We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout 4 tv show from Amazon

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

this tv show is going to crack more eggs than new vegas!
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Jordy wrote: March 7th, 2024, 20:49
How the fuck did they mess up the aesthetics this much?
they actually nailed the aesthetics. It's just that they were targeting fo4/fo76 art style instead of fo1-2.
TheEmptyRoad

Post by TheEmptyRoad »

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but if this is supposed to take place around the same time as Fallout 4 there shouldn’t be any visible BoS presence in California. The NCR absolutely crushed them in the years before FNV because they tried telling the NCR what tech they could and could not use.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

wndrbr wrote: March 9th, 2024, 05:17
they actually nailed the aesthetics. It's just that they were targeting fo4/fo76 art style instead of fo1-2.
nu-fallout is more iconic to the target audience.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

rusty_shackleford wrote: November 28th, 2023, 23:18
Entire story of Fallout is about how capitalism is good and communism is bad.
Capitalism wins the resource wars by inventing a new type of fuel, communists nuke the world because they lost and are flipping over the chess board in a fit of butthurt.
My God, you take Fallout straightforwardly and seriously. After all, the whole concept of Fallout universe is based on ridiculing American propaganda of the 60s by bringing the intensity of american patriotism to the point of absurdity. Especially with the atomic bombings, considering who dropped them first and where.
Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on March 9th, 2024, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Consul wrote: November 28th, 2023, 21:35
Emphyrio wrote: November 28th, 2023, 20:59
Roguey wrote: November 28th, 2023, 20:42
Word of Todd is that it's now canon that the Vault Dwellers were not victims of a social experiment they didn't consent to, but affluent persons of privilege who denied others their rightful gibs by keeping them for themselves.
it's an improvement
Agreed, the whole concept that in the event of a near total extinction a goverment would concern itself with conducting bizzare social experiments on its populace instead of making plans for its survial and recovery is quite far fetched. This came from the mind of Tim Cain, who's a homosexaul, so it's not that strange that he would insert something like that, considering how hard it is for his kind of people to grasp the concept of self preservation.
The spaceship excuse sounds stupid. Who will build it after nuclear bombings and where? Who will get the raw materials? Who will process it, metallurgy and microelectronics are not at the level of a garage workshop.
Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on March 9th, 2024, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

By the way, why Fallout 4 power armors design? They look good and much better than 3 and NV designs.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

wndrbr wrote: March 9th, 2024, 05:17
Nah even for Fallout 4 it's way too bright and colourful. Edit: Just went back and looked up some images. I may have been playing with a mod to make it look better.

The locations look really wrong too. I'm not even sure what it is, too clean perhaps.

The outfits look like something you would order online for a fancy dress party.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Fallout is a deadly serious and infamously humorless franchise, that's why there's *checks notes* green retards for comic relief and Monthy Python references HEY WAIT A MINUTE-

-Humbaba
Faceless_Sentinel

I think i like @Humbaba now.
Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on March 9th, 2024, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: March 9th, 2024, 08:36
Consul wrote: November 28th, 2023, 21:35
Emphyrio wrote: November 28th, 2023, 20:59

it's an improvement
Agreed, the whole concept that in the event of a near total extinction a goverment would concern itself with conducting bizzare social experiments on its populace instead of making plans for its survial and recovery is quite far fetched. This came from the mind of Tim Cain, who's a homosexaul, so it's not that strange that he would insert something like that, considering how hard it is for his kind of people to grasp the concept of self preservation.
The spaceship excuse sounds stupid. Who will build it after nuclear bombings and where? Who will get the raw materials? Who will process it, metallurgy and microelectronics are not at the level of a garage workshop.
It makes perfect sense in the wake of Black Isle's plot for F3. The original intent's been made clear: show off this orbital network you can dock with, teasing to anybody with an imagination where the series could go next. All they had to do was take us to BOMB 001, and anything would become possible. Turns out, prewar tech was more advanced and less derelict than the peons making history slides for the intro knew. Nobody, not the Fallout Bible, the Enclave, not even the narrator, had objective knowledge of the world. Its the simple, lost art of worldbuilding at Bethesda. Their Zeta should have been a staging satelite which lost life-support and began falling from orbit, instead they chose to box the setting into BoS vs next badguy. The Institute should have been another arc project, maybe undersea or a functional version of "Zeta". Its all there, again its just nobody can worldbuild worth a shit at Bethesda.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

When's this trash coming out?
I'm gonna watch it just so I can shit post about it on the internet.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Shillitron wrote: March 9th, 2024, 19:42
The only thing worse than these shows are the grifters on Youtube that scream into their mics complaining about it. Like Synthetic man and Heelvsbabyface. It's just going to be "OH MY GOD DUUUDE THIS SHOW IS SO BAAAD, LIKE WOWWWW". Give me a break.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 9th, 2024, 19:48
The only thing worse than these shows are the grifters on Youtube that scream into their mics complaining about it. Like Synthetic man and Heelvsbabyface. It's just going to be "OH MY GOD DUUUDE THIS SHOW IS SO BAAAD, LIKE WOWWWW". Give me a break.
There's filming yourself screaming into a camera for 50 minutes interspliced with ad reels and patreon donation link popups.
Then there's shit posting / laughing at garbage hollywood crap with the bros.

It's a little silly to conflate the two.

TL;DR - It's okay when I do it.
Last edited by Shillitron on March 9th, 2024, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Humbaba wrote: March 9th, 2024, 09:48
Fallout is a deadly serious and infamously humorless franchise, that's why there's *checks notes* green retards for comic relief and Monthy Python references HEY WAIT A MINUTE-

-Humbaba
turkish IQ on display
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Last edited by loregamer on March 9th, 2024, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

They are okay if they pirate a show, but since most of them are americans, german or british, they are probably too stupid to come up with this, they probably have panic attacks when they see torrent clients, too hard for them, so they give amazon money anyway.

At least i will have video to flicker in the background while im cooking, AZ is perfect for this.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I cannot stand sloptubers who make 2014 gamergate skeptic tier 4 hour rant videos like that. Damn the shitty modern entertainment product is bad and full of poz... whoa... you're just telling me for the first time...
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Vergil wrote: March 9th, 2024, 23:39
I cannot stand sloptubers who make 2014 gamergate skeptic tier 4 hour rant videos like that. Damn the shitty modern entertainment product is bad and full of poz... whoa... you're just telling me for the first time...
If they can make money doing the same thing everyone here does then fair play to 'em.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: March 9th, 2024, 23:39
I watched a Synthetic Man video once and had to stop when he starting whining like a little kid doing an AVGN impression. I can't handle embarrassing stuff like that too well.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Alright so who is getting blamed for it inevitably flopping? Gamegate 2, Trumpism, Russian downvote bots or 4chan?
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Vergil wrote: March 14th, 2024, 14:43
Alright so who is getting blamed for it inevitably flopping? Gamegate 2, Trumpism, Russian downvote bots or 4chan?
yes
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Jews, I hope.

-Humbaba
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Just make it isometricand put a time limit on it.
Anon

Post by Anon »

RPGHQ

One day
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

maidenhaver wrote: March 14th, 2024, 15:13
Just make it isometricand put a time limit on it.
Also have female protag have INT 1.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

remove all women niggers and faggots and quality improves considerably
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

asf wrote: March 15th, 2024, 04:35
remove all women niggers and faggots and quality improves considerably
dafuq? no!

Who the fuck are you supposed to shoot then?
Analogue Dreams

Post by Analogue Dreams »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: March 14th, 2024, 14:01
It starts well
► Show Spoiler
Thought we were going to see Agent Cooper savage the other characters in his evil form, but this is fake news, they meant some other Cooper who is a ghoul, not Kyle MacLachlan who is the only cast that matters.