We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Alan Wake II

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Alan Wake II

Post by Segata »

It's out

You always wanted to be a negress detective sympathizing with oppressed PoCs in your Alan Wake game, right?
junior

Post by junior »

Remedy's last good game was released 20 years ago.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Alan Wake, huh?
More like... Alan woke!
heh.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Reminder, it keeps happening

garren

Post by garren »

One thing I've noticed often is that whenever they add a woke character to a game they always have this smug default look on their face, like the devs can't stop giving these little hints when pushing their woke crap.
Last edited by garren on October 27th, 2023, 23:46, edited 2 times in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

garren wrote: October 27th, 2023, 23:44
One thing I've noticed often is that whenever they add a woke character to a game they always have this smug default look on their face, like the devs can't stop giving these little hints when pushing their woke crap.
Because gayms are their power fantasy. A power fantasy is fueled by resentment, which is what they feel toward White Man: the Albus. This is different from the power fantasy they accused us of having. Our fantasy was an escape, an ideal world. It wasn't just a power fantasy, but a place for us to think and feel and do things without shitty people. Their's is a mockery of that, filled with shitty people. A true power fantasy. That's ok, I have turned the real world into my power fantasy.
Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

I saw a topic and I needed to pull a @maidenhaver and post in it.

Btw modern day gaming sucks and is gay. Green checkmarks pls.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Your post count is puny, but there is hope.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

the funny part is that those two were tresspassing, and they also tried to steal the evidence (golden necklace).
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I've been playing for like three hours, and 90% of my playtime was either watching cutscenes, or slowly walking while listening to what npcs were saying.

The actual gameplay is actually fine, but there's just too little of it.
CrazedGoblin

Post by CrazedGoblin »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: October 27th, 2023, 11:33
It's out

You always wanted to be a negress detective sympathizing with oppressed PoCs in your Alan Wake game, right?
By The Way she is a race swapping character she used to be white but they changed that for there Brainwashing propaganda here a picture of her in a series connected to the lore of This game.

Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Please tell me the sales for this game are shit
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

wndrbr wrote: October 29th, 2023, 13:27
I've been playing for like three hours, and 90% of my playtime was either watching cutscenes, or slowly walking while listening to what npcs were saying.

So like the first game lol?
CrazedGoblin wrote: October 29th, 2023, 13:29
Segata Sanshiro wrote: October 27th, 2023, 11:33
It's out

By The Way she is a race swapping character she used to be white but they changed that for there Brainwashing propaganda here a picture of her in a series connected to the lore of This game.

I thought a lot of the black panic (in games at least) was over blown until nearly every character in both Pathfinder games (played them this year) was either gay, insufferable, or black for no good reason. Then they charge out the ass to make your own mercs basically forcing you to use them.

Alan Wake 2 is just another cinematic fap fest. The first game was only good due to the open world they mostly scrapped and the Twin Peaks stuff.
Last edited by General Reign on October 30th, 2023, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

General Reign wrote: October 30th, 2023, 00:14
wndrbr wrote: October 29th, 2023, 13:27

So like the first game lol?
nah. The first game had a relatively moderate amount of cinematic bullshit, and had quite a lot of gameplay. The gameplay was really bad, though.

AW2 has the opposite problem - the gameplay itself is alright (they just copied the recent Resident Evil games, hard to mess up something like this), but there's just too much cinematic bullshit inbetween gameplay sections. You don't get to shoot anything in the first hour, then you shoot one scripted zombie, and then there's another hour of not shooting anything and only walking/watching cutscenes/listening to NPCs.

Quantum Break was also a movie-game with gameplay-to-cinematics ratio heavily skewed towards the latter. After playing "Control" I thought Remedy was starting to change their gay cinematic ways (Control had quite a decent amount of pure gameplay, due to the limited budget and inability to add a ton of cinematics), but alas.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I know if I was some lame ass spic living in Florida that black female would shake me to my core.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Finished it. Overall i'd say that it's probably the worst Remedy game so far.

The "gameplay to cinematics" ratio is really bad here, it's more skewed towards cinematics than any other cinematics-heavy game that i've played, including The Last of Us. 30% of the AW2 are cutscenes and dialogue segments, 30% - actual gameplay, and 40% - filler sequences where you slowly walk around the areas, look for clues, and then pin them to a clue board. Except that those 40% are utterly devoid of any challenge since the clues are 1) highlighted, and 2) cannot be pinned in the wrong order or in the wrong cathegory.

The gameplay itself is basically RE2-RE3 remake, but clunkier and worse in every way. There are only four enemy types - three in Saga's campaign (melee rednecks, fast rednecks who throws shit at you, possessed wolves) and only one in Alan's campaing (shadowy dudes who turn into rednecks after you point a lantern at them). The item management and resource conservation barely matter cuz AW2 has RE4-style adaptive difficulty, so as soon as you start running low on certain types of supplies the game will start showering you with them via lootable containers.

The levels at times have a non-linear structure, but the game never actually gives you freedom of tackling the objectives in your own order - you cant sequence-break, and you can't even do certain tasks out of order even if logically it should be possible to do them. At one point in the main quest you are given a task to find a ritual deer mask. There's a hint - the mask may be near the well. You find a well, and the mask is not here, but as soon as you open a clue board and pin "deer mask may be located near a well" clue to it, the mask magically spawns from the thin air. Another example was a fusebox in the nursing home. You're standing outside, your objective is to find a mcguffin hidden in a room locked with an electronic lock, and you can see that the lights are out. It makes sense to go to the basement and swap a broken fuse, but you can't do that - the fusebox will not be interactable until you go upstairs to the locked door and try to open in. The main character will mutter something like "ugh the door is locked and the lights are out, i must replace the fuse', and only then the fusebox becomes interactable.

And the story isn't even good. It's just another Twin Peaks/Stephen King pastiche, except a bit gorier and edgier than the first game because now the list of "inspired by" was expanded by adding Twin Peaks Season 3. And don't get me started on the constant Control/Max Payne/Quantum Break references, because everything needs to be a part of some "expanded universe", or "multiverse", or "Remedyverse", or whatever the fuck. Alan Wake, Max Payne from alternate timeline, and Federal Bureau of Control all team up to fight Thanos!!! :soyface:

The bottom line is that someone must travel to Finland and beat Sam Lake to death in minecraft.
Last edited by wndrbr on November 5th, 2023, 08:38, edited 3 times in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

why? I play garbage all the time.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Playing bad games makes good games that much better.
H-H-Holmes

Post by H-H-Holmes »

rusty_shackleford wrote: November 5th, 2023, 08:59
Playing bad games makes good games that much better.
This was true when good games were being made.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

It's over.

Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Already being discounted not even a month after release. How do you say 'flop' in Finnish?

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: November 21st, 2023, 19:58
Already being discounted not even a month after release. How do you say 'flop' in Finnish?

Floppi :salute:
Rand

Post by Rand »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: November 21st, 2023, 19:58

Buy game from here, get in-game purse.
Okay, no thanks.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Buy Alan Wake 2 (please!) get faggy manpurse that's sure to be the envy of all your groomer friends in Fortnite!