We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

YouTube's new anti-adblock

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Anon

Post by Anon »

Atlantico wrote: April 29th, 2024, 11:37
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 26th, 2024, 20:58
The massive majority of storage used by youtube is for videos nobody watches. I don't mean videos with a few thousand or hundreds of views — I mean endless accounts with hundreds if not thousands of randomly(and now AI) generated videos with less than 10 views. They allow essentially unlimited storage.
They pass this cost onto the user instead of doing something about blatantly obvious abusive behavior.
Youtube reserves the rights to delete videos at will, for any reason. It is their conscious decision to lose money.

Besides. The NSA definitely covers the losses. Youtube is probably the biggest honeypot ever.
This is pure speculation, but I suppose youtube maintains this because they want people to keep having youtube as the only platform for them to dump their videos. If youtube starts limiting storage too much, people will seek other sites and that jeopardizes youtube's monopoly.