Wokeless Wrath 1.0 — Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Rand wrote: May 9th, 2024, 17:43
SoLong wrote: May 9th, 2024, 17:17
Sosiel was, in my opinion, probably the least obnoxious gay video game character I've ever seen.
Wasn't his mopey gay-bitch whininess annoying?
Meh, his whininess wasn't related to him being gay. It's related to his brother being a moron and his religion being extremely unsuited for war (he's obligated to always spare surrendering foes, which the demons and their followers exploit and then mock him for).

I actually appreciated that part because his written counterpart is significantly less conflicted there despite the fact that he really should be.

He also doesn't try to jump you like the entire cast of BG3.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 17:44
We get it: gay people exist. I don't have a problem with them. But I also don't need to be constantly and forever reminded that they exist in all the media I consume, thanks.
They're a few percent of people in the real world.
In some games it seems like 50%.
In Baldur's Gate 3, it's like ALL of the companions.
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

Rand wrote: May 9th, 2024, 18:05
We get it: gay people exist. I don't have a problem with them. But I also don't need to be constantly and forever reminded that they exist in all the media I consume, thanks.
It's the same thing with blacks in America... they're so prevalent in mainstream media (sports figures, movies, TV, music artists, etc) it's no wonder most Americans, when asked, think that blacks make up a lot more than just ~15% of the population.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Just remove it all. I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that for myself, if it is going to be layers of compromise, I won't bother with it at all. It is the lack of hard stance against this garbage that has led to it infecting everything out there. There is nothing wrong with not a single gay being present, mentioned, existing in a game world, just like there is nothing wrong with no black people if it doesn't make sense.
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

Xenich wrote: May 9th, 2024, 18:19
Just remove it all. I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that for myself, if it is going to be layers of compromise, I won't bother with it at all. It is the lack of hard stance against this garbage that has led to it infecting everything out there. There is nothing wrong with not a single gay being present, mentioned, existing in a game world, just like there is nothing wrong with no black people if it doesn't make sense.
This is 100% my take. I don't personally have a problem with anyone, regardless of race/religion/sexual orientation etc., but I want some media to represent the majority instead of pandering to all the multiple minorities. And had woke shit not been driven to the absurd distances it has been, I probably wouldn't have batted an eye to some racialized and LGBTQ+ characters in some games.

But as things currently stand, the woke garbage has gone too far, and I'd like to see a game eliminated of all aspects of it, for once. That's the plan for Wokeless Wrath.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 18:40
I don't personally have a problem with anyone, regardless of race/religion/sexual orientation etc.,
Why not?
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

That's actually not 100% true, but the people I have the biggest problem with are the loudmouth activist types pushing and peddling this absurd woke narrative that seems to have successfully taken root in Western society over the last couple decades.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 18:55
That's actually not 100% true, but the people I have the biggest problem with are the loudmouth activist types pushing and peddling this absurd woke narrative that seems to have successfully taken root in Western society over the last couple decades.
Keep in mind, you may not have a problem with them, but they certainly have a problem with you (if it was not evident by their constant attacks about it openly).
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Not to defend the company, but Mass Effect: Andromeda has demonstrated that their customers will have a bitch fit if their favorite character isn't romanceable.

It's typical woke entitlement but I can't blame a company for giving their customers the stuff they want. Bioware and Larian just chose the worst people as their customers.

TL;DR: Larian, Bioware and their customer base deserve each other. Their games are collateral damage.
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

SoLong wrote: May 9th, 2024, 19:40

Not to defend the company, but Mass Effect: Andromeda has demonstrated that their customers will have a bitch fit if their favorite character isn't romanceable.

It's typical woke entitlement but I can't blame a company for giving their customers the stuff they want. Bioware and Larian just chose the worst people as their customers.

TL;DR: Larian, Bioware and their customer base deserve each other. Their games are collateral damage.
Remember the "good old days" when game devs knew they were creating content for a niche audience, and did their best to satisfy the desires of that particular niche, rather than try to pander to a wider audience and have the content suffer as a consequence?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

I just know of this game in passing, seeing this mod made me want to give it a try when I will be able to, but hearing the dialogue of the video, even on the after video, it has too much of that "Heya! Oh, damn, does anyone have Tenser's floating bandage? This wound looks terrible! I am making jokes even though we are dying in a pit, but it's alright, we are all like this here! From the big bad evil guy, to the captain of the guard who is supposed to a serious no-nonsense man!"
It already is a grand work to remove what you did, if you have any plans to iron out the mindset of this types of writing, I wish you the best of luck! It sounds like it will be a lot of work from those dialogues alone.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

DagothGeas5 wrote: May 9th, 2024, 20:28
I just know of this game in passing, seeing this mod made me want to give it a try when I will be able to, but hearing the dialogue of the video, even on the after video, it has too much of that "Heya! Oh, damn, does anyone have Tenser's floating bandage? This wound looks terrible! I am making jokes even though we are dying in a pit, but it's alright, we are all like this here! From the big bad evil guy, to the captain of the guard who is supposed to a serious no-nonsense man!"
It already is a grand work to remove what you did, if you have any plans to iron out the mindset of this types of writing, I wish you the best of luck! It sounds like it will be a lot of work from those dialogues alone.
Yeah, I find that a lot of the modern games writing is as horrible as the movies out there nowadays. It is like the people making them have no clue about the field they are in and just got into it so they could push the "Did you know I was gay" and "Black people are so cool!" politics.
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

I hear you, but that would truly be a monumental undertaking writing all new dialogue and recording all new voiceover audio... as it is, the existing audio was just altered to sound like a different voice.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 20:37
I hear you, but that would truly be a monumental undertaking writing all new dialogue and recording all new voiceover audio... as it is, the existing audio was just altered to sound like a different voice.
Absolutely, that's why I said that. It would literally require you to rewrite the game, unpaid as well, while these clowns get the merit if your mod attracts more people that buy the game instead of :pirate: :pirate: . Once more thank you for the work you already did, I am extremely fascinated by how AI voice can fix voice files while retaining the pronunciation and cadence, and like others said, incredible work on the art and models!
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

There's only 70,000 lines of dialogue. I don't know why it's such a big deal to change.
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

DagothGeas5 wrote: May 9th, 2024, 20:41
...and like others said, incredible work on the art and models!
It cannot be overstated that all credit for the great art goes to @Makirige and @Silver ... and the best pieces they contributed aren't even shown in the previews!
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 20:46
It cannot be overstated that all credit for the great art goes to @Makirige and @Silver ... and the best pieces they contributed aren't even shown in the previews!
► Show Spoiler
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Acrux wrote: May 9th, 2024, 20:44
There's only 70,000 lines of dialogue. I don't know why it's such a big deal to change.
From an AI generated answer:
How much time would it take to say 70,000 lines of dialogue
Based on the provided search results, we can estimate the time it would take to say 70,000 lines of dialogue.

According to the Reddit post about screenwriting, Barry Sonnenfeld, a film director, suggests that 13 pages of mostly dialogue would not equal 13 minutes. This implies that a single page of dialogue can take around 1 minute to read.

Assuming an average page has around 20-25 lines of dialogue, we can estimate that 70,000 lines of dialogue would be equivalent to around 2,800-3,500 pages.

Using the estimate of 1 minute per page, we can calculate that it would take around 2,800-3,500 minutes to say 70,000 lines of dialogue.

Converting this to hours, we get around 46.67-58.33 hours.

To give you a better idea, assuming an average speaking speed of 125-150 words per minute, it would take around 466.67-583.33 minutes to speak 70,000 lines of dialogue.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 18:09
most Americans, when asked, think that blacks make up a lot more than just ~15% of the population.
It's about 12% now. Hispanics have been growing demographically.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 20:06
Remember the "good old days" when game devs knew they were creating content for a niche audience, and did their best to satisfy the desires of that particular niche
They still do. It's just a different, sick and twisted, niche of non-gamers that don't buy much.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

Having gay characters in an M rated game is fine but
1. They should be *at most* 5% of total NPCs.
2. They should be villains and/or cautionary examples of bad behavior. They should not be glorified or celebrated.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

DagothGeas5 wrote: May 9th, 2024, 20:50
► Show Spoiler
Why not place the video?
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

anonusername wrote: May 9th, 2024, 21:48
DagothGeas5 wrote: May 9th, 2024, 20:50

► Show Spoiler
Why not place the video?
I have! It's in the spoiler.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Great job on the mod @Dunadan I enjoyed watching it come together.
BobT wrote: May 10th, 2024, 00:26
Report your progress here weekly @Vergil.
Sorry, who were you again?
► for transexsegata
Last edited by Vergil on May 10th, 2024, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Huge release my dude, thanks for the herculean work and I'm stoked to see RPGHQ being vanguard in this "dewokification" movement, due to the superb modders' work.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

One minor issue I have is that
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on May 10th, 2024, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 10th, 2024, 02:39
► Show Spoiler
Those are actually rare nigger-leather gloves. :)
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 10th, 2024, 02:39
► Show Spoiler
Sosiel is wearing thin leather gloves.

As for their "relatedness"... The only reason the originals looked like 'twins' is because they were both black with short hair. That's it. For europeans, it's possible for full siblings to have different hair colours and different eye colours.