We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Junior Adventurer's Guild - May: Knights of the Old Republic

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ

What game should we play in May?

Poll ended at May 1st, 2024, 02:59

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (2006)
5%
Dragon Age: Origins (2009)
21%
Expeditions: Conquistador (2013)
11%
Hard to be a God (2007)
5%
Knights of the Old Republic (2003)
26%
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword (2011)
No votes
Oblivion (2006)
No votes
System Shock (1994)
11%
Two Worlds (2007)
11%
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines (2004)
11%

Total votes: 19

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

All of your buffs being wiped every time you enter a conversation is insane

Tags:
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 12th, 2024, 05:37
All of your buffs being wiped every time you enter a conversation is insane
Yeah, and the worst part is that it's not consistent. I pre-buffed my party with stims and Force Speed and Energy Resistance before fighting the Mandalorian boss on Dantooine and none of those buffs disappeared. Then I went to Tatooine and the three Dark Jedi convo just cleared all my pre-buffs.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Apparently the Mandalorian is weak to Force Whirlwind - I had Bastilla cast it and while he was suspended in the air everyone ganged up on him. Completely trivialized the fight.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

gerey wrote: May 12th, 2024, 11:08
Apparently the Mandalorian is weak to Force Whirlwind - I had Bastilla cast it and while he was suspended in the air everyone ganged up on him. Completely trivialized the fight.
I ran through the area transition right next to him to fully heal up and then continued the fight from where I left off
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on May 12th, 2024, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 12th, 2024, 15:35
I ran through the area transition right next to him to fully heal up and then continued the fight from where I left off
wait, enemies don't regain their HP if you leave and return?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

wndrbr wrote: May 13th, 2024, 01:29
Oyster Sauce wrote: May 12th, 2024, 15:35
wait, enemies don't regain their HP if you leave and return?
Even if they do, the dead guys stay dead.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Okay, slaughtering Tunisians was satisfying. Turns out building pretty much every companion into a dual-wielding melee death machine makes the game more trivial than it already is.
I would just go with the aesthetics when I first played it and give the non-Jedi blasters and rifles.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Would humbly suggest a name change to Fearless Adventurers Guild or Fantastic Adventures Guild.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Unknown world, temple exterior. I come to the temple with two of my party members (Jolee and Juhani), but the aliens standing in front of the gates are like "nigga, you must enter alone. No other can go with you into the temple!". For some reason you can't just leave your party members waiting outside (like you could do before, for example during the Sith test in the tomb of Naga Sadow). So now I'm forced to transit back to Ebon hawk, leave my dudes there, and then slowly backtrack to the Temple on foot.

Few minutes later the ritual starts, and the two of my party members (Jolee and Juhani) show up in a cutscene, warning me not to go in alone.

What the fuck?
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

The stupid fucking thing wouldn't take screenshots in cutscenes.
Would this be enough to prove that I beat it?

wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

The final fight was surprisingly challenging. I didn't spend a single power point on a power that would've allowed me to destroy captive jedis, so Malak was able to freely heal eight times.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

I've had some time to think on things.
The writing got extremely shit towards the end, for some reason. Malak sounds like a retarded child's idea of a villain, Bastila makes no sense, and Revan's lines are all so fucking corny. Dark Side lines are as bad as Malak's dialogue, Light Side lines keep blabbing on and on about "The Light! I'm not Revan anymore! The Jedi Council is good and merciful!"
Even still, I enjoyed the game overall for the comfy nostalgia factor. It even made me want to go back to playing SWTOR.
I am thankful for this Adventurer's Guild, because I would have never replayed it otherwise.
wndrbr wrote: May 16th, 2024, 02:34
I didn't spend a single power point on a power that would've allowed me to destroy captive jedis, so Malak was able to freely heal eight times.
Same. But I was playing on Normal difficulty and built a super-optimized Guardian, so it was more annoying than challenging.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Played this game a bunch but I think this is the first time I've touched a swoop race outside of Taris.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Tatooine's swoop race pays you with special swoop tokens which can be exchanged for a very decent price on Yavin station. Not that the game is stingy with money, but Yavin station sells you two giga expensive lightsaber crystals near the endgame.
Last edited by wndrbr on May 16th, 2024, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Also, beating the Yavin Rodian at pazaak over 10 times gets you a 20% discount. Considering that he sells top-tier items (Baragwin blades and the special lightsaber crystals) for thousands of credits, this discount is very useful.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

That nigga cheats, i've lost more money to him in pazaak than i would've benefited from a discount.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

wndrbr wrote: May 16th, 2024, 04:19
That nigga cheats, i've lost more money to him in pazaak than i would've benefited from a discount.
Again, the computer is always cheating because you always go first. Savescumming through this bullshit is completely justified.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

logincrash wrote: May 16th, 2024, 03:42
Also, beating the Yavin Rodian at pazaak over 10 times gets you a 20% discount.
IIRC you can persuade/force persuade him to give you a discount, though I think it's less than 20%.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

How about the Sith logo for the badge? It depicts the Star Forge and KotOR is the only thing it features in.
► 400x400 PNGs in different colors
We could also just use the desktop icon of Malak's head. Because if we ever have a KotOR 2 guild thread, using the icon of Nihilus' head for that would be better than any logo. It's the most visually recognizable thing about that game, I'd argue.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Those Sith logos are COOL! Not sure I like the filled-in ones very much, but the single color ones are good. I'm not playing so maybe my vote doesn't count, but I think either the red or the blue one would do nicely.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

logincrash wrote: May 15th, 2024, 16:40
Would this be enough to prove that I beat it?
Why are you playing as a woman.
logincrash wrote: May 20th, 2024, 03:25
How about the Sith logo for the badge? It depicts the Star Forge and KotOR is the only thing it features in.
► 400x400 PNGs in different colors
We could also just use the desktop icon of Malak's head. Because if we ever have a KotOR 2 guild thread, using the icon of Nihilus' head for that would be better than any logo. It's the most visually recognizable thing about that game, I'd argue.
If the Star Forge logo is used I agree either red since it's a dark side creation or blue since that's the game's UI color would be best. I think I like the Malak head idea in theory though I personally think Revan's mask would be cooler. There's still 9 days left I think I might speed run through the game again for my billionth time just so I actually finish one of these after getting giga filtered by Alpha Protocol which I regret because the badge is actually cool and not ugly as fuck like 99% of them
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

WhiteShark wrote: May 20th, 2024, 04:45
Not sure I like the filled-in ones very much, but the single color ones are good.
Yeah, the red one is my favourite too.
I did the filled-in ones to complete the set with both HQ logo colors used.
Vergil wrote: May 20th, 2024, 05:35
Why are you playing as a woman.
Because I can.
Revan's mask would be cooler
It might be, but I don't know how well it would scale, since it's not that visually distinct. The colors are pretty muted and it's overly intricate.
There also doesn't seem to be a single "true" design for it.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

If the Star Forge logo is used I agree either red since it's a dark side creation or blue since that's the game's UI color would be best.
What if there was a blue and a red one for the different endings and you could only pick one?
There's still 9 days left I think I might speed run through the game again for my billionth time just so I actually finish one of these after getting giga filtered by Alpha Protocol which I regret because the badge is actually cool and not ugly as fuck like 99% of them
There's no time limit for beating the game and getting the sticker. Plus if you beat it recently enough for a new playthrough to be annoying, just load a save and take a screenshot. No one will ever know
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 20th, 2024, 08:18
Plus if you beat it recently enough for a new playthrough to be annoying, just load a save and take a screenshot. No one will ever know
Will this fly for when Dragon Age Origins gets picked for the next month?
'Cause I really don't want to get sucked back into this particular time sink. I already beat the game like half a dozen times before I even bought it on GoG.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

logincrash wrote: May 20th, 2024, 09:50
Oyster Sauce wrote: May 20th, 2024, 08:18
Plus if you beat it recently enough for a new playthrough to be annoying, just load a save and take a screenshot. No one will ever know
Will this fly for when Dragon Age Origins gets picked for the next month?
'Cause I really don't want to get sucked back into this particular time sink. I already beat the game like half a dozen times before I even bought it on GoG.
Next month will be Oblivion
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:11
Has Morrowind been done before? Is that how one can get the Shroomhead badge?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

logincrash wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:22
Morrowind will return when the time is right. One must simply tell Rusty how great it is to earn the coveted Shroomhead badge.

Element

Post by Element »

You just have to like Morrowind. That's enough.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Element wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:49
You just have to like Morrowind. That's enough.
That's asking quite a lot, though. Very difficult. Not many can do it.