Various tabletop stuff not deserving its own thread

For all your tabletop & board game needs.
Bah! They don't even play at physical tabletops anymore.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Various tabletop stuff not deserving its own thread

Post by WhiteShark »

Paizo wrote:
For ages, the orcs of Belkzen have been marginalized, subjugated, and vilified, relegated to the rocky northern wastes. Yet in recent battles waged against their undead nemeses, orcs showed the world that they have a common enemy—the evil lich-lord known as the Whispering Tyrant. Now, openminded leaders like Ardax the White-Hair have initiated a grand diplomatic campaign to bury old grudges and forge alliances across the continent. There are few takers.

In the Triumph of the Tusk Adventure Path, the PCs are dignitaries representing the few orc communities or foreign organizations who answered Ardax’s call. Their mission of peace soon turns violent when supernatural weather disasters, betrayals, undead uprisings, and even deicide turn the orcs’ homeland into a desperate battlefield. With the PCs’ help, Belkzen won’t just survive, but will earn the respect it has always deserved!
Note: these same orcs used to work for the lich and the citizens of the only human settlement in the region each carried a suicide knife in case of capture by orcs.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Its like these cocksuckers know that orcs are niggers.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

maidenhaver wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 10:05
Its like these cocksuckers know that orcs are niggers.
Orcs are vastly superior to niggers: tougher, stronger, smarter, and, unlike blacks, seem to pose a continuous existential military threat to the civilized races of every setting in which they're found.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Fiend Folio wrote:
Paeliryons believe that information is the key to power. Frequently found running extensive spy rings on nearly every plane, they have minions gathering secrets wherever such information could translate into furthering a paeliryon’s goals.

A paeliryon’s skin color is a mix of sickly green and pink. It stands nearly 20 feet high, but its height is overshadowed by its massive obesity. Heavy, batlike wings sprout from its back, and it stinks of unwashed bodies and brimstone. The devil’s body combines elements of both male and female anatomy. The most disturbing feature about a paeliryon, though, is its face. The devil’s hideous visage sports an overly wide mouth full of sharp teeth. Warts and boils erupt all over its face, which is painted in a mockery of a courtesan’s. Rouge is applied thickly to the paeliryon’s cheeks, its lips shine with a waxy red sheen, and its wide, reptilian eyes are surrounded by blue makeup. To top it all off, a paeliryon’s long fingernails are always stained a brilliant red that never fades.
Scary! It's a good thing creatures like this only exist in fiction.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Boontaker wrote: Yesterday, 06:02
destinyhntr wrote: Yesterday, 03:38
Tried playing dnd online. Met so many strange people will mental illnesses I didn't want to deal with. How do you find normal people to play with?
Oh, yea no NEVER PLAY virtual tabletop with randoms.
Hey, you find someone cool once in a while every ten games. It's also system-dependent. The most passionate and intelligent roleplayers I've met online were all GURPS players.

/tg/ has a gamefinder thread every now and then, which I've used before to some success. The trick, according to other anons, is to join many short games (let's be real: most of them are short regardless because the GM or the majority of players will ghost randomly) in order to scout other good players/GMs, and then put together a group composed of the good ones you've found.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Boontaker wrote: Yesterday, 06:02
rusty_shackleford wrote: Yesterday, 04:54
destinyhntr wrote: Yesterday, 03:38

Tried playing dnd online. Met so many strange people will mental illnesses I didn't want to deal with. How do you find normal people to play with?
He's referring to DDO
https://www.ddo.com/home
Oh, yea no NEVER PLAY virtual tabletop with randoms.
Yeah, sorry. Should have clarified (and didn't realize you meant DDO until it was too late.

I did find one group that was pretty chill but unfortunately can't play with them any longer and it's way too much work to wade through all the weirdos to find more normal people. Wish dnd was more popular so I could just have people irl to play it with.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

destinyhntr wrote: Yesterday, 21:33
and it's way too much work to wade through all the weirdos to find more normal people.
Have you tried not opening with the fact you're a female girl?
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

(Quoting here to avoid derailing the other thread.)
I did find one group that was pretty chill but unfortunately can't play with them any longer and it's way too much work to wade through all the weirdos to find more normal people. Wish dnd was more popular so I could just have people irl to play it with.
This statement confuses me. D&D is very popular right now. I could have a group organized and ready to play IRL by this weekend, if I wanted to, just from people I know. I could also probably walk into any game store and join some adventurer's league group. Do you live on the moon or something?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Its pretty dead if you are looking for something not gay.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

maidenhaver wrote: Yesterday, 22:19
Well, I assumed @destinyhntr meant 5e, so its being gay is part of the package. If she meant any other edition, then I could understand her difficulty finding a group.
Last edited by WhiteShark on May 22nd, 2024, 01:52, edited 2 times in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Oh, she. In that case, she probably can't find a group, because she's lost.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Vergil wrote: Yesterday, 22:04
and it's way too much work to wade through all the weirdos to find more normal people.
When I was looking, yes, I didn't bring up my gender. My gender wasn't much of an issue in these places (there was usually at least one other (real) girl in the groups). It's just that dnd tends to attract people with a lot of social anxiety, anger issues, drama queens, and transgenders (my one friend invited me to join this temporary campaign and I was the only real woman there, but three of them were trans women who acted like high school drama queens despite all of us being in our twenties). Left that group quick when they started bickering like children.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Vergil wrote: Yesterday, 22:04
Also, vergil, I know me being a woman frightens you, but you don't have to bring it up every time I speak (or at least try to be creative about it)
Last edited by destinyhntr on May 22nd, 2024, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

WhiteShark wrote: Yesterday, 22:33
maidenhaver wrote: Yesterday, 22:19
Well, I assumed @destinyhntr meant 5e, so it being gay is part of the package. If she meant any other edition, then I can understand her difficulty finding a group.
A lack of irl friends who play is an issue. And yes, I don't mind lgbt people but I don't really want to play a roleplaying game with them (since my christian morals tend to make me uncomfortable when they start trying to insert irl politics, sex, and other junk into the game). When I was playing, it was 5e and P2e.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

maidenhaver wrote: Yesterday, 22:43
Oh, she. In that case, she probably can't find a group, because she's lost.
It's true. I frankly don't know why I keep coming back here.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

destinyhntr wrote: Today, 01:50
they start trying to insert irl politics, sex, and other junk into the game
I once played in an online group with a guy who picked a really gay looking piece of art for his snakeman character. I was under the impression he had been unable to find anything better, so I searched diligently and found him some alternatives. He rejected them, saying he was satisfied with the one he had chosen. I found out later he was an ERPer and that that's how the GM had met him...
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

destinyhntr wrote: Today, 01:52
It's true. I frankly don't know why I keep coming back here.
like all women you love the abuse.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

destinyhntr wrote: Today, 01:47
I know me being a woman frightens you
You almost had me thinking you were at least a little less of a generic foid there for a minute :lol:
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

WhiteShark wrote: Today, 01:58
destinyhntr wrote: Today, 01:50
they start trying to insert irl politics, sex, and other junk into the game
I once played in an online group with a guy who picked a really gay looking piece of art for his snakeman character. I was under the impression he had been unable to find anything better, so I searched diligently and found him some alternatives. He rejected them, saying he was satisfied with the one he had chosen. I found out later he was an ERPer and that that's how the GM had met him...
Erotic role play? Yeah. All of the trans women used these super sexual profiles for their characters. Definitely felt weird coming in with my normal goblin rogue
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Vergil wrote: Today, 02:09
destinyhntr wrote: Today, 01:47
I know me being a woman frightens you
You almost had me thinking you were at least a little less of a generic foid there for a minute :lol:
Not sure what you mean so I'll ignore it. (Is foid some chronically online term?)
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

destinyhntr wrote: Today, 02:26
Not sure what you mean
I have no doubt there's a lot of things you're not sure the meaning of :Inspector:
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Vergil wrote: Today, 02:29
destinyhntr wrote: Today, 02:26
Not sure what you mean
I have no doubt there's a lot of things you're not sure the meaning of :Inspector:
Well, that was a slightly more creative insult, at least.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

wndrbr wrote: Today, 02:30
@destinyhntr Vergil is also a woman.
If that's true, it would fit this site's trend of claiming all women hate and are aggressive toward each other XD
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

@destinyhntr I think @WhiteShark or someone else was trying to put together a D&D group here a while back
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

rusty_shackleford wrote: Today, 03:52
@destinyhntr I think @WhiteShark or someone else was trying to put together a D&D group here a while back
If someone is, I'd be interested -- depending on the schedule.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: Today, 03:52
I'd be down for a oneshot or short campaign if anyone is looking (since I don't like dedicating to campaigns until I get a feel for the group)
Last edited by destinyhntr on May 22nd, 2024, 04:17, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I've always wanted to play DnD but every time I've tried it made me feel like a massive fruit loop and I had to excuse myself in embarrassment.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Vergil wrote: Today, 04:33
I've always wanted to play DnD but every time I've tried it made me feel like a massive fruit loop and I had to excuse myself in embarrassment.
It can definitely be hit and miss. A lot of my memories from playing make me cringe, but there were also great moments that kept me going. It's a bit of a mixed bag (depending on the group and vibes).