We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Emil Pagliarulo and His Terrible Fanfiction and Head Canons

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

It is undeniable cope to say Emil hasn't won. He went from reviewing fucking Thief levels to being the director of multi-million dollar Fallout games and the face of the franchise now. The issue is precisely that he has won.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

RangerBoo wrote: April 29th, 2024, 01:46
the Thieves Guild quest in Skyrim
I have like 500 hours in Skyrim but I haven't played the main quest (or any guild quests) until very recently. I mostly just played it as a dungeon crawler while I had a podcast on in the background.
I decided to actually do all the major quest lines in the game. That was what turned me off of Skyrim completely. The Thieves Guild especially. I had a level 150 Vampire Lord Dragonborn by that point, so selling my soul to Nocturnal because the stupid Dunmer cunt decided that I couldn't take out some bitch Breton who's like a hundred levels below me was very fucking frustrating.
Literally every faction quest was worse than I expected. The main quest was the same. I haven't played Skyrim even once since then.
It's unbelievable that this faggot still has a job and isn't homeless and eating trash to survive.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The best was when he confirmed that his OC Gary-Stu Nate from Fallout 4 is the US solider who shots a unarmed and tied up civilian in the Fallout 1 opening.
Alright, he seems like a cool guy to me.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

wndrbr wrote: April 29th, 2024, 02:32
Even redditors hate Emil. It blows my mind there are people defending this hack.
Long and impressive takedown of Emil from a redditor

The guy is an absolute dimwit, not even midwit-level.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

do not expect quality storylines ever again
When was the last time a Bethesda game had good storylines?

Fucking redditors, I swear to God.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 29th, 2024, 09:38
The best was when he confirmed that his OC Gary-Stu Nate from Fallout 4 is the US solider who shots a unarmed and tied up civilian in the Fallout 1 opening.
Alright, he seems like a cool guy to me.

nyxnyx wrote: April 29th, 2024, 07:50
Nate being a war criminal is arguably the best piece of canon to come out of Fallout 4.

Thank you, Emil.
Too bad het retconned it in the same week that he made it up.

Emil-sisters I don't feel so good...
Last edited by Shillitron on April 29th, 2024, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Shillitron wrote: April 29th, 2024, 12:10
Too bad het retconned it in the same week that he made it up.
The really hilarious part is the implication that he never actually saw the intro cutscene for Fallout 1, or never watched it to the end.

Anyone with a functioning brain would immediately have realized the PR fuckup of implying the protagonist of your game is a war criminal (not that Canadians are people).
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Roguey wrote: April 29th, 2024, 10:18
"Emil then describes Skyrim and Fallout 4 summarized in his own words: "Dragons." "Messiah." "Androids." "Suspicion."

:lol:
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Vergil wrote: April 29th, 2024, 07:53
It is undeniable cope to say Emil hasn't won. He went from reviewing fucking Thief levels to being the director of multi-million dollar Fallout games and the face of the franchise now. The issue is precisely that he has won.
Again, he is the male Sam Maggs. Proving that it is not just women who fail upwards in this industry. I think what is making many people sour on him now is that many actual talent in the games industry are losing their jobs right now but Emil however is in a safe position because he is best friends with Todd Howard. So despite making low quality and bad stories he will, at the end of the day, still have his job. Unless of course Microsoft decides to can him and not even Todd can save him from that but that has yet to happen. However, even if Microsoft does fire Emil that still won't fix Bethesda's problems with their games. There is still so much wrong with this company. Like them refusing to let go of their ancient and buggy ass engine.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 29th, 2024, 15:10, edited 4 times in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Shillitron wrote: April 29th, 2024, 12:17
Roguey wrote: April 29th, 2024, 10:18
"Emil then describes Skyrim and Fallout 4 summarized in his own words: "Dragons." "Messiah." "Androids." "Suspicion."

:lol:
Imagine if other writers did this..

Lord of the Rings..
"Ring" "Hobbits" "Evil" "War"

You've got one of the biggest franchises in the world being ran by a toddler who can barely fit the square peg through the round hole.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

logincrash wrote: April 29th, 2024, 08:40
the Thieves Guild quest in Skyrim
I have like 500 hours in Skyrim but I haven't played the main quest (or any guild quests) until very recently. I mostly just played it as a dungeon crawler while I had a podcast on in the background.
I decided to actually do all the major quest lines in the game. That was what turned me off of Skyrim completely. The Thieves Guild especially. I had a level 150 Vampire Lord Dragonborn by that point, so selling my soul to Nocturnal because the stupid Dunmer cunt decided that I couldn't take out some bitch Breton who's like a hundred levels below me was very fucking frustrating.
Literally every faction quest was worse than I expected. The main quest was the same. I haven't played Skyrim even once since then.
It's unbelievable that this faggot still has a job and isn't homeless and eating trash to survive.
Again, Emil highlights what is the biggest problem in the entertainment industry which isn't DEI (although it is a problem) but nepotism. There are so many talentless people like Emil that shouldn't be in this industry but since they are buddies with the head honcho they are put into high positions of power where they shouldn't be. Even if DEI were to go away tomorrow there will still be a lot of problems left in the entertainment industry such as nepotism.