We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Game reviewers

HQ-related news you should probably read.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Game reviewers

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Would anyone be willing to review games if we received review keys?
The reviewers must be a regular and/or trusted poster, and willing to actually put forth effort into a review.

This is, of course, just a hypothetical.

[edit]
Also, you must remain objective and shit on the game.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 25th, 2024, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Tweed wrote: April 25th, 2024, 17:27
I could do that.
You could, but what would induce you into actually doing it? Perhaps an official tie-in between your nascent channel and this board?
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I said I could do it and that's what I meant.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

No pressure, I'd never spring anything on you without asking first. Just curious if we'd have people willing to create a long-form review — text or video.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

years of greentexting has rotted my brain and I can no longer write properly
Furin

Post by Furin »

This question isn't actually hypothetical, at least not for Woke Content Detector.

We have been sent a review key for the game Pinhead Adventures.
The offer expires May 16 and according to the FAQ, the developer can revoke the offer at any time if we don't accept so time is limited.

I was just going to ignore review key offers for a variety of reasons but I am willing to allow someone to review games for us if he/she is trustworthy.

I'm not very familiar with how the Curator Connect function works so I'd need some help getting this to work. I think only the person who accepts the key can play the game (which is why I haven't accepted the offer yet).
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

who got time for this
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Does my avatar not inspire trust and confidence?
Furin

Post by Furin »

Upon looking into this further, it seems all I would need to do is change a setting in Woke Content Detector's permissions to allow officers to accept review keys.

Therefore, anyone wanting to do this for us would need to be a member of our group (who I would then promote to officer).

I've put out a group announcement to my existing officers, so if any of them express interest (including @rusty_shackleford) then one of them will get priority.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

I'd be willing but only if I can use my zoomer lexicon for the entire review
Cogemeister

Post by Cogemeister »

I got sent a key for a game similar to Risk of Rain 2 in gameplay, it’s called Hemlock. I’ll play it and give feedback to the dev, and then I can post a review here.