We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Starfield - Todd Howard's latest masterpiece

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
wishbonetail

Post by wishbonetail »

MINIMUM:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, Intel Core i7-6800K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
[/quote]

Holy shit. Back to Might and Magic then.
Lutte
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lutte »

Jesus is the lead chara artist on starfield. Todd truly is the man of miracles.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Lutte wrote: June 12th, 2023, 16:37

Oh boy!, it's like a Simpsons or Family Guy "joke" in the making!.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Lutte wrote: June 12th, 2023, 16:37

do you think if he put on a hat his hair would disappear
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

wishbonetail wrote: June 12th, 2023, 15:53
Wondering, should I wait for a year again for survival mode to be implemented, like in F4?
Survival mode was a surprisingly good addition to FO4.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

wishbonetail wrote: June 12th, 2023, 16:35
MINIMUM:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, Intel Core i7-6800K
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
Holy shit. Back to Might and Magic then.
Interestingly small gap between minimum & maximum, I have a feeling this is just the equivalent of the xbox series X & series S.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

In otherwords, unoptimized piece of shit so please buy a GTX4090 TITAN from our sponor.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

with open world anal molestation always online DRM chinese zika virus I don't expect mods unless you pay bethesda for them first.

Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Bethesda didn't show footage of landing a ship on a planet nor departing from one, which leads me to believe a 30-second loading screen, one of their favorite gameplay features, will be the standard way to get into and out of planetary orbit.
Last edited by Nemesis on June 12th, 2023, 22:37, edited 2 times in total.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Nemesis wrote: June 12th, 2023, 20:36
Bethesda didn't show footage of landing a ship on a planet nor depart from one, which leads me to believe a 30-second loading screen, one of their favorite gameplay features, will be the standard.
It's still the Creation Engine/Gamebryo, so that's what I'm expecting also.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Bethesda didn't show footage of landing a ship on a planet nor depart from one, which leads me to believe a 30-second loading screen, one of their favorite gameplay features, will be the standard.
Or you'll wear the spaceship as a hat. But you'll definitely only land in the one predetermined location.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Bethesda didn't show footage of landing a ship on a planet nor departing from one, which leads me to believe a 30-second loading screen, one of their favorite gameplay features, will be the standard way to get into and out of planetary orbit.
they confirmed it during the previous showcase. Landing/taking off is a cutscene.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Woosh! That's the sound of player agency vanishing into the vacuum of space!
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Right, that means we can't fly our spaceships on the planet. But, there will be an Open Planets mod by Arthmoor, with fugly oblivion portals in them.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

It will feel silly when you land in a zone full of enemies that a flyby with your spacelaser would have solved.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Emphyrio wrote: June 13th, 2023, 13:24
It will feel silly when you land in a zone full of enemies that a flyby with your spacelaser would have solved.
FADE IN

You are tasked with exploring a base controlled by a dangerous group of mercenaries on one of the "thousands" of Starfield's procedurally generated planets.

Intelligence says you should expect heavy resistance (anti-ship and anti-personnel) on the approach and landing. "Proceed with extreme caution," the report concludes.

You steer your ship toward the planet and select the destination from the game's UI.

"Do you wish to land?" the ship's onboard computer announces. Yes.

"Prepare for landing." The screen fades to black.

A cutscene shows your ship flying across the planet's surface, the base quickly approaching in the horizon. The camera pans around the base; no anti-ship cannons or anti-personnel guards in sight; the place looks abandoned.

The camera jumps to a view from the base, fixating on your ship as it quickly flies over the base and performs a "heckin'" cool maneuver to position itself over the landing zone. The camera jumps to a view below the ship as it gracefully and patiently touches down. The camera zooms out to a brief view of your ship, allowing you a moment to admire all the work (the design, the firepower, and that cool decal slapped on the side) you've put into the machine. The ship's haul opens, a ramp extends then drops to the ground with a loud thud. The ship's engine cooling system hisses as your character slowly walks down the ramp, taking in the scene.

Another loading screen.

Suddenly, you're thrust back into first-person view, your gun at the ready. Dozens of hostile NPCs, all of whom were absent from the cutscene, detect your presence (they seem more startled than aware), and begin to pump you with lead. They have superior firepower and there's no place to hide. You fall quickly. The screen fades to black.

Load last save? Yes.

The screen fades in to your ship prior to planetary approach.

"Do you wish to land?"

Welcome to Starfield.

FADE OUT
Last edited by Nemesis on June 14th, 2023, 16:26, edited 3 times in total.
wishbonetail

Post by wishbonetail »

Nemesis wrote: June 13th, 2023, 14:57
Suddenly, you're thrust back into first-person view, your gun at the ready. Dozens of hostile NPCs, all of whom were absent from the cutscene, detect your presence (they seem more startled than aware), and begin you with lead. They have superior and there's no place to hide. You fall quickly. Screen fades to black.
That was my exact experience with Enderal. Thank god i had multiple saves.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Wondering, should I wait for a year again for survival mode to be implemented, like in F4?
You are already "surviving" battling space pirates and space dinosaurs. This isn't the middle ages or a post-apocalyptic wasteland, it's astronauts, why do you want to have to manually drink your Tang every ten minutes.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

All of the female body type 2 NPCs have The Outer Worlds hairstyles
wishbonetail

Post by wishbonetail »

Emphyrio wrote: June 13th, 2023, 17:04
You are already "surviving" battling space pirates and space dinosaurs. This isn't the middle ages or a post-apocalyptic wasteland, it's astronauts, why do you want to have to manually drink your Tang every ten minutes.
There certainly could be other hazards in space aside hunger like chemical, biological, radiologcal that could spice up the gameplay and make the game actually worth playing. In F4 you goddamn limbs repair themselves after combat on normal difficulties. How retarded is that?
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

wishbonetail wrote: June 13th, 2023, 20:20
Emphyrio wrote: June 13th, 2023, 17:04
There certainly could be other hazards in space aside hunger like chemical, biological, radiologcal that could spice up the gameplay and make the game actually worth playing. In F4 you goddamn limbs repair themselves after combat on normal difficulties. How retarded is that?
Radiation might be in already. We'll see.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Emphyrio wrote: June 13th, 2023, 17:15
All of the female body type 2 NPCs have The Outer Worlds hairstyles
probably because of the spacesuit helmets.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Imagine being so emotionally fragile it bothers you that hair cuts can be worn by both genders. Haha. Those bitches sure were ugly though. Glad I did not support the FPS-ification of rpg's by playing it.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Why didn't you tell me TES VI will be Todd's last game?
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

All the new devs in the company are fat dangerhair faggots who grew up playing shit like Dragon Age 2. Starfield already has character pronouns and body type A/B nonsense, judging by how things are going in the industry the next installment in the TES series will be even more pozzed. Also there were rumours about Bethesda being a highly dysfunctional company with higher-ups not caring about videogames anymore. Todd is in his early fifties, and Starfield took almost a decade to complete.

TES6 will be Bethesda's Hail Mary.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

In another timeline, I joined chess club in school and got an internship at BGS, where I helped make Skyrim, and Todd recognized my abilities and intuitive understanding of good games and took me as his apprentice, and I am next in line to the throne of vidya.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

maidenhaver wrote: June 14th, 2023, 14:54
In another timeline, I joined chess club in school and got an internship at BGS, where I helped make Skyrim, and Todd recognized my abilities and intuitive understanding of good games and took me as his apprentice, and I am next in line to the throne of vidya.
You'd have to live in the US and leave your shithole 3rd world Slavic country behind for that to happen.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

dur dur dur shit on the poors while i adjust my adult diaper