We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

48-72 Hour Early Access

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
kerghnox

48-72 Hour Early Access

Post by kerghnox »

Why the fuck aren't more people bitching about this relatively recent kike scheme? Selling the real release date has to be the laziest anti-consumer jew trick so far. No new content or development time required, literally just delaying the game for poorfags. To make matters worse, very little stops them from extending the delay to something absurd like a month. Buy the $200 Mega Deluxe Edition or wait a month, goy.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

It's also a form of gaming the review system because players are far more likely to leave a positive review if they're invested enough to buy a special edition.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

I think most people here don't buy games, because you literally can't buy them today, you rent them (or buy temporary long term license to use or how they called this in terms of use agreement) from most of the shop.
Gog give you illusion of ownership, but looking at modern cdpr... I would recommend you to buy hdds and download all games that you bought in gog.

And we'll, since you can't own it than you can't still it... You get what I'm trying to say?
Anon

Post by Anon »

Doesn't make a difference to me, I'll still pirate it then decide whether I buy or not
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

kerghnox wrote: April 20th, 2024, 05:19
Why the fuck aren't more people bitching about this relatively recent kike scheme? Selling the real release date has to be the laziest anti-consumer jew trick so far. No new content or development time required, literally just delaying the game for poorfags. To make matters worse, very little stops them from extending the delay to something absurd like a month. Buy the $200 Mega Deluxe Edition or wait a month, goy.
If we accept that game studios are bloated and eventually they need to be profitable and they ar going to do early access fees, I would rather they be astronomical. Make those streamers pay $1000 to access the game 3 days early.

Complaining about these things isn't going to change them. We only got to this point because people couldn't stop themselves from buying horse armor.

If you want this stuff to actually change you need to convince Gabe Newell. Ask him to ban DLC while you're at it.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 20th, 2024, 05:20
It's also a form of gaming the review system because players are far more likely to leave a positive review if they're invested enough to buy a special edition.
I don't care about waiting a few days, or even, weeks for a game that already took years to come out. However, I could see this being a potential problem. OTOH, players who are hyped enough to buy early access might be more disappointed if the game is shit.