We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

YouTube's new anti-adblock

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Slavic Sorcerer wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 19:23

So far so good. The vids are playing without a delay, ublock works, tampermonkey too
The only issue I may have is when I turn the Opera-build-in adblocker. Everything goes haywire sometimes when I do that

Youtube can get in queue and kiss my ass

Beware of actors spewing shit like this and reject this gaslighting attempt. While I understand the sentiment, once you publish something on the internet - even with a paywall - you'd should know there will be people who will manage to get it for free
Also, it's not piracy if a purchase won't make it mine anyway.
Holy shit just when I think I couldn't possibly despise Linus TechTips more... he goes and says something like this.

"Piracy" is _extremely important_ and is literally the *only* reason we're even capable of playing old games, and reading old books. The only reason we can play Wizardry on DOSBox with ease is because of pirates and the archiving and preservation of media that only piracy allows. All preservation of media is rooted in piracy because it is not in the interests of the corporations to preserve it themselves.
Last edited by aweigh on November 24th, 2023, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

aweigh wrote: November 24th, 2023, 03:13
Slavic Sorcerer wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 19:23

So far so good. The vids are playing without a delay, ublock works, tampermonkey too
The only issue I may have is when I turn the Opera-build-in adblocker. Everything goes haywire sometimes when I do that

Youtube can get in queue and kiss my ass

Beware of actors spewing shit like this and reject this gaslighting attempt. While I understand the sentiment, once you publish something on the internet - even with a paywall - you'd should know there will be people who will manage to get it for free
Also, it's not piracy if a purchase won't make it mine anyway.
Holy shit just when I think I couldn't possibly despise Linus TechTips more... he goes and says something like this.

"Piracy" is _extremely important_ and is literally the *only* reason we're even capable of playing old games, and reading old books. The only reason we can play Wizardry on DOSBox with ease is because of pirates and the archiving and preservation of media that only piracy allows. All preservation of media is rooted in piracy because it is not in the interests of the corporations to preserve it themselves.
Not a subtle, discriminating, nuanced take. But also not wrong.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

"Tivo from the 00s is piracy" -- Linus Tech Tips

(This was a digital video recorder that could automatically remove ads from your recorded television programs. Apparently it's still around)
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

When I read a newspaper I don't get a deep urge to cut out all the ads because they're so obnoxious, annoying, spying and worthless.

On the internet however... so the problem is self-inflicted, so fuck them.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

>Cover your eyes while driving on the motorway
>Ads not watched, crime committed
>Die for driving blind anyway
Last edited by Segata on November 24th, 2023, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

I can't wait until the dumb-dumbs start installing neuralinks in their craniums en masse. Imagine having an ad play every 20 minutes and there's no way to turn them off or skip them.
For all the predictions of the dystopian future, the reality always turns out to be way more banal. Hehe, banal. Get it? b-anal?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Maybe instead of ads he could just ask for money directly from people that like his work/content?

Oh right, nobody likes him anymore.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Money. The green gold. The sweet cheese. The pasta, the Benjamins. The Bacon, the beans. Gimmie som Big Ones, some Bones. Some Bills.

Let's see the Bread, the Bucks — and perhaps a C-note or two.
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

Sweeper wrote: November 24th, 2023, 12:34
I can't wait until the dumb-dumbs start installing neuralinks in their craniums en masse. Imagine having an ad play every 20 minutes and there's no way to turn them off or skip them.
For all the predictions of the dystopian future, the reality always turns out to be way more banal. Hehe, banal. Get it? b-anal?
I don't care how useful it will/would be
I ain't putting neural chips in my brain
Slavic Sorcerer

If you notice that you dont get upload notifications, just clear and update uBlock Origin
Works like a charm

So far this aspect wasnt affected
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Slavic Sorcerer wrote: November 24th, 2023, 17:29
They've apparently killed all of the monkeys they've tried it on. Looking good to go for humans!
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Breathe wrote: December 6th, 2023, 21:16
They've apparently killed all of the monkeys they've tried it on. Looking good to go for humans!
This is actually MSM fake news.. The only monkey's they've tried it on (at that time) were terminal.
In their initial tests they only wanted to use monkeys that were gonna die anyways as test subjects.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna sign up to be tracked by globo or anything but this was pure smeer headlines.
Last edited by Shillitron on December 6th, 2023, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

to manually update filters in brave, go to brave://components/
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Shillitron wrote: December 6th, 2023, 21:20
Breathe wrote: December 6th, 2023, 21:16
This is actually MSM fake news.. The only monkey's they've tried it on (at that time) were terminal.
In their initial tests they only wanted to use monkeys that were gonna die anyways as test subjects.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna sign up to be tracked by globo or anything but this was pure smeer headlines.
Interesting. I haven't followed it at all. Never going to implant anything regardless.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I just got my first "You seem to be using an adblock" message today, you told me Brave was perfect, you lied.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Tweed wrote: December 7th, 2023, 00:58
I just got my first "You seem to be using an adblock" message today, you told me Brave was perfect, you lied.
Reminder that rusty has very rare bad takes. @GhostCow
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

I went into ublock dashboard and purged all the caches, seemed to work.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

There is also Freetube for desktop users. https://freetubeapp.io/
If you get tired of constantly being annoyed by youtube nagging about adblockers, you can import your subscribtions and dont need an account also works without an installation, its free and youtube doesnt get your data either its also compatible with sponsorblock and has no ads. I kinda started using it a month ago. Only downsite is if you want to comment/upvote you will have to visit youtube again to do that but at least the adblock detection usually only starts if you start the video and not only comment or upvote.
Last edited by Vaako on December 7th, 2023, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Vaako wrote: December 7th, 2023, 04:24
This is the way, kids.
Rand

Post by Rand »

If it becomes necessary, go into settings and purge all YT data and cookies. That will fix things at least for a while.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

If you get tired of constantly being annoyed by youtube nagging about adblockers, you can import your subscribtions and dont need an account also works without an installation, its free and youtube doesnt get your data either its also compatible with sponsorblock and has no ads. I kinda started using it a month ago. Only downsite is if you want to comment/upvote you will have to visit youtube again to do that but at least the adblock detection usually only starts if you start the video and not only comment or upvote.
Not seeing how to use it without an install.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

Breathe wrote: December 7th, 2023, 21:48
Not seeing how to use it without an install.
maybe I remembered it wrong, I only looked in programms which are installed and there was no entry. But if you start the setup it only really creates one folder with all the files in it and you can put it where you want. So file structure doesnt matter and I havent found any other folders from it appdata or document folders where most apps usually put some things, at least when I searched freetube.
Last edited by Vaako on December 8th, 2023, 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Slavic Sorcerer wrote: November 24th, 2023, 17:29
there will be no reason for that

i need to make vaccine thread but let me just say that. nanites will reprogram brain in a way host will think imprinted thoughts are his own, even without direct brain implant, with nanites only. beside vax most surface/rain water is contaminated but nanite density mut reach certain level to be effective

hey, maybe u are not a fag, its the nanites that told u to be one?
Red7

Post by Red7 »

btw using private mode also works, but adblockers seem to develop to avoid detection so u may check if it works currently even if it didnt previously
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Jewtube's blocking shit again.

Wat do?

-Humbaba
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Humbaba wrote: January 11th, 2024, 19:44
Jewtube's blocking shit again.

Wat do?

-Humbaba
download freetube beta
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Opera’s built in adblock has yet to fail me.
Slavic Sorcerer

Check this site for UBlockOrigin status
https://drhyperion451.github.io/does-uBO-bypass-yt/

YouJew updated their script recently after coming back from holidays.

This time, for me, my playlist of favorite videos became full of unavailable vids.
The vids themselves exist and are accessible with a direct link or when watched on Discord. I just cant play them from a playlist.

Purging cashes didnt work for the playlist.

I started making a backup of my subbed channels on my second and third account.
There are several YTbers I listen to daily.

I suspect YT, sooner or later, will ban users using adblock. YT is not known for making good decisions, and this whole tug of war is one of them.
Every giant will fall sooner or later if it starts behaving erratically.
Rand wrote: December 7th, 2023, 20:07
If it becomes necessary, go into settings and purge all YT data and cookies. That will fix things at least for a while.
I disallowed collection of cookies a while back.
As the EU citizen I fall under GDPR, and I have the right to decline collection of the data.
► Show Spoiler
Downside is they wont recommend me videos.