's what Rolston did for Tribunal as well. Douglas Goodall, who wrote the majority of faction quests in the base game iirc, got so infuriated by the retardation he quit on the spot
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

wndrbr wrote: April 15th, 2024, 06:18

Synths
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

the only thing they could put in this to make people go "oh yeah I remember that!" from bethouts is probably the silver shroud tbh
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 15th, 2024, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 15th, 2024, 06:38
the only thing they could put in this to make people go "oh yeah I remember that!" from bethouts is probably the silver shroud tbh
also Grognak the barbarian aka 'barbarian starting class from Oblivion'.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

I haven't seen this much shilling and mass witch hunting against real critics since Skyrim. Bethtards are so pathetic that they take it as a personal insult against them for criticizing a shitty Amazon show made by their favorite goyslop making company about their favorite goyslop product. Also, it is no surprise that with the advancement of AI that Amazon and Bethesda would be weaponizing AI created bots against critics of their shitty show. AI has made it really easy and cheap for megacorporation's to create bots in order to create false hype for a product and squash criticism. Disney and Lucasfilm are doing that right now for Star Wars: Outlaws and WB has gone on record saying they do use bots to silence criticism. I mean hell, Bethesda was caught doing that for Starfield a few months ago. Doesn't surprise me that they would do it again for this show.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 15th, 2024, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

is releasing an entire season at once a way to prevent people from being able to properly review it in a reasonable time period?
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 15th, 2024, 06:56
is releasing an entire season at once a way to prevent people from being able to properly review it in a reasonable time period?
I believe so. Amazon and Bethesda aren't that dumb. They knew that most people would just review the first episode and not revise their review after watching the rest of the episodes due to laziness and apathy. Plus, it gave Amazon some time to call in some favors with review aggerate sites to lock their user review scores once word got out about the rape and desecration of the lore. Amazon and Bethesda knew this would happen and they were prepared for it.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 15th, 2024, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.