We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Mass Effect series.

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

I've never played ME which one should I play (I do not give a shit about playing the whole series so just tell me the best one)
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nammu Archag wrote: April 20th, 2024, 20:01
I've never played ME which one should I play (I do not give a shit about playing the whole series so just tell me the best one)
Mass Effect 1.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Vergil wrote: March 31st, 2024, 17:15
They're more likely to pull some other super deadly secret species who will destroy everything with vaguely defined super weapons than anything foreshadowed in a previous game.
Any group gaining influence over a couple of non-phaged Krogan leaders is a viable threat and better than another dragon invades the realm story.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

J1M wrote: April 20th, 2024, 22:15
Vergil wrote: March 31st, 2024, 17:15
They're more likely to pull some other super deadly secret species who will destroy everything with vaguely defined super weapons than anything foreshadowed in a previous game.
Any group gaining influence over a couple of non-phaged Krogan leaders is a viable threat and better than another dragon invades the realm story.
Curing the genophage being portrayed as anything but the 100% correct path goes against the writer's shitlib worldview so that's definitely out.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Vergil wrote: April 20th, 2024, 20:01
Mass Effect 1.
I've been tried playing it but it also has that kinda dialogue where I can't see what I'm going to say and it turns me off
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Anon wrote: April 20th, 2024, 23:23
Mass Effect 1.
I've been tried playing it but it also has that kinda dialogue where I can't see what I'm going to say and it turns me off
Try 3 where Shepard has entire conversations with 0 player input
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Yeah I fucked the blue alien and then shot her in the head. What of it?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Anon wrote: April 20th, 2024, 23:23
Mass Effect 1.
It's not as bad as later entries but if the dialog system is enough of a barrier to enjoy the story enough to put up with kind of archaic gameplay ME2 has better action gameplay and everything outside of the main plot is still decent.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Cool genophage fact: the genophage reduces the average amount of children a krogan woman has annually from 1000 to 1. Truly the greatest injustice anyone has ever faced.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 20th, 2024, 23:37
Cool genophage fact: the genophage reduces the average amount of children a krogan woman has annually from 1000 to 1. Truly the greatest injustice anyone has ever faced.
You have to understand krogan are basically space niggers so they probably discipline their kids with all sorts of ghetto lobster1 shenanigans that result in death.

1A baby who's been 'disciplined' with hot water (immersed in a pot of boiling water, for example) by someone with poor parenting skills attributed to an economically under-privileged upbringing.
Last edited by Vergil on April 20th, 2024, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

ME1 ...

and 2

and 3.

nigga, just play the whole series.

and remember to practice your destroying talents while playing. :read:

But if you are dead set to play just one game, go for me2. :pirate:
BobT

Post by BobT »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 20th, 2024, 07:59
Very cool that you can just come back to life after being obliterated for a few days/weeks/months if you spend a few billion space dollars and nobody has ever done it before
Don't forget the suffocation, compromised suit (while in space...) and brain death beforehand too lol..

I could maybe understand if the suit somehow properly preserved him and he was laid damaged and dying for a while and they essentially just "resuscitated" him, but fully dying from suffocation and a compromised suit WHILE in space, then burning up in the atmosphere and plummeting to earth in a suit that will 100% not be designed to deal with such temps and impact, and being DEAD for TWO YEARS, well... that's just silly.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Mass effect 1 has a lot of reused plots and characters from KOTOR when I think about it.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

ME aren't really stand-alone games. Playing just one game would be like watching just one season of a TV show.

Either play all 3, or skip the entire series.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

wndrbr wrote: April 21st, 2024, 05:50
ME aren't really stand-alone games. Playing just one game would be like watching just one season of a TV show.

Either play all 3, or skip the entire series.
To go with the TV analogy Id say it's more like the walking dead. After a golden first season behind the scenes drama, greed, and shuffling people around the series takes a steep decline after that point.