We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Degeneration of Language

Do you have a dumb political opinion? Do you want other people to know about your dumb political opinion? Look no further!
H-H-Holmes

Post by H-H-Holmes »

Decline wrote: October 21st, 2023, 15:04
rusty_shackleford wrote: October 20th, 2023, 19:41
WhiteShark wrote: October 20th, 2023, 19:40

No, this is exactly the problem GhostCow was talking about. The gay agenda has made it difficult for many to talk about and even think about brotherly love because they deliberately confuse it with eros.
Greeks were a bunch of homos who came up with a word to speak coyly about their willingness to fuck boys. English doesn't need another one of those fag words.
That the Greeks were fond child diddlers is just more globohomo propaganda. In reality if you diddled a child in ancient Greece you were hung from a tree, as is customary in such cases in civilized countries.
*hanged
I wouldn't normally be pedantic but the thread insisted.
Decline

Post by Decline »

H-H-Holmes wrote: October 21st, 2023, 15:40
Decline wrote: October 21st, 2023, 15:04
rusty_shackleford wrote: October 20th, 2023, 19:41

Greeks were a bunch of homos who came up with a word to speak coyly about their willingness to fuck boys. English doesn't need another one of those fag words.
That the Greeks were fond child diddlers is just more globohomo propaganda. In reality if you diddled a child in ancient Greece you were hung from a tree, as is customary in such cases in civilized countries.
*hanged
I wouldn't normally be pedantic but the thread insisted.
hung

simple past and past participle of hang (except when referring to the method of execution; there, hanged is used instead)
It's possible to argue that this exception to the rule is (part of the) degeneration.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Its hanged, as in I hanged 50 niggers.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

so a jiggaboo is getting fucked up the ass by a horse and he says "shiiiett I thought I was hanged" and the horse says "not yet you fucking nigger"
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

• The advancement of singular they
Now, don't get me wrong. There is literary evidence for singular they. However, what that site fails to note is that, aside from a couple edge cases, these are all sentences in which they has a highly indefinite antecedent: 'everybody', 'every man', 'each man', 'each', 'each one', etc. In other words, these are antecedents which are grammatically singular but semantically plural. Advocates of singular they gloss over this nuance in their rush to legitimize singular they even in cases in which its antecedent is highly definite and semantically singular. The most innocent consequences of unnecessary use of singular they are confusion and gratingly unnatural English, but of course, we all know that less-than-innocent aims tend to lurk behind such; suffice it to say that those pushing general, indiscriminate use of singular they are making a linguistic attack on human thought and human identity.
vofono7491

Post by vofono7491 »

I'm surprised this never dug into the (relatively) current rapid consumption of positive words (empathy, justice, discrimination, etc.). All of these used to mean something different and were absorbed. But the interesting thing is, none of them were replaced. We're developing fewer words for the positive traits in language.

...On a personal note: the why is answerable with my favourite joke.

The Inuit language has one hundred words for snow. They live in snow, their weather is snow, they build shelter out of snow. It consumes and pervades their life. Americans have 500 words for "idiot".
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

vofono7491 wrote: March 26th, 2024, 19:23
I'm surprised this never dug into the (relatively) current rapid consumption of positive words (empathy, justice, discrimination, etc.). All of these used to mean something different and were absorbed. But the interesting thing is, none of them were replaced. We're developing fewer words for the positive traits in language.
Would you explain further? I think I get what you're saying when it comes to discrimination, but I haven't noticed empathy or justice losing their meanings.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

"What it means to me" and the drive for participation trophy learning (ie everyone is a winner, nobody is wrong or loses as that would be hurtful) led to a serious amount of confusion over the years with people using definitions in a manner that suited them idiomatically. Then of course, there was the malicious uses driven to disrupt standards in meaningful communication.
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

rusty_shackleford wrote: October 20th, 2023, 20:14
ἵνα ὁ ἀγαπῶν τὸν Θεὸν ἀγαπᾷ καὶ τὸν ἀδελφὸν αὐτοῦ.
We finally have confirmation: Rusty is

vofono7491

Post by vofono7491 »

WhiteShark wrote: March 26th, 2024, 19:29
Would you explain further? I think I get what you're saying when it comes to discrimination, but I haven't noticed empathy or justice losing their meanings.
I'll try, but I tend to degrade pretty fast when trying to concrete things.

Empathy overlapped and replaced sympathy in the public meaning, then (or) it was used as a cudgel in the (now) standard "us vs them" system (to make the "us" (leftists in this case) look good to idiots (because people never read past the headlines, etc.)) and has been degraded away from it's original meaning.

Justice in our age is shifting to the definition of social justice. While the concept of "social justice" has been used as a political cudgel since at least 1941 (Lewis, Screwtape letters), it's only recently that different (loud) groups have achieved their own versions of justice, which is more important to them because it makes them feel special (and more important to their masters (not humans) because it keeps them loud).

Right, my head's foggy now. Good luck out there, be good.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@Dead brought to my attention the other day the rising popularity of using is in relative clauses beginning with who, regardless of whom who is representing. For example,

✖ I respect you, who is very intelligent.
✔ I respect you, who are very intelligent.

I'm not sure how widespread this phenomenon is since I don't encounter it regularly, so I'm mostly taking Dead's word for it. He claims that this wouldn't be corrected even in a formal essay for school these days. The correct conjugation is, of course, the same as it would be for the person who represents: if representing the speaker (I), then am; if the listener (you), then are, and so on.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

whiteshark bussin fr he ate and left no scraps
Element

Post by Element »

Hauberk wrote: March 26th, 2024, 19:38
rusty_shackleford wrote: October 20th, 2023, 20:14
ἵνα ὁ ἀγαπῶν τὸν Θεὸν ἀγαπᾷ καὶ τὸν ἀδελφὸν αὐτοῦ.
We finally have confirmation: Rusty is

He does like to defend Oblivion :scratch:
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

WhiteShark wrote: March 26th, 2024, 19:49
@Dead brought to my attention the other day the rising popularity of using is in relative clauses beginning with who, irregardless of whom who is representing. For example,
Fixed.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

The modern lingua franca is dominated by the two groups who speak it the worst. Niggers and the english.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

ayooooo y'all niggas ain't got shit on ebonics fr fr ong no cap i'm finna pop a cap in y'all folks right after a buss a nut in shawty NAWMSAYYIIIINNNN??!!
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Manny V wrote: March 28th, 2024, 03:25
ayooooo y'all niggas ain't got shit on ebonics fr fr ong no cap i'm finna pop a cap in y'all folks right after a buss a nut in shawty NAWMSAYYIIIINNNN??!!
Wat ting bro spouting blud?
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

WhiteShark wrote: April 16th, 2024, 17:11
I leave this here for your viewing displeasure without further comment:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... on_Z_slang
Bruh. That's a big yikes from me, blud.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Gatekeep
First used by social psychologist Kurt Lewin in 1943 with the Gate-keeping theory. Popularized on social media such as TikTok.
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

There is propaganda mixed in there, mainly the "origin".
But I have definitely seen some of that cancer used in youtube comments.
Also the notes:

surprised the list doesn't include cancer like "fire" and "lit" but I guess that is more recent, or they are scared that their voter base will burn themselves like this guy.
edit: nevermind actually it does contain "fire" and "lit", now my joke is ruined :sad:
Last edited by machnizedTerror on April 17th, 2024, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.