We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Christianity won't survive wokeness

Surely this will be a civilized forum
Decline

Post by Decline »

SoLong wrote: December 8th, 2023, 20:11
I remember when the question "Is the pope catholic?" didn't require a philosophical debate to answer.
Yeah, that phrase now stands for extreme uncertainty in uncertain times instead of certainty.
But honestly it always was this way since A.D. 325, when the pozz started to glow really hard.

If you don't denounce everything from 325 onward you are not a real christian and never were.
Last edited by Decline on December 8th, 2023, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

KnightoftheWind wrote: October 5th, 2023, 04:01
maidenhaver wrote: October 4th, 2023, 22:21
I don't like protestantism, because I don't like it's (((bibles))). I don't like catholicism, because its alien. I don't like orthodoxy, because its alien. My father and his father's father weren't buried with it. They're strangers' religions. Converting on believism is something a pagan would do. Give me a catholic or orthodox wife, and I will be converted through marriage.
The Orthodox Church is universal, you do not have to be "born into it" or "married into it" or be a part of this culture or that culture. You simply have to decide that you are willing to start the process of conversion and walk that path. If you know and understand that something is lacking from modern, western churches, that they are sliding headfirst into degeneracy, you owe it to yourself to seek Orthodoxy. Even in this age of absolute moral decay, It is the original Church that continues to stand tall and has not fallen into corruption, and it continues to grow in the west as more english-speaking churches are being founded. It is no longer the case that Orthodox churches are mainly for Russians, Greeks or Ukrainians, but are now being seen by the Anglo populace as was originally the case prior to the schism. As for the Catholics, they believe in papal supremacy, and so they were really doomed from the start as soon as the schism occurred in 1056. The Pope is moving into this direction of enabling sodomy, openly, within the Catholic Church, and there is nothing the traditionally-minded Catholics can do. They risk always being on the fringe and coping eternally, hoping that the Pope will change his mind or be replaced by a proper successor. But that is unlikely to ever happen.

The Catholic Church allies itself with the WEF, and I believe one of Francis' mentors is a close associate of Klaus Schwab. The devil is using the Catholic Church like he does all these other organizations, operated by his servants. So if you are serious about your faith, as I hope you are, you should listen to this advice and at least make the effort of looking into it. Not dismiss it out of hand because of a misconceived idea.
I'm not a Christian but I have no idea how anyone is Christian wouldn't want to be orthodox. If I was going to convert it would be orthodox or nothing, I wouldn't even go near a non orthodox church. Just go into one and you can just feel it's the true Christianity.
Again, I have no argument except muh feels because I'm not Christian.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Nooneatall wrote: December 8th, 2023, 22:31
I'm not a Christian but I have no idea how anyone is Christian wouldn't want to be orthodox.
Because these so-called orthodox are not orthodox enough.

Ante-nicean christianity is the true belief
The second and third centuries saw a sharp divorce of Christianity from its early roots. There was an explicit rejection of then-modern Judaism and Jewish culture by the end of the second century, with a growing body of adversus Judaeos literature. Fourth- and fifth-century Christianity experienced pressure from the government of the Roman Empire and developed strong episcopal and unifying structure. The ante-Nicene period was without such authority and was more diverse. Many variations in this era defy neat categorizations, as various forms of Christianity interacted in a complex fashion.
Just a bunch of free thinkers joined by their belief in god and their hate of jews.
Last edited by Decline on December 8th, 2023, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

east-west schism was caused by eastern barbarians massacring tens of thousands of western Christians in Constantinople followed by centuries of eastern history rewriting to the point where orthodox aren't even taught about the event anymore and think the schism was over unleavened bread.
They also never apologized for it, unlike far lesser events Catholicism has apologized to Orthodox for, btw.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 8th, 2023, 22:36
followed by centuries of eastern history rewriting
https://orthodoxwiki.org/index.php?sear ... the latins

lol
lmao
It's not even on their Catholic/Orthodox timeline page:
https://orthodoxwiki.org/Timeline_of_Or ... _relations
1180 Last formal reception of Latins to communion at an Orthodox altar, in Antioch.
1182 Maronites (formerly Monothelite heretics) submit to Rome.
1187 Saladin retakes Jerusalem after destroying crusader army at Battle of Hattin, and returns Christian holy places to the Orthodox Church.
we dindu nuffin!
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

My Christian ranking as a non-Christian:
1. Orthodox
Pros
1. Cool looking churches
2. Icons are cool
3. Incense
4. Cool songs
5. Priests are based

Cons
1. Larpers
2. Slavonic masses

2. Catholic
Pros
1. Some churches are okay
2. Latin masses

Cons
1. Priests are all gay and effeminate because no marriage
2. Pedophilia
3. Non-Latin masses
4. Virgin Mary worship

3. Protestant
Pros
1. Some churches are okay

Cons
1. Extremely anti-christian for the most part
2. Usually non-act based theology (everyone goes to heaven if they believe, even if they killed everyone around them and ate their flesh)
3. Women priests
4. Embraces sin and spreads it
5. Responsible for weakening Christianity in Europe

4. Weird fake Christians (Mormons, Jehovahs witness)
Pros
1. Mormons look trad and stuff

Cons
1. Annoying door to door salesmen
2. Fake beliefs that don't make sense
3. Weird cult-like behavior
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 8th, 2023, 22:36
east-west schism was caused by eastern barbarians massacring tens of thousands of western Christians in Constantinople followed by centuries of eastern history rewriting to the point where orthodox aren't even taught about the event anymore and think the schism was over unleavened bread.
They also never apologized for it, unlike far lesser events Catholicism has apologized to Orthodox for, btw.
What on Earth are you talking about? The schism was already formalized more than a century before that and, theologically, it was over the filioque. The massacre of the Latins was a truly regrettable event but to say that it was the cause for the schism is a bald-faced lie. Here's the actual political background for the schism instead of your weird anachronistic cope:
► Show Spoiler
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: December 9th, 2023, 00:05
The schism was already formalized more than a century before that
noooooope
The Orthodox Church, Timothy(Kallistos) Ware, 1963 wrote:
Even after 1054 friendly relations between East and West continued. The two parts of Christendom were not yet conscious of a great gulf of separation between them. ... The dispute remained something of which ordinary Christians in East and West were largely unaware. It was the crusades that made the schism definitive.
Both sides fully expected a reconciliation prior to the massacre. Again, orthodox aren't taught this. Even Kallistos fails to acknowledge the role the massacre had in the events, just laying the blame at the feet of the "crusades", when those followed the massacre, not a pretext. Indeed, he goes on to completely ignore the massacre and jumps right to 1204, as expected.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on December 9th, 2023, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

The schism is fundamentally theological and ecclesiological. The massacre and the crusades may have been what made the split apparent to the laypeople of the time, but Rome was in schism from the moment it decided that the Pope could unilaterally override councils. Even your quote says that they were 'not yet conscious' of the schism, not that it wasn't there.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: December 9th, 2023, 00:19
The schism is fundamentally theological and ecclesiological. The massacre and the crusades may have been what made the split apparent to the laypeople of the time, but Rome was in schism from the moment it decided that the Pope could unilaterally override councils. Even your quote says that they were 'not yet conscious' of the schism, not that it wasn't there.
Without the massacre and the ensuing events caused by, the schism would have likely healed, it wasn't the first or the last time the church has had a schism.
Who, after all, speaks for the Acacians today?
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

It is pretty clear that the church has been infiltrated and is a tool of satan nowadays, just another tentacle.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 9th, 2023, 00:20
Without the massacre and the ensuing events caused by, the schism would have likely healed, it wasn't the first or the last time the church has had a schism.
Perhaps, but what you said is that the massacre caused the schism, not that it made reconciliation afterwards difficult, and this is false. Rome caused the schism when it altered the Creed in violation of the councils and in contradiction to the judgements of its own prior popes.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: December 9th, 2023, 01:01
rusty_shackleford wrote: December 9th, 2023, 00:20
Perhaps, but what you said is that the massacre caused the schism, not that it made reconciliation afterwards difficult, and this is false. Rome caused the schism when it altered the Creed in violation of the councils and in contradiction to the judgements of its own prior popes.
The massacre caused the schism and the orthodox refuse to acknowledge it even happened.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 9th, 2023, 01:04
The massacre caused the schism and the orthodox refuse to acknowledge it even happened.
Incoherent nonsense. Schism is a fundamentally theological issue. Massacres can sour political relations but they don't cause schisms. If Rome hadn't already been in schism, massacre certainly wouldn't have caused one.
Decline

Post by Decline »

The so-called schism and the debate surrounding it is just a diversion from the real issues that plague the church(es).
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Decline wrote: December 9th, 2023, 01:15
The so-called schism and the debate surrounding it is just a diversion from the real issues that plague the church(es).
Faggotry and pedophilia?
Decline

Post by Decline »

Lhynn wrote: December 9th, 2023, 01:32
Faggotry and pedophilia?
All sexual relations - regardless of the details - are a barrier stopping you from a closer relationship with God.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 8th, 2023, 22:38
1187 Saladin retakes Jerusalem after destroying crusader army at Battle of Hattin, and returns Christian holy places to the Orthodox Church.
Based Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub. westerner go home!
Decline wrote: December 8th, 2023, 22:11
Yeah, that phrase now stands for extreme uncertainty in uncertain times instead of certainty.
But honestly it always was this way since A.D. 325, when the pozz started to glow really hard.

If you don't denounce everything from 325 onward you are not a real christian and never were.
I honestly can't even tell when people are baiting anymore, but on the off-chance that you're being unironic with this, to call all the holy fathers and saints the Church has produced since 325 unchristian because they follow the Nicene Creed speaks to a mindboggling level of arrogance. Go to confession, speak with a priest, you're unironically possessed by demons.
Last edited by Sweeper on December 9th, 2023, 05:20, edited 1 time in total.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Breathe wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 01:25
This pope is a servant to satan's children.

(inside the Vatican if someone didn't already know)
Now while its in bad taste for a Pope, that is a very cool looking amphitheater and would be the most radical assembly room if you were in fact a serpent worship cult. Its a shame they couldn't just build that in a huge Pentecostal compound somewhere in the American South, and instead the current faggot infested papacy has to build it while it being entirely heretical.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Its ugly but the idea of it, souls rising out of the mouth of a snake, is biblical.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Sweeper wrote: December 9th, 2023, 05:15
I honestly can't even tell when people are baiting anymore, but on the off-chance that you're being unironic with this, to call all the holy fathers and saints the Church has produced since 325 unchristian because they follow the Nicene Creed speaks to a mindboggling level of arrogance. Go to confession, speak with a priest, you're unironically possessed by demons.
I am not saying the Saints were necessarily insincere (who am I to judge anyway) or that individual Christians did not produce anything of value since 325. I am saying the Church's dogmas are. You can't rely on the Church to tell you what is Heresy and what isn't, only your personal communication with God can. You can claim that is arrogance, but fact of the matter is that since the Nicene Creed the Church has been systematically used to suppress spirituality.
Last edited by Decline on December 9th, 2023, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Denomination wars are stupid. I don’t understand how people can just pick a denomination and then proceed to blindly support it and fight against all others like it’s their favorite sports team. We’re supposed to live our faith not externally decorate ourselves with it. That being said I don’t understand how anyone can take western Christianity seriously at all. I know there are outliers who are full of a simple faith and are truly close to God but a large number of so called Christians of the modern day are complete caricatures of what they should be. Living inversions of the teachings of Christ.

I also don’t understand how anyone could come across Orthodox teaching, especially on prayer or eschatology, and not immediately discern it to be the Truth. There’s undoubtedly all sorts of issues with the human element of Orthodoxy that I fully understand wanting to avoid. However the Orthodox faith is life giving to anyone who lives it out. In contrast the western expression of Christianity is self destructive, not only harmful to those who put erring beliefs into practice but so hard of heart that they can’t see their issues to fix the problems.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Decline wrote: December 9th, 2023, 14:10
Sweeper wrote: December 9th, 2023, 05:15
I am not saying the Saints were necessarily insincere (who am I to judge anyway) or that individual Christians did not produce anything of value since 325. I am saying the Church's dogmas are. You can't rely on the Church to tell you what is Heresy and what isn't, only your personal communication with God can. You can claim that is arrogance, but fact of the matter is that since the Nicene Creed the Church has been systematically used to suppress spirituality.

I think you’re throwing the baby out with the bath water here. The Church has been used by people to suppress spirituality at times but it always comes back around. Not only that but the Saints come from these times of suffering. If we dare to bear the name of Christ we will also bear many of the trials and suffering He did, after-all the servant is not greater than the Master. Even when Christ Himself was personally teaching His Church there were betrayers and wicked sorts. Also there is really no level of spirituality close to Orthodox Monastics and the Saints of the Church. If you’ve had bad experiences with individuals in positions of authority that hurts a lot and can take time to heal.

All groups of people whether families or businesses or even something as insignificant as a knitting club have designated leaders. This is the way God has arranged it. The Church is no different, those who despise the Church and want to remove all form from it are really no different than women rebelling against man’s God given authority.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Decline wrote: December 9th, 2023, 05:05
Faggotry and pedophilia?
All sexual relations - regardless of the details - are a barrier stopping you from a closer relationship with God.
You could have your men of the church marry women and the institution would not only survive but it would thrive, as long as the position of the woman was that of servitude to her man.

The main reason the church is a pedophile paradise is that real men wont join it because they want to have children and form a family.
The sole reason men arent allowed to get married in the church is greed, they church wants the assets they leave behind, dont want to share them with the family.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Lhynn wrote: December 9th, 2023, 15:25

Faggotry and pedophilia?
You could have your men of the church marry women and the institution would not only survive but it would thrive, as long as the position of the woman was that of servitude to her man.

The main reason the church is a pedophile paradise is that real men wont join it because they want to have children and form a family.
The sole reason men arent allowed to get married in the church is greed, they church wants the assets they leave behind, dont want to share them with the family.
A man is beholden to his wife. If a priest is allowed worldly marriage he also is beholden to his wife and family. A Priest that is beholden to worldly matters and - even worse - a woman cannot be beholden to his belief and The Lord, at least not as much as an unmarried one. What's more, just because someone is married does not absolve him of all sin. Married priests have the potential to sin just as much because whether married or not, a priest is human.

If you hold rank and file in he church you live for the faith and die for the faith. Your assets are therefore not your assets, this worldly concept does not even exist. The church just continues to make use of your resources you provided to it after your death, using them to further the faith. Again, this does not preclude the existence of corruption within the church.

Your criticism of the church is shallow and lazy.

Edit: @rusty_shackleford my previous post successfully posted but never appeared in the thread. Something's broken.
Last edited by Decline on December 9th, 2023, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Decline wrote: December 9th, 2023, 16:54
Lhynn wrote: December 9th, 2023, 15:25

A man is beholden to his wife. If a priest is allowed worldly marriage he also is beholden to his wife and family. A Priest that is beholden to worldly matters and - even worse - a woman cannot be beholden to his belief and The Lord, at least not as much as an unmarried one. What's more, just because someone is married does not absolve him of all sin. Married priests have the potential to sin just as much because whether married or not, a priest is human.

If you hold rank and file in he church you live for the faith and die for the faith. Your assets are therefore not your assets, this worldly concept does not even exist. The church just continues to make use of your resources you provided to it after your death, using them to further the faith. Again, this does not preclude the existence of corruption within the church.

Your criticism of the church is shallow and lazy.

Edit: @rusty_shackleford my previous post successfully posted but never appeared in the thread. Something's broken.
A civil servant can be loyal to his country and his family, it stands to reason a man of god can do the same. He can borrow the assets of the church to fulfill his duty and when it is time to retire or depart, the assets go back to the church.

Having a bunch of degenerates in your ranks is very much a result of the church policies, and they should be revised and amended to prevent this.
Your excuses to house an army of faggots and pedophiles are poorly thought out.

To say that a married man cannot serve god or the church is so laughable on its face that you should be ashamed to believe it.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Lhynn wrote: December 9th, 2023, 18:10
A civil servant can be loyal to his country and his family, it stands to reason a man of god can do the same.
No, he cannot.
Having a bunch of degenerates in your ranks is very much a result of the church policies
There is no policy that will protect you from the sinfulness of man except perhaps those that are sinful unto itself.
To say that a married man cannot serve god or the church is so laughable on its face that you should be ashamed to believe it.
It does not matter how laughable it seems to you, it is the truth. This is why The Church adopted celibacy. Your protestant delusions will never change this simple truth.
Last edited by Decline on December 9th, 2023, 18:17, edited 2 times in total.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Decline wrote: December 9th, 2023, 18:13
It does not matter how laughable it seems to you, it is the truth. This is why The Church adopted celibacy. Your protestant delusions will never change this simple truth.
The church adopted celibacy out of greed. And I am not protestant, it is merely an observation.

Reject modernity, embrace tradition, walk back that horrible change so that the house of god can be inhabited by men of virtue instead of pedophiles.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Lhynn wrote: December 9th, 2023, 18:37
Decline wrote: December 9th, 2023, 18:13
The church adopted celibacy out of greed. And I am not protestant, it is merely an observation.

Reject modernity, embrace tradition, walk back that horrible change so that the house of god can be inhabited by men of virtue instead of pedophiles.

Orthodox Priests are usually married. There are actually canons in the early Church saying it’s highly preferred for priests to be married. The Catholics only started to depart from this tradition sometime around 900ad. Obviously the skills and temperament required to be the head of a house transfers over to being the head of a Church family too.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

Decline wrote: December 9th, 2023, 14:10
I am saying the Church's dogmas are
That's heresy friendo.