We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Hooray: Shitty gamedevs being fired thread

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Roguey wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 19:18
rusty_shackleford wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 16:21
wtf why did nobody tell me the braid guy is based
He was utterly devastated because Soulja Boy didn't have the intelligence to understand the meaning of Braid.
It was then he realized niggers are too stupid to understand his greatness and must be removed from society.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 16:21
wtf why did nobody tell me the braid guy is based

also the replies are full of retards crying about him saying remote work is unproductive(it is)
Genuinely good take - I 100% agree with him.
infamous Jonathan blow simp @agentorange redeemed?
Last edited by Shillitron on January 24th, 2024, 03:14, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

jcd wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 19:12
The Braid guy is a drooling retard whose opinions are universally wrong! Who also made a cool game.
Watching him suck his own dick on that shitty indie documentary low key ruined my opinion of him.. but do you disagree with the quote rusty posted?

Cause he's right you know.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Shillitron wrote: January 24th, 2024, 03:19
jcd wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 19:12
The Braid guy is a drooling retard whose opinions are universally wrong! Who also made a cool game.
Watching him suck his own dick on that shitty indie documentary low key ruined my opinion of him.. but do you disagree with the quote rusty posted?

Cause he's right you know.
You'll know if he's right in a few years. Free money during 2020-2021 caused a lot of companies to aggressively overhire and what happened later was just a correction and regression toward the mean. If anything videogames are gaining steam because shit like fortnite has proven that there's a viable business model there with repeatable, predictable subscription income if you know how to play the game. It's almost an entirely different market than the games typical codexers would play. Different meaning of "videogame" and different demographics. They don't compete with what you think of as games. Blow likes to saturate his posts with jargon and complain a lot because he thinks that makes him sound smart, and there's a lot of people out there for whom bitter and jaded = smart. Follower/consumer mindset.

This Blow guy knows what he's talking about! We should put him in charge he's gonna fix the economy
Last edited by jcd on January 24th, 2024, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Comparing how fortnite operates and generates revenue to other vidja is like comparing Christianity to Scientology. Yes, it's uneniable the second managed some economic success, it obtained those via brainwashing and lack of morals.

Have you ever spent 2 minutes talking with your average Fortnite kid? I do. Because my work consists in having to deal with kids of that age. You can recognize a minecraft kid from a fortnite kid 10 miles away, most of the times.

The only thing I agree with them is they are the only ones in their generation to notice, on average, how ugly the models have become in other games, especially wymminz. Eg, currently Fortnite kids spend a good chunk of their in-game banter making fun of suicide squad.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

@rusty_shackleford

These are basically the three flavors of talks he does.
jcd

Post by jcd »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:08
this is what the forum looks like with rustyvision
LITERALLY MINDBROKEN OBSESSED AND FUMING
Last edited by jcd on January 24th, 2024, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

jcd wrote: January 24th, 2024, 14:26
And yet every time you post it's just to bring more negativity.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Breathe wrote: January 24th, 2024, 14:42
jcd wrote: January 24th, 2024, 14:26
And yet every time you post it's just to bring more negativity.
People like this don’t realize the more they tantrum and out themselves the more they get shunned and ignored by worthwhile individuals. The only interaction they can even get after a certain point is being mocked or from other shame filled individuals.

They turn their reality into hell of their own making.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Rarely do you pwn somebody so hard they follow you from thread to thread just to say how butthurt they are, but I managed it once again. The legend of jcd lives on.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:33
You can recognize a minecraft kid from a fortnite kid 10 miles away, most of the times.
I am morbidly fascinated by the subject. What are the differences between one species and the other?
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

gerey wrote: January 24th, 2024, 17:11
I am morbidly fascinated by the subject. What are the differences between one species and the other?
First we need to define what a Minecraft kid is. A Minecraft kid has been introduced to the game by an older relative, either a sibling or a father that recognizes the inherent creativity the medium offers to a little child. Minecraft is the perfect quasi-lego for families that cannot afford toys. Dads that want to spend some time with their kids doing something creative usually choose minecraft, in our day and age. This to distinguish them from all those kids that fall into the pit of online communities and such, because in that case the game is usually secondary and the kid is probably suffering from loleliness and seeking peers and companionship.

As for the actual differences. Fortnite trains them to be consumers and follow trends. Ofc it compares the trends and standards it sets with those of other products because they derive economic advantages from doing so but the kids know little about the underlying culture war, they just think one game looks better than the other. Most of the time such kids also think the 'skills' they learned in game can be easily translated into real-life activities. Lmao.

Minecraft is a creative endeavour, much more than a game. The great majority of those that play it, do so with an outdated and pirated copy. They care little about the game tbh, most never leave creative mode, one could argue they aren't even playing vidja. As an educator tho, the effect it has on their brain is much more interesting. Eg, consequences of your actions. A Minecraft kid is usually bound to understand the concept of something you perform today having an effect days or weeks later, simply because he or she had probably already had to tear down some artistic creation because of a simple mistake made at the beginning of their endeavours. Any activity that keeps a kid interested on the same practical goal or objective for multiple days is good from a purely propedeutic perspective and the wet dream of a number of pedagogical doctrines. Again, it's more or less Lego, without the hefty price tag. No physical manipulation of the pieces is a bummer but 85% of the activity is in the brain anyway.

edit: This is the same post, but with Rustyvision on
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by Ratcatcher on January 24th, 2024, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 24th, 2024, 17:35
A Minecraft kid is usually bound to understand the concept of something you perform today having an effect days or weeks later
So Fortnite kids are basically niggers.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 24th, 2024, 17:35
First we need to define what a Minecraft kid is. A Minecraft kid has been introduced to the game by an older relative, either a sibling or a father that recognizes the inherent creativity the medium offers to a little child. Minecraft is the perfect quasi-lego for families that cannot afford toys. Dads that want to spend some time with their kids doing something creative usually choose minecraft, in our day and age. This to distinguish them from all those kids that fall into the pit of online communities and such, because in that case the game is usually secondary and the kid is probably suffering from loleliness and seeking peers and companionship.

As for the actual differences. Fortnite trains them to be consumers and follow trends. Ofc it compares the trends and standards it sets with those of other products because they derive economic advantages from doing so but the kids know little about the underlying culture war, they just think one game looks better than the other. Most of the time such kids also think the 'skills' they learned in game can be easily translated into real-life activities. Lmao.

Minecraft is a creative endeavour, much more than a game. The great majority of those that play it, do so with an outdated and pirated copy. They care little about the game tbh, most never leave creative mode, one could argue they aren't even playing vidja. As an educator tho, the effect it has on their brain is much more interesting. Eg, consequences of your actions. A Minecraft kid is usually bound to understand the concept of something you perform today having an effect days or weeks later, simply because he or she had probably already had to tear down some artistic creation because of a simple mistake made at the beginning of their endeavours. Any activity that keeps a kid interested on the same practical goal or objective for multiple days is good from a purely propedeutic perspective and the wet dream of a number of pedagogical doctrines. Again, it's more or less Lego, without the hefty price tag. No physical manipulation of the pieces is a bummer but 85% of the activity is in the brain anyway.
Damn... all this time I thought that the shrieking autistic children playing Minecraft at McDonald's on tablets were fluoridated test tube retards, but now I know they were just learning consequences for their actions. This really is fascinating from a propedeutic perspective.
Lutte
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lutte »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:33
You can recognize a minecraft kid from a fortnite kid 10 miles away, most of the times.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Microsoft announced 1900 dev layoffs. To make the process more exciting, they haven't told people who is laid off yet.

Also, Blizzard's survival game is cancelled. Probably to save face versus Palworld sales.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Sorry coders.. you should of learned to mine coal.

:lol:
Last edited by Shillitron on January 26th, 2024, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

90 year old woman cries about urinalists being laid off.

Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

This video explains why this is happening:

Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Shillitron wrote: January 26th, 2024, 02:22

Summary for those who don't wanna watch an old grandma talk like a zoomer:

"10's of thousands of journalists have been laid off in the past year"

LA Times lays off 15% of workforce
Time Magazine lay offs
Buzzfeed News Gone.
Sports Illustrated Gone.

All major news networks have laid off a significant work force or intend to.

GQ / Vogue / Vanity Fair all on strike because of pending layoffs.

ALL IN AN ELECTION YEAR!!! Oh Noes!!

----

She closes her argument by saying:

"I don't think people know how bad the world would be - without journalists."

:scratch:

KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Turning Blizzard, Activision and Bethesda into IP farms would only be an improvement at this point. Fire everybody there, and just feel the peace and calm wash over every gaymer.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I feel nothing when it comes to Taylor Lorenz.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Shillitron wrote: January 26th, 2024, 02:31
Shillitron wrote: January 26th, 2024, 02:22

Summary for those who don't wanna watch an old grandma talk like a zoomer:

"10's of thousands of journalists have been laid off in the past year"

LA Times lays off 15% of workforce
Time Magazine lay offs
Buzzfeed News Gone.
Sports Illustrated Gone.

All major news networks have laid off a significant work force or intend to.

GQ / Vogue / Vanity Fair all on strike because of pending layoffs.

ALL IN AN ELECTION YEAR!!! Oh Noes!!

----

She closes her argument by saying:

"I don't think people know how bad the world would be - without journalists."

:scratch:

Thanks for the summary, I wouldn’t have watched that creature otherwise.

Good to know the day of the brick is finally upon us. So satisfying.
Rand

Post by Rand »

jcd wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:02
Different meaning of "videogame" and different demographics.
Dopamine release stimulator for near-normie morons.
If these types didn't have games, they'd be watching sports, not doing something we all would.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

1998 wrote: January 26th, 2024, 12:19

Kotaku also seems quite excited about the recent layoffs.

https://kotaku.com/game-industry-layoff ... 1851155818
More like they are milking the ad-rev on this news cycle to justify their own shitty news outlet not being shuttered.

None of these people offer value in a open market and with all the DEI & ESG dollars drying up.. the in-fighting over the last few scraps has begun.