What is being worked on?

Got a complaint or a suggestion? Also used for general information about the site.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Excluding me being called into EverQuest again, I'll probably finish up one or two things on The List in December. Think I'll tackle dice rolling, seems fun. Also want to work on
ModHQ multi-file support for mod pages.
Which will include previous files.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

@orinEsque since you have the most popular mod thread(s), do you have any feedback for improvements?
I was probably going to look into how phpbb handles their extension database entries(see e.g., https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ewest_user for an example) and copy from that.

probably have the tab layout something like this:

Just spitballing atm tho
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on December 8th, 2023, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Fixed multi-quoting issue where the 'clear' button didn't work, cookie issue.
Adjusted multi-quoting theme to make it consistent with default forum theme.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on December 8th, 2023, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 8th, 2023, 18:29
@orinEsque since you have the most popular mod thread(s), do you have any feedback for improvements?
I was probably going to look into how phpbb handles their extension database entries(see e.g., https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ewest_user for an example) and copy from that.

probably have the tab layout something like this:

Just spitballing atm tho
This is the kind of thing I was thinking about. I would rename "Bug Reports" to Bug Reports/Support.
Definitely need something like this right now!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

• Hopefully less emails get sent to spam now.
  • Lots of security improvements I probably shouldn't elaborate on.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

did a complete rewrite of the quote collapse extension, fully expecting there to be a few bugs
the way the extension handled it(dynamically after loading via js) was messy and looked awful when loading pages, been on my todo for a while
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 10th, 2023, 18:59
did a complete rewrite of the quote collapse extension, fully expecting there to be a few bugs
the way the extension handled it(dynamically after loading via js) was messy and looked awful when loading pages, been on my todo for a while
Cool.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

We need a feature that lets me updoot my own posts.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Minor bug with nested quotes, fixing it
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 10th, 2023, 19:32
Minor bug with nested quotes, fixing it
Should be fixed, let me know if you guys encounter any other issues and enjoy the reduced jank.

[Edit]
A couple more fixes for it.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on December 10th, 2023, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

rusty_shackleford wrote: October 5th, 2023, 00:09
Vault direct URL upload.
And another one crossed off.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on December 13th, 2023, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Long-term goal is for Vault content to be encrypted at rest and decrypted on-demand. Current infrastructure does not easily allow this. Will likely shift to using my own makeshift CDN at some point to control distribution of content which would make this much easier.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Alert users when a moderator/admin alters their post.
WIP, edit messages now show up but no notification.
Adding this so I don't forget, it was requested by @Nemesis a while back and it's actually done iirc, I just rolled it out halfways to make sure nothing broke before rolling out the notification part.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Alert users when a moderator/admin alters their post.

WIP, edit messages now show up but no notification.
Add also notifications when a janny moves/splits their posts/threads. Maybe this falls under the concept of "alteration" but, mentioning it just in case you were only working on edit notifications.
Last edited by Segata on January 21st, 2024, 20:57, edited 2 times in total.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Regarding notifications, it would be nice if they were considered 'read' if I have visited the page they took place on instead of having to click each one.
Anon

Post by Anon »

They should be considered "read" once you clicked the notifications button, or at least have a convenient "mark all as read" button that's typical everywhere else
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Anon wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 19:37
or at least have a convenient "mark all as read" button that's typical everywhere else
Good news!
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

@rusty_shackleford

Had this idea, that if you use a third party payment processor, then RPGHQ could become a storefront for games banned off of steam. It could be a special board that devs post games to, or a unique webpage specifically for browsing the storefront. When bought, the games could be yours on your account, and you could then download the installer any time you want.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Since this is something you are working on rn, thought i'd report this here: the alignment on the table body is off:

Normally both the header and elements below should have same alignment. Looks like it broke when you changed the table format. All the body elements are perma left aligned.

Note: headers are all centred, despite me specifiying that the should be Left, centre, centre, centre, right
And body is all left aligned.
Last edited by orinEsque on February 22nd, 2024, 05:43, edited 4 times in total.