We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Russian Kingdom Come Deliverance - Смута

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Very accurate facial animations for the average Russian.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

RPGHQ is slowly turning into Codex. We only need Lord Potato now.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Full build was leaked and is already on the torrents. I have not played it, but read a bunch of first impressions from other players.

- It's less of an RPG, and more of a cinematic adventure with a simplisting leveling system and occasional shitty combat.
- the combat system is reminiscent of the first Witcher game. It's not good, but not particularly offensive either.
- there are tons of overly long dialogues, whoever wrote the game suffers from an unchecked graphomania.
- you can pick different dialogue options and roleplay either as a friendly or an angry dude, but it's mostly flavor text that doesn't really affect the outcome.
- optimization is bad. The game looks very good when using high settings, but performs like shit; and it looks really bad when using even medium settings, and performs just as shitty.

The official release date is April the 4th.

Last edited by wndrbr on April 1st, 2024, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

wndrbr wrote: April 1st, 2024, 13:11
Full build was leaked and is already on the torrents. I have not played it, but read a bunch of first impressions from other players.

- It's less of an RPG, and more of a cinematic adventure with a simplisting leveling system and occasional shitty combat.
- the combat system is reminiscent of the first Witcher game. It's not good, but not particularly offensive either.
- there are tons of overly long dialogues, whoever wrote the game suffers from an unchecked graphomania.
- you can pick different dialogue options and roleplay either as a friendly or an angry dude, but it's mostly flavor text that doesn't really affect the outcome.
- optimization is bad. The game looks very good when using high settings, but performs like shit; and it looks really bad when using even medium settings, and performs just as shitty.

Too bad, it changed all the things I liked about Kingdom Come and added all the things I dislike about console/movie games.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

To be fair we could have assumed all of this based on it being developed in eastern europe.
Mortmal

Post by Mortmal »

wndrbr wrote: February 17th, 2024, 12:52
RPGHQ is slowly turning into Codex. We only need Lord Potato now.
There are some big differences. Here, there's no one pretending to be in awe in front of average to mediocre Slavic games.I mean, there's zero critical thinking when it comes to those. It's a brofist circle jerk, and everything is nice and fantastic. If the same level of criticism were applied to those as for BG3, they would be branded as absolute worthless shit, assuming there was a shred of honesty left there. And then there's no button spamming either. Users don't bother to discuss and write answers anymore; you can't write anything there without getting shitty button spams, and that's all they do.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Mortmal wrote: April 1st, 2024, 19:34
Here, there's no one pretending to be in awe in front of average to mediocre Slavic games
I am indifferent on the location games come from excepting East Asian games — China, Korea, etc., due to awful design choices; Japan, due to a strong dislike of modern Anime aesthetics.
Any of you play this yet?
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

I'm so retarded - I completely misread this thread

I saw the title as Russian "Kingdoms of Amalur" that mid-tier open world game from a while back.

Then when I read "Times of Troubles" I thought immediately of the forgotten realms novel around deities falling to earth - then I watched the video and realized "Oh.. it's Russian Kingdom Come : Deliverance - cool"