We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Escapist Officially Ends Zero Punctuation

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

Humbaba wrote: November 7th, 2023, 19:09
Wtf?????? Yahtzee and ZP were literally the only thing worthwhile about the Escapist. For a stretch of at least 2 years, ZP was the only content uploaded to the Escapist youtube channel. Yahtzee was with that company for like 15 years. And that's the guy that gets booted???

Btw Yahtz has largely been completely apolitical in his content, only ever tangentially sharing some of his opinions in his reviews, most of which were only somewhat leftist at best. Calling him a commie cuck is undeserved. Yahtzee bashed The Lesbian of Us 2 heavily for relying on the main character being a minority. He also used the retard word, which is the mark of a Nazi in current year.

However, many of his later associates at the Escapist were caricatures of soy chugging fuckboys and as some have pointed out, they did rub off on him a bit.

I for one am very sad to see the series end, having watched it weekly for many years. Yahtzee is a trusted reviewer of mine with aligning tastes, the last remaining, after TB died of ass cancer. I do wonder what he's going to do next. Yahtzee is after all not actually a youtuber, earning his living via his employment as a journo. It's very likely he'll go freelance on the tube now but that income is all but stable and building a channel from the ground up is not something a 40+ year old father should have to be doing.

Someone should invite him to this site.

-Humbaba
He stopped saying retard and cunt years ago, and even says he feels haunted because he used to say retard.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Vlajdimir Ermenović wrote: November 8th, 2023, 09:55
He stopped saying retard and cunt years ago, and even says he feels haunted because he used to say retard.
This is what lefty brainworms do to people.

"How dare these right wing Nazi fascists get upset about the writing in your games!" "Oh no, I said a bad word years ago, how upsetting!"

Honestly, the more I learn about Yahtzee as a person the more I hate him. The same disingenious thundercunt who wined about Australia censoring video games is now himself pro-censorship for stuff he doesn't like. Fucking hypocrite.
Vlajdimir Ermenović

SoLong wrote: November 8th, 2023, 13:01
This is what lefty brainworms do to people.

"How dare these right wing Nazi fascists get upset about the writing in your games!" "Oh no, I said a bad word years ago, how upsetting!"

Honestly, the more I learn about Yahtzee as a person the more I hate him. The same disingenious thundercunt who wined about Australia censoring video games is now himself pro-censorship for stuff he doesn't like. Fucking hypocrite.
He was anti-censorship in 2008, and stopped saying retarded about a decade later. He was definitely infected by a brainworm during that time span. Doesn't sound like an attitude he'd develop on his own, more like a product of conformity. He was a sweary video game nerd when being a sweary video game nerd was the hot new thing, but at some point that stopped being the case and it was time to let the ship sink.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Vlajdimir Ermenović wrote: November 8th, 2023, 13:17
He was anti-censorship in 2008
Leftists are against censorship so long as they are not in a position of power. When they do attain power, they are all for cancel culture and pogroms if you say something they don't like.

As for him in particular, he's just another conformist cuck that says whatever the liberal hivemind demands he says. Being edgy and against censorship was in vogue 15 years ago, being a sensitive little bitch and sucking that girly troon cock is what it means to be a liberal today.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

gerey wrote: November 8th, 2023, 14:11
Leftists are against censorship so long as they are not in a position of power. When they do attain power, they are all for cancel culture and pogroms if you say something they don't like.

As for him in particular, he's just another conformist cuck that says whatever the liberal hivemind demands he says. Being edgy and against censorship was in vogue 15 years ago, being a sensitive little bitch and sucking that girly troon cock is what it means to be a liberal today.
"When you are in power I demand that you accomodate me because that's in line with your values. When I am in power I refuse to accomodate you because that's in line with mine." ~Every entitled commie ever

No, seriously. Go to any adult daycare (formerly known as universities) and look around. Don't listen to a word of their drivel, just watch what they actually do.
Rand

Post by Rand »

“When I am weaker than you, I ask you for my freedom because that is according to your principles;
when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.”
― Frank Herbert
Last edited by Rand on November 9th, 2023, 06:25, edited 1 time in total.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Rand wrote: November 8th, 2023, 18:09
“When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles;
when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.”
― Frank Herbert
How dare you point out where I blatantly stole my quote from!
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

I'm just happy that Yahtzee is free from cringe DnD group, pedophile bald Fudge Packard and all the other soys. I just wish he'd get back together with Gabe from Australia.

-Humbaba
Vlajdimir Ermenović

gerey wrote: November 8th, 2023, 14:11
Vlajdimir Ermenović wrote: November 8th, 2023, 13:17
He was anti-censorship in 2008

Lefties are always pro-censorship, that's part of what being a leftie means (more power to the authorities). 2008 yahtzee wasn't like that, he cracked nigger jokes, made fun of the japanese for being gay, and shat on lefties who were obsessed with race. You're right that he's conformist, but a conformist can do a good job in a sane society, where the taboos are still reasonable. In 2008 you were fine as long as you didn't call for death to niggers and muslims. In 2023 you're fine as long as you don't say retarded, faggot, or cunt, spell ''black people'' without capitalizing the b, go a paragraph without going TRANS RIGHTS BLACK LIVES MATTER, or neglect to praise the latest female action hero. You understand that you can't function under the latter system because you're basically having words put in your mouth. The only sane option is to bail and seek another job/system, which yahtzee should've done a while ago.
Last edited by Vlajdimir Ermenović on November 8th, 2023, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Humbaba wrote: November 8th, 2023, 20:07
I'm just happy that Yahtzee is free from cringe DnD group, pedophile bald Fudge Packard and all the other soys. I just wish he'd get back together with Gabe from Australia.
Don't celebrate just yet. I don't think Yahtzee will free himself of the brainworms anytime soon.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Just in case people wanted to keep up with his content:

Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Watched it last week, it's just ZP but red and a different Yahtzee. Still sorta tragic to see a father lose a stable job and having to work as an actual tuber. Reminder that youtube, streaming etc. isn't work, it's begging.

-Humbaba
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Yahtzee's top 10 for the year, if anyone is interested:

WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

tl;dw, but I'll read the list and loudly disagree if you post it for us @The_Mask.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Humbaba wrote: November 7th, 2023, 19:09
Wtf?????? Yahtzee and ZP were literally the only thing worthwhile about the Escapist. For a stretch of at least 2 years, ZP was the only content uploaded to the Escapist youtube channel. Yahtzee was with that company for like 15 years. And that's the guy that gets booted???

Btw Yahtz has largely been completely apolitical in his content, only ever tangentially sharing some of his opinions in his reviews, most of which were only somewhat leftist at best. Calling him a commie cuck is undeserved. Yahtzee bashed The Lesbian of Us 2 heavily for relying on the main character being a minority. He also used the retard word, which is the mark of a Nazi in current year.

However, many of his later associates at the Escapist were caricatures of soy chugging fuckboys and as some have pointed out, they did rub off on him a bit.

I for one am very sad to see the series end, having watched it weekly for many years. Yahtzee is a trusted reviewer of mine with aligning tastes, the last remaining, after TB died of ass cancer. I do wonder what he's going to do next. Yahtzee is after all not actually a youtuber, earning his living via his employment as a journo. It's very likely he'll go freelance on the tube now but that income is all but stable and building a channel from the ground up is not something a 40+ year old father should have to be doing.

Someone should invite him to this site.

-Humbaba
To be fair, obscenities of any kind are a symptom of weak minds. When a person cusses, it's a direct indication that they are thinking on a lower, more reactive, and more emotional level. The opposite impression of what you want to give people if you call yourself a reviewer.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

This fag spawned an entire horde of annoying angloids who think talking fast and making painfully unfunny "quips" is good content.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Best games:
5. Dredge

4. Amnesia: The Bunker

3. Shadows of Doubt

2. The Talos Principle 2

1. Hi-Fi Rush

Blandest games: Star Wars: Jedi Survivor, Final Fantasy XVI, Hogwarts: Legacy, Avatar: Frontiers something something, Starfield

Worst games:

5. REDFALL
4. Mortal Kombat 1
3. Hellboy: Web of Weird
2. Forspoken
1. Gollum
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

He liked Shadows of Doubt, huh? That one's on my wishlist. It looks pretty interesting.

I'm promised I'd loudly disagree, but I haven't played anything on any of his lists and I'm realizing that I haven't played anything from 2023 at all, so... Oh, wait, his best list has no RPGs. Does he dislike RPGs? What an unsophisticated barbarian!
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Why tf would a fisherman be dredging? Very mysterious.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I haven't heard of any of those games, but just looking at the titles and pictures I can tell they are shit.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

WhiteShark wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 22:16
He liked Shadows of Doubt, huh? That one's on my wishlist. It looks pretty interesting.

I'm promised I'd loudly disagree, but I haven't played anything on any of his lists and I'm realizing that I haven't played anything from 2023 at all, so... Oh, wait, his best list has no RPGs. Does he dislike RPGs? What an unsophisticated barbarian!
He likes Disco Elysium and BG3 so he's a bit of a pleb.

-Humbaba
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I think that Yahtzeeeeeeeeee is going through that phase where he realizes communism sucks:

Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Yatzee's hot takes have outlived their (brief) welcome