We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Project Quarm

For RPGs that require a persistently online connection.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

rusty_shackleford wrote: November 7th, 2023, 01:39
GhostCow wrote: November 7th, 2023, 01:22
I got an old friend from my high school days to play. I may take a break until he catches up since @rusty_shackleford and @Tweed have blackpilled the fuck out of me over the last two days.
wot did I do
You quit playing then rubbed your negativity all over me! Now the constant poopsocking of every camp is less tolerable.
Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

Mystere, a male player on the Brell Serilis server in EverQuest who roleplayed and posted both as the female dark elf "Mystere" and, less frequently, a male Iksar character "Vhasst", wrote a fan fiction story which depicted the rape of a dark elf girl of "barely 14 seasons". This story was posted under the name "Vhasst" on July 11, 2000 to third-party Brell Serilis server boards not affiliated with Verant or Sony.

At some point afterwards, an anonymous party contacted Verant complaining about Mystere's story. On October 4, 2000, Mystere was abruptly kicked out of EverQuest, and the story was soon after removed from the IGN message board where it was originally posted. Upon contacting Mystere, George Scotto, head of customer service, informed him that he had been banned. According to Mystere:

He told me that I had been banned for a very disturbing story I had written. I was further told that Sony 'didn't want my kind of people' playing their game. After attempting to defend myself by saying that it was a roleplay story only, and wasn't even posted on their boards, I was informed that the council had made their decision and it was immutable.
Glad this shit game got mogged by WoW tbh.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Goth-Girl-Supremacy wrote: November 7th, 2023, 02:29
Mystere, a male player on the Brell Serilis server in EverQuest who roleplayed and posted both as the female dark elf "Mystere" and, less frequently, a male Iksar character "Vhasst", wrote a fan fiction story which depicted the rape of a dark elf girl of "barely 14 seasons". This story was posted under the name "Vhasst" on July 11, 2000 to third-party Brell Serilis server boards not affiliated with Verant or Sony.

At some point afterwards, an anonymous party contacted Verant complaining about Mystere's story. On October 4, 2000, Mystere was abruptly kicked out of EverQuest, and the story was soon after removed from the IGN message board where it was originally posted. Upon contacting Mystere, George Scotto, head of customer service, informed him that he had been banned. According to Mystere:

He told me that I had been banned for a very disturbing story I had written. I was further told that Sony 'didn't want my kind of people' playing their game. After attempting to defend myself by saying that it was a roleplay story only, and wasn't even posted on their boards, I was informed that the council had made their decision and it was immutable.
Glad this shit game got mogged by WoW tbh.
I thought you were all about raping teenage girls?
Rand

Post by Rand »

rusty_shackleford wrote: October 24th, 2023, 16:09
I refuse to play a game that does not let me call every person I meet a nigger.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Secrets(lead dev) quit, was also(or someone was) giving away gear to their troon friends

Nobody could have predicted this
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I knew there was something weird going on. Server was filled with level 50s and twinks after three weeks.
Rand

Post by Rand »

GhostCow wrote: November 21st, 2023, 19:52
I knew there was something weird going on. Server was filled with level 50s and twinks after three weeks.
Twinks in multiple senses of the word, too...
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I just did some research into this now that I'm home from work and it sounds like Rusty fell for a meme.

Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

The only one getting meme'd is you.
Last edited by Tweed on November 22nd, 2023, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

I thought jokes were supposed to be funny
Rand

Post by Rand »

GhostCow wrote: November 21st, 2023, 22:58
I just did some research into this now that I'm home from work and it sounds like Rusty fell for a meme.

What is a CSR?
Last edited by Rand on November 22nd, 2023, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Rand wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 16:39
GhostCow wrote: November 21st, 2023, 22:58

What is a CSR?
Customer service representative
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

server admin troon posting photos of himself asking if he's good looking
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 5th, 2023, 12:49
server admin troon posting photos of himself asking if he's good looking
Looks like a dude