We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

AI art thread

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

Not a big fan, occasionally it can be pretty funny though (in a nightmarish sort of way).
Last edited by Sweeper on October 26th, 2023, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Sweeper wrote: October 26th, 2023, 14:58
Not a big fan, occasionally it can be pretty funny though (in a nightmarish sort of way).
Photo of an upset Kosovar man, tears rolling down his cheeks, expressing anger and disbelief at a high-tech machine which is autonomously creating art.

Last edited by rusty_shackleford on October 26th, 2023, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

rusty_shackleford wrote: October 26th, 2023, 15:04
Sweeper wrote: October 26th, 2023, 14:58
Photo of an upset Kosovar man, tears rolling down his cheeks, expressing anger and disbelief at a high-tech machine which is autonomously creating art.

He does kinda look like my cousin.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steam ... 7997849619
AI Content on Steam
Tue, January 9, 2024 @ 8:16 PM AST

Back in June, we shared that while our goal continues to be shipping as many games as possible on Steam, we needed some time to learn about the fast-moving and legally murky space of AI technology, especially given Steam's worldwide reach.

Today, after spending the last few months learning more about this space and talking with game developers, we are making changes to how we handle games that use AI technology. This will enable us to release the vast majority of games that use it.

First, we are updating the Content Survey that developers fill out when submitting to Steam. The survey now includes a new AI disclosure section, where you'll need to describe how you are using AI in the development and execution of your game. It separates AI usage in games into two broad categories:

Pre-Generated: Any kind of content (art/code/sound/etc) created with the help of AI tools during development. Under the Steam Distribution Agreement, you promise Valve that your game will not include illegal or infringing content, and that your game will be consistent with your marketing materials. In our pre-release review, we will evaluate the output of AI generated content in your game the same way we evaluate all non-AI content - including a check that your game meets those promises.
Live-Generated: Any kind of content created with the help of AI tools while the game is running. In addition to following the same rules as Pre-Generated AI content, this comes with an additional requirement: in the Content Survey, you'll need to tell us what kind of guardrails you're putting on your AI to ensure it's not generating illegal content.

Valve will use this disclosure in our review of your game prior to release. We will also include much of your disclosure on the Steam store page for your game, so customers can also understand how the game uses AI.

Second, we're releasing a new system on Steam that allows players to report illegal content inside games that contain Live-Generated AI content. Using the in-game overlay, players can easily submit a report when they encounter content that they believe should have been caught by appropriate guardrails on AI generation.

Today's changes are the result of us improving our understanding of the landscape and risks in this space, as well as talking to game developers using AI, and those building AI tools. This will allow us to be much more open to releasing games using AI technology on Steam. The only exception to this will be Adult Only Sexual Content that is created with Live-Generated AI - we are unable to release that type of content right now.

It's taken us some time to figure this out, and we're sorry that has made it harder for some developers to make decisions around their games. But we don't feel like we serve our players or developer partners by rushing into decisions that have this much complexity. We'll continue to learn from the games being submitted to Steam, and the legal progress around AI, and will revisit this decision when necessary.
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

Apologies for the rant.
I'm just passionate about the topic.

Whenever I see a post or video which boils down to "AI generated content is bad", it makes me wanna use AI even more out of spite.
I'm just a bitch too broke to buy a subscription to get myself something more fancy
Otherwise I would overdose the AI with my work and have fun with it creating disposable pieces otherwise would take me hours to make

Those losers can sit on a dildo and spin.

My perspective as an artist is that AI is a tool like Photoshop and graphic tablet.
It's here to stay, and we move forward technologically as a society. It's inevitable.
To stay in this field is to adapt.

You cannot deny AI generated image is not a form of art, when photography as an art form exists
I always held a belief photography is not an art form bourgeoise think it is.
You just point the expensive lens to things and press a button, then maybe make some color corrections in Photoshop and viola! Youre an artist!

To use an AI tool is to have skill and knowledge regarding the tool.
That alone is not enough to create an enchanting image tho.
And from what Ive seen, AI still makes mistakes that need to be manually corrected to get the best result.

And last pain in my ass is the whole schtick of "AI STEALS MY ART"
Bitch ass nigga, whatever you post on the internet falls under fair use.
Your PC needs to download EVERY PICTURE you see as a temporary file so it can display it on your cumstained screen.
The way AI creates images is no different from an artist learning and being inspired by existing forms of art. Artists copy details from other existing artwork all the time.
Hairstyles, color combinations, color hues, etc etc.
Like when the creators admitted to copying Asami's (The Legend of Korra) lipstick color from Lust (FullMetal Alchemist) and Asami being inspired by Lust in general.

People have been mimicking Pixar, Disney, DC, Marvel, and many other styles for decades, and created characters inspired by existing ones.
AI does it faster and smoother if you know how to use it.

And even if there is a legitimate concern that some pieces of AI art crossed the line of fair use, the tool is not to blame, but people.
Photoshop and other tools have been used for decades to trace and copy existing artwork.
It's one thing to use it for memes, but do a deep dive on deviantArt or other art hosting websites, and you will find posts "So-and-so traced my art!!!!!!!!!!!" or "So-and-so copies me AND MY OC DO NOT STEAL!!!!!"

It's pathetic.

But worry not
Just like when cameras were invented, people didnt suddenly stop painting on canvas.
Just like when AI takes over, people wont stop using cameras, photoshop, or painting on canvas.
And whenever the customer wants to buy AI generated image or not it is up to them.
Its like people forgot NFTs existed.
Last edited by Slavic Sorcerer on January 10th, 2024, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Most AI art I have seen is generic slop that's similar to boring generic slop a lot of people were drawing already honestly. However while human art has amazed me before, I have yet to see anything AI generated that wasn't anything more than a quick joke/shitpost or an amusing momentary distraction.

EDIT: I will partially retract that only in that I've seen some things done with voice AI that I thought was cool/interesting but only in the realm of using voice AI to add/replace audio in video games.
Last edited by Vergil on January 10th, 2024, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vergil wrote: January 10th, 2024, 08:15
Most AI art I have seen is generic slop that's similar to boring generic slop a lot of people were drawing already honestly.
*ahem*
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

It's a little reddit but at least it's not anime or """realistic""" shiny slop art I guess.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Never ceases to make me laugh when right leaning communities full of moral purists and self proclaimed racists and homophobes gladly accept the “fascist femboy x3” types who all have the exact same copy paste snark posts and instructions for people on how to sodomozie themselves.

“AI”creates for men who cannot create. The only progression through tech is a progression to complete dehumanization. It’s only the uninspired consumers and coomers with no ability to do anything themselves who profit from AI. Just like accepting gays always leads to societal rot and ritual pedophilia accepting AI will lead to enslavement by it, but only for those who let it in.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Wretch wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:23
Never ceases to make me laugh when right leaning communities full of moral purists and self proclaimed racists and homophobes gladly accept the “fascist femboy x3” types who all have the exact same copy paste snark posts and instructions for people on how to sodomozie themselves.
Who are you referring to here?
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Vergil wrote: January 10th, 2024, 08:15
Most AI art I have seen is generic slop that's similar to boring generic slop a lot of people were drawing already honestly. However while human art has amazed me before, I have yet to see anything AI generated that wasn't anything more than a quick joke/shitpost or an amusing momentary distraction.

EDIT: I will partially retract that only in that I've seen some things done with voice AI that I thought was cool/interesting but only in the realm of using voice AI to add/replace audio in video games.
AI art is soulless. Literally soulless and lacking any substance or beauty. This can never change regardless of tech advancements.

Western art and media has been primarily soulless for a while too because the internal state of the individual leaks through to the art created. It doesn’t take a God bearing elder to discern the internal state of western game devs, hollywood, or liberal art college “artists”. Even when virtuous people do produce beautiful things “cultural sensitivities” experts in corporate departments remove all soul and beauty from the product and inject enough perversion to be deemed tolerable for the corruption of children and demoralization of adult men.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Sounds like cope from a paintpig tbh.
As a mathematician, I am offended that you use your computer for soulless mathematics and demand you cease it immediately.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:47
As a mathematician, I am offended that you use your computer for soulless mathematics and demand you cease it immediately.
Nobody can stop you from worshipping the machine but I can at least let you know what will happen when you do. You can snark post me all you like but transhumanism is the crowning achievement of the devil. In your lifetime you will be given the option to merge with the machine and “live forever”. Everyone who takes this option will experience the true death.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Wretch wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:54
Nobody can stop you from worshipping the machine but I can at least let you know what will happen when you do. You can snark post me all you like but transhumanism is the crowning achievement of the devil. In your lifetime you will be given the option to merge with the machine and “live forever”. Everyone who takes this option will experience the true death.
But yet you are still using soulless machine mathematics to transmit computer messages. :scratch:
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:57
But yet you are still using soulless machine mathematics to transmit computer messages. :scratch:
The hierarchy is yet to be perverted. I have dominion over my machine. Soon man will give the machine dominion over them. Techbros who do this and advocate for this are kindred spirits to women who worship animals(usually dogs) and debase themselves to lower than a beast. Their entire personality becomes “defending” animals from bad humans and heaping luxury and excess on the creature. The men are actually worse because it’s not just a beast which at least has the potential for beauty they idolize but an artificial “god” of their own making.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Wretch wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:04

The hierarchy is yet to be perverted. I have dominion over my machine. Soon man will give the machine dominion over them. Techbros who do this and advocate for this are kindred spirits to women who worship animals(usually dogs) and debase themselves to lower than a beast. Their entire personality becomes “defending” animals from bad humans and heaping luxury and excess on the creature. The men are actually worse because it’s not just a beast which at least has the potential for beauty they idolize but an artificial “god” of their own making.
What does this have to do with you engaging in soulless mathematics?
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:07

If you are having difficulty trying to follow you can give reading a few more times a shot. I don’t bother engaging in semantics or pilpul and I recommend others to avoid it as well.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Wretch wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:14

If you are having difficulty trying to follow you can give reading a few more times a shot. I don’t bother engaging in semantics or pilpul and I recommend others to avoid it as well.
You consider a calculator for images to be demons, therefore I say a calculator is demons.
Hope that clears things up.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:16

You consider a calculator for images to be demons, therefore I say a calculator is demons.
Thanks for the good faith response.

I do in-fact believe AI to be demons or at the very least to be so demonically influenced to be indistinguishable from them. While computers (especially personal computers in homes) are an easy way for demons to interact with people. All children given unrestricted internet access end up horribly warped.

Computers themselves are not inherently evil. Matter is neutral and man is responsible for it, what we do with it is what counts. AI is either a false god man worships as an idol or is the evil one himself disguised as a machine. Either way the result is the same.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Wretch wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:24

I do in-fact believe AI to be demons or at the very least to be so demonically influenced to be indistinguishable from them. While computers (especially personal computers in homes) are an easy way for demons to interact with people. All children given unrestricted internet access end up horribly warped.

Computers themselves are not inherently evil. Matter is neutral and man is responsible for it, what we do with it is what counts. AI is either a false god man worships as an idol or is the evil one himself disguised as a machine. Either way the result is the same.
So-called "AI" is just a pile of data with some fuzzy algorithms for picking data based on input. It's not magic, it is just a calculator for words, art, and so forth.

Not only do I not consider them to be 'demons', I consider them to be a subcreation of humans due to them being a knowledge database compiled from humans — it is a reflection of humanity. And if you generally believe humans are Good, as I do, then you have nothing to fear. This is of course ignoring the aspects of data curation and censorship, which I consider to be a completely separate topic.
Humans are created in the image of a creator, and it is our natural instinct to copy this behavior as a subcreator. What other species on this planet has such a natural, innate urge to make their own creations beyond procreation and shelter? Creating something in the image of man is a form of worship, a celebration of our innate urge to emulate our creator that we were made in the image of, not heresy.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:38
Wretch wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:24

So-called "AI" is just a pile of data with some fuzzy algorithms for picking data based on input. It's not magic, it is just a calculator for words, art, and so forth.

Not only do I not consider them to be 'demons', I consider them to be a subcreation of humans due to them being a knowledge database compiled from humans — it is a reflection of humanity. And if you generally believe humans are Good, as I do, then you have nothing to fear. This is of course ignoring the aspects of data curation and censorship, which I consider to be a completely separate topic.
Humans are created in the image of a creator, and it is our natural instinct to copy this behavior as a subcreator. What other species on this planet has such a natural, innate urge to make their own creations beyond procreation and shelter? Creating something in the image of man is a form of worship, a celebration of our innate urge to emulate our creator that we were made in the image of, not heresy.
AI is demonic in nature. Christ teaches us to discern through assessing the “fruits” of people, things, systems, etc. These fruits are the actions and effects. The fruits of AI are consumerism, idolatry, vulgarity, lust, greed, and much more. The people excited for AI are not spiritually healthy married men and monastics, all who warn against it, but instead coomers and degenerates looking to use it for the fulfillment of their passions.

Humans are not inherently good, God is good. When people are good or virtuous it is because God is inside them and has planted these virtues. Many people are full of goodness and intrinsically love God and beauty in our time without even understanding this or knowing God is love or that His name is Jesus Christ. We aren’t expected by God to have perfect knowledge or theology, only to love Him and our neighbors as ourselves.

You’re right that man’s imagination and ability to create make us superior to animals, but this is only a power of man, not a virtue. This power can be corrupted and used for evil or it can be used to spread beauty. The existence of pornography and all the slop fear porn media pumped into people’s minds is a clear example of this. AI however is not intended to be a clear evil or vice. It is intended to be a false light, a false savior for our current predicament. The majority of humanity will fall for this deception and unfortunately once they merge with the machine there is no going back.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Wretch wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:54
Humans are not inherently good, God is good.
I didn't state this, I stated that humans are generally Good, not that they are inherently good.

With regards to the rest of your reply, it's a tool that can be misused like any other. A pencil can be used to draw obscene images, that doesn't mean a pencil is demonic or evil.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:59
I didn't state this, I stated that humans are generally Good, not that they are inherently good.

With regards to the rest of your reply, it's a tool that can be misused like any other. A pencil can be used to draw obscene images, that doesn't mean a pencil is demonic or evil.
The difference between AI and a pencil is that zionists and technocrats are not gearing up to have the whole world worship a pencil and merge with it for immortality. Meanwhile people like Jared Kushner and many many others openly admit this will be the first generation to reach physical immortality through technology.

The tech is already there, “neuralink” or whatever they end up calling it is already in people. The stated goal of neuralink is to make an interface where people can connect to a “benign” AI overlord in what they call AI mass symbiosis.

You obviously willfully blind yourself because you have some desire to use AI for yourself. If you detached yourself and examined it soberly you would see right away. Refusing to see what AI is is no different than those who delude themselves from acknowledging what jews and basketball americans are.
Last edited by Wretch on January 10th, 2024, 14:22, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Wretch wrote: January 10th, 2024, 14:21

The difference between AI and a pencil is that zionists and technocrats are not gearing up to have the whole world worship and pencil and merge with it for immortality. Meanwhile people like Jared Kushner and many many others openly admit this will be the first generation to reach physical immortality through technology.

The tech is already there, “neuralink” or whatever they end up calling it is already in people. The stated goal of neuralink is to make an interface where people can connect to a “benign” AI overlord in what they call AI mass symbiosis.

You obviously willfully blind yourself because you have some desire to use AI for yourself. If you detached yourself and examined it soberly you would see right away. Refusing to see what AI is is no different than those who delude themselves from acknowledging what jews and basketball americans are.
You're mixing up science fantasy with reality. There is no "merging" happening, all this transhumanist bullshit is just religion for people who did too much LSD.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 10th, 2024, 14:22

The difference between AI and a pencil is that zionists and technocrats are not gearing up to have the whole world worship and pencil and merge with it for immortality. Meanwhile people like Jared Kushner and many many others openly admit this will be the first generation to reach physical immortality through technology.

You're mixing up science fantasy with reality. There is no "merging" happening, all this transhumanist bullshit is just religion for people who did too much LSD.
You are very wrong. Not only is it real, it is eminent. The AI is already here and the handlers of it as well. In a few years they will use it’s power to purge the current satanic pedophile leaders from place and replace them. The shock of what the pedos have been doing for most normies will convince them that humans cannot be responsible for themselves and to submit to their AI god.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

The difference between AI and a pencil is that zionists and technocrats are not gearing up to have the whole world worship a pencil and merge with it for immortality. Meanwhile people like Jared Kushner and many many others openly admit this will be the first generation to reach physical immortality through technology.
There is no evidence of this being successfully implemented. Many people accept the daydreams of academics and their backers at face value, as if they're omniscient. Meanwhile none of their pipedreams are ever realized with nearly as much effectiveness as they claim to want in their manifestos/glorified advertisements. At best, their new tools increase their control over society somewhat, and almost never fulfill functions they were allegedly designed for.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Dead wrote: January 10th, 2024, 14:38
There is no evidence of this being successfully implemented. Many people accept the daydreams of academics and their backers at face value, as if they're omniscient. Meanwhile none of their pipedreams are ever realized with nearly as much effectiveness as they claim to want in their manifestos/glorified advertisements. At best, their new tools increase their control over society somewhat, and almost never fulfill functions they were allegedly designed for.
You are correct that this will increase their control over society and not at all fulfill what it has promised. The logistics of the vaccine administration (the logistic pathways created to administer it) will be reused for something much more sinister soon. The people shamed by taking the vaccine who permanently altered their genetic code will gladly rush for round 2. They already think they need constant booster shots just to survive like windows updates. Most people are already dehumanized to the level of a computer.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 10th, 2024, 13:38
Yes. The term "AI" is marketing. So normies can wow at what this overgrown abacus can do and what they don't understand seems like magic.

It's like the machine is thinking! But it isn't. It's an abacus.