We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Junior Adventurer's Guild - April: Alpha Protocol

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Don't have a screenshot of my guy, but I do have a screenshot of the mission report for the finale. Is that good enough?

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I'll take it, but you can just load your last save if you want to look cool
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Here's my basic bitch protagonist.

As you can see, I made the grave mistake of picking stealth and sticking with it, which I think exacerbated most of the issues the game has.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Yeah, I'm throwing in the towel. I don't even want to finish this. Between the cringe characters, half-baked story, and annoying gameplay, its just not worth it for me
Anon

Post by Anon »

Same. I've given it the 2 extra hours of gameplay as promised. As soon as the first missions kicked in I saw that the game isn't for me and I'm past the point of my life where I bruteforce through slogs
Anon

Post by Anon »

Don't worry @Oyster Sauce I'll play the next thing that comes. I also appreciate the effort you employ to keep the show running. And gz to all the warriors who endured through all this game, you're true spartan soldiers.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Looking for input on how to do the next vote. Have a lot more suggestions this time and I suspect it wouldn't be great if the winner only has 3 votes because they're so spread out.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Only 1 vote that you cannot change and curate the list more.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Just did another mission in AP and had a ton of fun, don't know where you guys get the idea the game is bad.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Irenaeus wrote: April 20th, 2024, 21:59
Just did another mission in AP and had a ton of fun, don't know where you guys get the idea the game is bad.
Mostly from the gameplay, visuals, and story but outside of those superfluous things I'm sure its great :D
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 20th, 2024, 21:52
Looking for input on how to do the next vote. Have a lot more suggestions this time and I suspect it wouldn't be great if the winner only has 3 votes because they're so spread out.
Ban from voting further everybody who voted for the winner and didn't even touch the game. Other than that I think it's alright

If you want a more serious poll you could do as Vergil suggested + poll being secret until the end
Last edited by Anon on April 20th, 2024, 22:10, edited 2 times in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Vergil wrote: April 20th, 2024, 21:54
and curate the list more
Maybe make the games on offer based on a theme?
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 20th, 2024, 21:52
Only let people who finished this month vote. :smug:
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

what a shame that it's a game about being a superspy and half the skills are what shoukd be the least important thing, the kind of gun you use.

obshitian was NEVER good
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The idea that you can make a character who isn't good with any firearms is silly. Why would they even dispatch such a person to do fieldwork?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 15:06
The idea that you can make a character who isn't good with any firearms is silly. Why would they even dispatch such a person to do fieldwork?
He was assigned the job because he's a master manipulator charismatic genius (please ignore the fact that he conducts himself like a fool in 80% of the dialogue options)
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 15:10
please ignore the fact that he conducts himself like a fool in 80% of the dialogue options
Maybe your Thorton does.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Has obsidian ever made a good game that was a property they created and not them making a sequel to someone else's game?
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 15:10
he's a master manipulator
He's such a pro at this that not even the player knows what he's actually going to say.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Vergil wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 16:01
Has obsidian ever made a good game that was a property they created and not them making a sequel to someone else's game?
Alpha Protocol
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 16:01
Avowed
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

nvm fixed it ;)
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on April 24th, 2024, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 24th, 2024, 13:40
Poll is open for May's game. I decided to limit it to 10 options this time. The top 3 games with the most votes in the previous poll were given a guaranteed spot, and the other 7 were chosen via RNG. You have 1 vote, results are hidden until May, and you're required to have at least 1 post in this thread because we had a few voters who only made an account to download a mod and never return last time. Great opportunity for lurkers to reveal themselves.
Hello I've found an error, the poll doesn't let me(the admin) see the results
I want to cheat and see them :scratch:
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 24th, 2024, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 24th, 2024, 13:42
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 24th, 2024, 13:40
Poll is open for May's game. I decided to limit it to 10 options this time. The top 3 games with the most votes in the previous poll were given a guaranteed spot, and the other 7 were chosen via RNG. You have 1 vote, results are hidden until May, and you're required to have at least 1 post in this thread because we had a few voters who only made an account to download a mod and never return last time. Great opportunity for lurkers to reveal themselves.
Hello I've found an error, the poll doesn't let me(the admin) see the results
I want to cheat and see them :scratch:
Me too, I made the fucking thing
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

As a certified superspy in real life, I exercised superb foresight and completed the game last year. Behold my Thorton:

I'm pretty sure I never used gadgets. The points in sabotage were mainly for hacking bonuses and the camera invisibility active. EDIT: Oh yeah, the remote hacking ability was cool, too.

I lamented in IRC that it hadn't been long enough for me to want to replay, so @Oyster Sauce kindly said he would accept my previous run.
Last edited by WhiteShark on April 24th, 2024, 21:54, edited 2 times in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

100 mln usd of small arms and vehicles? thats like 3 hours of jewkranian frontline after paying up jews and jewkrianians their 70 mln usd transaction cost
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Will I be able to get the badge at any time I present the completion screenshots or is it time-gated?
I've finished the game like 4 times back in the day. First as a by the book professional, then as a smarmy jackass hothead, then as a 0AP rookie using the best available dialogue options, and then as a gun-ho veteran killer.
I don't even have the PC I finished the game on anymore. Would I have to rush through it to get a shiny badge or can I take my time and then report in?
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

logincrash wrote: April 26th, 2024, 16:27
Would I have to rush through it to get a shiny badge or can I take my time and then report in?
There's no end date for badge collection. Any game that's come up in AG or JAG is fair game at any point.