We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

"DLC-sized" Talking sword GF Skyrim quest mod gets its third chapter release

HQ-related news you should probably read.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

"DLC-sized" Talking sword GF Skyrim quest mod gets its third chapter release

Post by rusty_shackleford »

This is not a short story: 11 Quests, around 5 thousand lines of fully-voiced dialogue, new locations, mechanics, animations -it took two years and a small army of amazingly talented people like Kerstyn Unger, Skeever, Caleb Hackler, Venjhammet, and many others contributing directly, while Mihail, Praedyth, T Kuku and many others kindly allowed me to reuse their work.

The story is focused entirely on Daumbra: the newest incarnation of the cursed sword Umbra, whom you may have heard of. She can be your follower, but she can also be your weapon, and comes with several mechanics which I think are somewhat novel -such as riding on her like a hoverboard, or throwing her like a javelin (and then she fights the baddies at the spot where she lands), mind-control, teleportation, telekinetically using the enemies' own weapons against them, and so on.

But the focus, at least for me, is the story. I believe the more real choices we get to make in a story, the more we care for it. And by that standard... yeah, you're probably going to care a lot. There are many big choices in this mod, and many endings to make them matter. No two people will experience this story in the exact same way.

Everything is lore-friendly.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/89089

Despite being called "Chapter III', it includes chapters 1 & 2 as well.
It claims to be professionally written/voice acted, which may be true by 2023 standards. I'd love to get some feedback from one of you after playing it.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Talking sword GF, you say?

Includes Chapters I and II. Continue Daumbra's story, and obtain new gameplay mechanics (sword throwing, sword riding, mind control, teleportation, etc.) through a DLC-sized questline, professionally voiced. The story has many possible endings -your choices really do matter. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Inspired by Skyward Sword?
► Show Spoiler
Or maybe Soul Eater?
► Show Spoiler
Oh, wait, Noragami had this too.
► Show Spoiler
Revolutionary Girl Utena is also a bit similar...
► Show Spoiler
Now that I think about it, the idea is actually pretty popular.