We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Confess your gaming sins

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

StudiedAsleep wrote: April 20th, 2024, 03:20
Can’t stand Fallout 4 and all elder scrolls games before Skyrim.
cuck

Tags:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Ligrev wrote: April 20th, 2024, 10:28
I spend waaaaaaaaay too much time fagging around in character creation.
Is this your Oblivion character?
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

WhiteShark wrote: April 20th, 2024, 13:16
Ligrev wrote: April 20th, 2024, 10:28
I spend waaaaaaaaay too much time fagging around in character creation.
Is this your Oblivion character?
Nah.

It's more like this:

:cool: :read:
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

when it comes to character creation i've fallen into a habit of laziness

always a bald guy with black haired goatee, usually a superficial scar over his eye(being blind is cringe), green eyes, end up giving him the same ol varying names from a small selection i've stuck with over the years, usually end up playing as a rogue or whatever equivalent

other times i'll go for tropes like gigachad aryan long blonde haired, bearded, paladin named something like Siegfried, or an old wizened Gandalf-esque wizard, but that's about it lol
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I used cheats to get Mira when I was evil instead of the stinky wookie.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

imagine spending more than 2 seconds on character appearence, just click white male
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

I very rarely finish games anymore. I lose interest and move on.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

I love number-go-up, RNG, and comfy lore.
Last edited by Gregz on May 1st, 2024, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Clover

Post by Clover »

I've played Mass Effect a bunch of times but every time I get to the 1 v 1 with the reaper on Rannoch I have to switch it to journalist difficulty and I still will usually die once or twice because there's something wrong with my brain where I cannot figure out the mechanic for the fight.
Cogemeister

Post by Cogemeister »

I have more than 1500 hours on Skyrim but I’ve only beaten the main quest line once.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Cogemeister wrote: May 1st, 2024, 02:27
I have more than 1500 hours on Skyrim but I’ve only beaten the main quest line once.
I'm glad you included that first half, because that's the sin.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

I thought I might give Subnautica 2 a chance after they fired the sound guy over twitter comments and announced the new female main character.

Thank fuck a friend spoiled a plot twist for me so I could still refund that shit in time.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

SoLong wrote: May 1st, 2024, 10:18
I thought I might give Subnautica 2 a chance after they fired the sound guy over twitter comments and announced the new female main character.

Thank fuck a friend spoiled a plot twist for me so I could still refund that shit in time.
wait they cancelled the sound guy over twitter nonsense and made the main character a nigress or whatever and you thought 'let's give this garbage a shot'???
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

I play Rhythm Games on Easy
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

LemonDemonGirl wrote: Yesterday, 07:16
I play Rhythm Games on Easy
Because you're White?
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

Vergil wrote: Yesterday, 07:19
Because you're White?
No shit lmao

Post by 1998 »

I think RT if done well adds a lot of atmosphere to games, Metro Exodus for example did it quite well.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Manny V wrote: Yesterday, 03:54
SoLong wrote: May 1st, 2024, 10:18

wait they cancelled the sound guy over twitter nonsense and made the main character a nigress or whatever and you thought 'let's give this garbage a shot'???
No, I only found out about the firing over twitter after I already bought the game. The only thing I did know is that they got a different sound guy, not why. The whole "Ohhh, female main char!" thing was obnoxious as hell but not every game with a woman in the lead has been automatically shit (Granted, between this and Subnautica 1 I should've caught on to the fact that not having a character choice is a warning sign).

For the record, the idiot plot twist was that the insufferable strong wahmen from the first game (the one who got her base destroyed, a man killed and his son stranded on an island by himself) apparently managed to somehow survive a 100% fatal disease long before a cure was found.

I actually enjoyed Subnautica 1 and I like exploration games that aren't glorified walking simulators but I wasn't going to put up with the evolutionary dead-end for however long they shoved her into the game.

(I also read up on the rest of the plot and it was the generic evil megacorporation blabla with the team of strong wahmen sabotaging them. Because sabotaging a facility with a killer virus in it is such a brilliant idea.)