We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

YouTube's new anti-adblock

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Apparently going to brave://components/ and clicking the bootoons (it didn't even update anything) returns things to normal. Figure that one out.

-Humbaba
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Humbaba wrote: January 11th, 2024, 20:19
Apparently going to brave://components/ and clicking the bootoons (it didn't even update anything) returns things to normal. Figure that one out.

-Humbaba
I had the ad-block message today too. Usually I right click the video I want to watch and open in private browser until Brave gets around the new scripts. For some reason though, this time the ad-block message disappeared after a few hours without me updating anything. Peculiar.
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

I cleared my browser cache and it started working again on Brave.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Slavic Sorcerer wrote: January 11th, 2024, 20:03
As the EU citizen I fall under GDPR, and I have the right to decline collection of the data.
GDPR only allows you to deny consent to data collection for non-legitimate interest purposes. This technology neither collects any PII (it's a script that runs in your browser), nor is it for non-legitimate interest purposes (as in, it can be argued that it implements basic website functionality and is necessary, at least from google's point of view).
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

jcd wrote: January 11th, 2024, 21:15
Slavic Sorcerer wrote: January 11th, 2024, 20:03
As the EU citizen I fall under GDPR, and I have the right to decline collection of the data.
GDPR only allows you to deny consent to data collection for non-legitimate interest purposes. This technology neither collects any PII (it's a script that runs in your browser), nor is it for non-legitimate interest purposes (as in, it can be argued that it implements basic website functionality and is necessary, at least from google's point of view).
Apologies for confusion. I didnt go into details.
It's the additional data that I have issues with

GDPR legally limits what data can be collected for certain purposes, and also the consent part must explicitly say what this data is for.
Of course to run a website like YT e.g. what country youre accessing the website from, since each country has its own regulations, and I'm okay with that.
It is understandable and legit reason.

In my google settings, I can opt out of (or rather agree to) show personalized ads based on my activity, history of locations I've been to, YT history, search results based on my account info, and more.
This is the bunch of data I dont see a legitimate reason to collect.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Slavic Sorcerer on January 11th, 2024, 22:50, edited 2 times in total.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Slavic Sorcerer wrote: January 11th, 2024, 22:45
In my google settings, I can opt out of (or rather agree to) show personalized ads based on my activity, history of locations I've been to, YT history, search results based on my account info, and more.
This typically falls under the umbrella of fraud prevention and preserving the security of IT systems. Note that this is just a script that checks if certain elements have loaded, so it doesn't really collect anything.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

I wonder how many engineers at YouTube are working on this one feature.
Slavic Sorcerer

jcd wrote: January 11th, 2024, 22:53
This typically falls under the umbrella of fraud prevention and preserving the security of IT systems. Note that this is just a script that checks if certain elements have loaded, so it doesn't really collect anything.
I didnt know that tbh
Thanks for clarifying. I'd be none the wiser
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Not sure if this would work for others, but I'm 75% sure that the code nigger they put in charge of implementing this is most likely incompetent and probably a diversity hire, as for months now all I do is turn adblock on, refresh the page, and boom it works perfectly fine.
Slavic Sorcerer

Nammu Archag wrote: January 11th, 2024, 23:09
Not sure if this would work for others, but I'm 75% sure that the code nigger they put in charge of implementing this is most likely incompetent and probably a diversity hire, as for months now all I do is turn adblock on, refresh the page, and boom it works perfectly fine.
It starts that way for some reason
When this adblock fiasco dropped, it took months to get me to the stage youre currently at, while others reported theyr playback not working
Couple of weeks later YT had of my refreshing bullshit and I had to use Tampermonkey and follow UBO's cat-and-mouse game with YT

My bf, on the other hand, wasnt affected for a very long time, until December came and he was at the deep end from the beginning. He didnt have the "refreshing works" phase
Last edited by Slavic Sorcerer on January 12th, 2024, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

After all these months I still haven't seen the anti-adblock message even once. I'm speshul.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: January 12th, 2024, 17:32
After all these months I still haven't seen the anti-adblock message even once. I'm speshul.
It only shows up if you're logged in and are unlucky enough to be in that slim window of time where uBlock hasn't updated its filters yet.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

GDPR legally limits what data can be collected for certain purposes, and also the consent part must explicitly say what this data is for.
Of course to run a website like YT e.g. what country youre accessing the website from, since each country has its own regulations, and I'm okay with that.
It is understandable and legit reason.
I've heard Google has been dinged and fined repeatedly, so I'm not sure you should be using Google as a good example of what to emulate in this regard.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: January 12th, 2024, 17:32
A B TESTING!!!!!11
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

You will watch the ads and you will be happy

(at least invidious still works)
Anon

Post by Anon »

Revanced still works like a charm as well. You do need to update it quarterly because youtube occasionally decide to crack down on them.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I'm glad they're finally cracking on one ad-block. I'm patiently waiting for them to get through the other 4 I have. *thumbs up* :heart:
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

I still use youtube through brave, and also freetube, and haven't had any issues in quite some time.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I'll be grateful when they do the full adblock crackdown on youtube because it'll be one less platform for me to sink uncountable hours in.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

I'm using AdNauseam with strict blocking on. I've been using it for a year, and not a single YouTube ad has broken through. I'm more likely to pull a Nasim than watch ads.
Last edited by logincrash on April 17th, 2024, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

I'm not seeing any ads but regardless of that, jewtube can go die in a virtual troonniggerkike dug ditch. the sooner the better.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Breathe wrote: April 17th, 2024, 15:34
I still use youtube through brave, and also freetube, and haven't had any issues in quite some time.
Same, I use youtube with brave (not freetube) and have zero issues.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Never experienced any issue with adblock plus or ublock origin.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Not relevant, but just thought i'd plop these badboys here:

Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Not a problem for us, but still immensely jewish

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The massive majority of storage used by youtube is for videos nobody watches. I don't mean videos with a few thousand or hundreds of views — I mean endless accounts with hundreds if not thousands of randomly(and now AI) generated videos with less than 10 views. They allow essentially unlimited storage.
They pass this cost onto the user instead of doing something about blatantly obvious abusive behavior.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

i have heared jewtube always had run at loss. purpose to establish platform dominance like they usually do.

problem is jewish credit/fiat ponzi getting stretched and they are no longer on unlimited grease, they need to now look to reduce cost.
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

I haven't really seen any ads in a long time. Ublock origin normally does the trick.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by machnizedTerror on April 29th, 2024, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 26th, 2024, 20:58
The massive majority of storage used by youtube is for videos nobody watches. I don't mean videos with a few thousand or hundreds of views — I mean endless accounts with hundreds if not thousands of randomly(and now AI) generated videos with less than 10 views. They allow essentially unlimited storage.
They pass this cost onto the user instead of doing something about blatantly obvious abusive behavior.
Youtube reserves the rights to delete videos at will, for any reason. It is their conscious decision to lose money.

Besides. The NSA definitely covers the losses. Youtube is probably the biggest honeypot ever.