We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Embers Adrift

For RPGs that require a persistently online connection.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Embers Adrift

Post by rusty_shackleford »

DO NOT BUY IT
It's free for a month starting October 13th.

Embers Adrift, a "retro-style"(think Everquest, I suppose) MMORPG will be celebrating its 1 year anniversary with a free month starting tomorrow(Oct 13th), the game itself is buy2play.

https://www.embersadrift.com/
https://forums.embersadrift.com/index.p ... -5th.4169/

Anyone interested in playing?
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on October 12th, 2023, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
H-H-Holmes

Post by H-H-Holmes »

I would've been but you didn't @ me
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I'll check it out after work
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

I'm not falling for that again, I dumped 60 hours into valheim and you fuckers disappeared
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Boontaker wrote: October 12th, 2023, 14:25
I'm not falling for that again, I dumped 60 hours into valheim and you fuckers disappeared
I played it for less than an hour and got bored, sorry, don't really like survival-crafters.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I tried, but nobody played.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

What Rusty said unfortunately. I had fun dicking around with you the first day, but survival crafters just leave me dead for some reason. I've tried ARK, Minecraft, Terraria... none of them could keep my attn for longer than a couple hours.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

I played conan exiles and it killed my interest in any of the others, they're all so similar that it's like playing the exact same game again.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

I'd give embers a try (because free), but there are probably better free MMOs we could try out as a group
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

might take a look, as long as I don't need to download some rootkit to play
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Could give it a try if you want asf.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

rusty_shackleford wrote: October 12th, 2023, 14:27
I played it for less than an hour and got bored, sorry, don't really like survival-crafters.
I've been meaning to try Valheim again at some point, but you are right about the survival crafting aspects. The release version of the game lacked enough of a world for me, although I know people were modding it quit a bit. Like I saw somebody added treasure chests and other shit a while back. If the right mod comes around to "fix" the game, I might give it a go again.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

No one bought me a copy of Valheim so I couldn't play it.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I checked this out and the classes on offer are kind of disappointing. What happened to games having nice crowd control classes? Anyway, this looks like shit, but I'm 100% down to play with other HQers. What are we going to use for voice chat?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Tweed wrote: October 13th, 2023, 00:04
No one bought me a copy of Valheim so I couldn't play it.
Nigger.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

If you're going to shill this Rusty, at least post this video of a Soyjak shilling it too!.
Last edited by KnightoftheWind on October 13th, 2023, 03:36, edited 1 time in total.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Kalarion wrote: October 12th, 2023, 16:22
What Rusty said unfortunately. I had fun dicking around with you the first day, but survival crafters just leave me dead for some reason. I've tried ARK, Minecraft, Terraria... none of them could keep my attn for longer than a couple hours.
this genre should be called Games That Make You Aware Your Time On Earth Is Limited-likes
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Looks like absolute shit. Gameplay is ass and im not looking forward to mining stones for hours to make an item with higher numbers than the one my character holds. Im way past this shit.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Lhynn wrote: October 13th, 2023, 04:32
Looks like absolute shit. Gameplay is ass and im not looking forward to mining stones for hours to make an item with higher numbers than the one my character holds. Im way past this shit.
See you ingame.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Is it 1 mega server? Are there guilds? In game friends list? Should those of us who plan to play post our character names?
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Are there bears to fuck?
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

I registered to the forum, just waiting until noon to see if they put their money where their mouth is.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Someone who isn't me needs to set up a time and date for us to play. I'm free by 5pm central today, maybe earlier depending on work. Also free all weekend.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

Is this thing worth playing, looks like some grindfest. I also went to that forum, and it has 'people' like this: