We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout 4 tv show from Amazon

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Cheeseknife wrote: April 19th, 2024, 18:41
Been watching the show in preparation for a video review I'm going to do on the entire series. I've played Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, and Fallout 4.

First, this show has a "Mystery Box" construction. Everything is being set up in a "who is that?" and "what is that?" kind of way where you're supposed to be at the edge of your seat wondering when the show is going to tell you what all this stuff means and why the characters are even important. The problem with this is the inevitable dead-ending we saw years and years ago with JJ Abram's Lost series where the story seems to be catering itself to a specific destination and the characters end up doing the stupidest things in order to see that destination reached.

Let me talk briefly about the characters...

Lucy MacLean
Most easily understood motivation for doing anything in the story. Her vault was raided and her father was taken away. Naturally, she wants to find him and will brave the wasteland to do so. This is a cliche that we've seen in both Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, but it is at least a motivating factor. The issues are that the story can't just have this plot be as cut-and-dry as "raiders took my father and I need to get him back" and the desire to save one's family from danger--while good--is also a very generic motivation. Otherwise, one doesn't really know what Lucy's main goal in life is or what her underlying passion is.

Maximus
Joined the BOS after being saved by a knight. Note he gets inspired by the suit of armor, but that seems to be the extent of it. Maximus likes power armor. Otherwise, there's zero driving force for anything that Maximus does. Most of the BOS treats him like trash and they cast suspicion on him without proof. Titus has him take point at the yao guai cave despite wearing a full suit of power armor. Then Maxiumus continues the mission after watching Titus die despite the fact that he has no reason to. The BOS has screwed him over at every waking moment, yet he continues the mission? Like, what the hell?

I suspect part of what is supposed to compel us to like Maximus is because he is downtrodden and abused by others. Sure, that's sad, but it doesn't mean I should like them or agree with what they're doing. That's even the problem with Lucy's mission. For both Lucy and Maximus, just being aware of what they're trying to do doesn't mean I suddenly like them or think what they're doing is compelling or worthwhile. The show doesn't do anything to convince you that either character is achieving anything that is ultimately worthwhile.

Cooper Howard
If the show wasn't trying to make it super obvious that "The Ghoul" had Main Character powers, you would otherwise assume he was a bad guy doing bad things. However, the narrative is continually shaping and reshaping Cooper's plot armor to frustrating degree which just tells me the show wants us to care about him simply because they've told you to. Much like Maximus, the show seems to be building Cooper's worth based on bad things that have happened to him rather than elaborate on whatever his passions are that motivate him to do good.

Episode 01
I'll be doing a re-watch after an initial watch. But here's some thoughts about the first few episodes...

>Cooper Howard is introduced and, simultaneously, the show cheats out our investment by showing him interacting with his daughter sans much of anything else we know about him.

>The way nuclear blasts are depicted is incredibly stupid and lacking in any basis in reality.

>Lucy MacLean shows off her skills. My immediate thought was that this was a coverall for anyone who would otherwise assume she was being Mary Sue'd until we get to the interview scene and she is immediately approved of by the Overseers. So, even before we've gotten to know anything about Lucy, she is already receiving approval from her betters. This would have been a wonderful way to generate some character motivation, by having Lucy fail her interview and realize where she was lacking and how to move forward.

>There's no reason the vaults would ever be interconnected unless that was part of some grand experiment.

>Why are 22nd-century Americans doing arranged marriages with people they've never met?

>Is the show passing off Lucy's regularly having sex with her cousin as a joke?

>Maximus is abused for no reason.

>Maximus's only friend just-so happens to be a tranny. (Incredibly bizarre to have a tranny in a world where HRT would be extremely scarce or non-existent).

>Norm MacLean walks down a super long hallway to find a mutilated body, all because he...sensed something was wrong?

>Lucy has sex while fully clothed in her wedding dress.

>Lucy scans her newlywed husband with her pip-boy because...the plot requires it?

>Stim Packs are magical healing sticks? (I realize this is a video game quirk, but the fact that they work the exact same way in a TV drama is odd considering what they literally are).

>The show repeatedly features old timey tunes drowning out ultraviolent scenes.

>Despite having Lucy, Lucy's father, and all of Lucy's friends dead to rights, the villain lets them all go after tranq-ing Lucy's father and escaping.

>Villain tells Lucy she knew Lucy's mother. Because...MYSTERY BOX!!

Episode 02

>Who is this scientist dude and why do we care about him? Because...MYSTERY BOX!?

>Guns are only a deterrent when you're not wearing plot armor.

>Maximus is treated like shit by Titus for no reason

>BOS leadership look like a bunch of assholes for no reason.

>Titus, at the brink of death, thinks it is a good idea to continue to mock and taunt Maximus short of receiving a life-saving stim pack.

>Maximus, in order to secure his future in the BOS, allows Titus to die rather than save him.

>Power Armor doesn't require training to use.

>A good 10 minutes of the episode is devoted to Maximus testing out the power armor before stopping a man from choking another man who was having sex with chickens. 10 minutes of the show setting up a lame "man has sex with chickens" joke that takes forever to get to that punchline.

>Most of the humor in the show is the same kind of Marvel-esque "that just happened" stuff.

>Lucy's talk with the shopkeeper shows complete lack of intrinsic character motivation.

>Despite ghouls apparently being shunned by society, Cooper Howard is sitting in a rocking chair in broad daylight right across the street from a shopkeeper's store.

>Cooper's plot armor kicks in and he just walks around for a bit while being shot at.

>Maximus somehow knows exactly what is going on and flies in to fight Cooper.

>Cooper is fine after getting kocked into a flight of stairs and falling from a great height (are ghouls superhuman in this show?)

>Siggli Wilzig (Michael Emerson's character) is effectively killed by the shopkeeper after being given a replacement limb that bleeds him out. Are stim packs too convenient?!

>Siggli tells Lucy to cut off his head and doesn't tell her why...because MYSTERY BOX!!

Episode 03

>Three episodes in, this is where the show really starts showing how shoddy the story construction is. It'll all be downhill from here.

>Another flashback; all part of the Mystery Box routine and reminds me of how much the show Lost has influenced modern television

>Cooper ruins a film shoot, showing how unprofessional he is.

>The film director goes off on a tangent about Communism for no reason.

>Lucy is seen, briefly, carrying Siggli's head by his hair which is only to let the audience be aware she is carrying his head.

>Once again, what exactly is motivating Maximus to do anything in this show?

>Why are bottlecaps used as currency here? Once again, a video-game carry-over despite the fact that bottlecaps were not a universal currency in the Fallout games.

>Why is Maximus trying to fight a mob of people without a plan?

>Somehow, Maximus succeeds because the rest of the mob (who were able to overpower him) ran for no reason.

>Maximus doesn't seem capable of thinking things through at all. He could have avoided the fight by hiding his power armor.

>Maximus gave up his teeth as a joke rather than get caps some other way. Again, dude is not smart at all.

>Why is Lucy off feeding bambi? Isn't she supposed to be focused on her father?

>How did Cooper sneak up on her?

>Cooper repeatedly wastes ammunition and other resources.

>Cooper shoots a Vault Boy billboard for no reason other than *drumroll* COOPER HOWARD WAS THE VAULT BOY THE WHOLE TIME!!
What if you just didn't watch it?
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 21:09
Shillitron wrote: April 19th, 2024, 15:59
Roguey wrote: April 19th, 2024, 13:41

"I like the show" - Tim Gayn
@RangerBoo Tim tries to justify the wrong dates / stupid "who nuked first" retcon around 7:30.

TL;DR - They'll explain it in Season 2!!! Don't worry!! Unless they don't... then "lore drift" is totally normal.

This whore just likes being in the spot light. It's over.
Remember that Lucas defends Disney's Star Wars and says they are great and that anybody that attacks Disney is a hater. Never mind the fact that Lucas once said selling Star Wars to Disney was like; "Selling your children to the white slavers", and Tim Cain also, I believe, said something similar like that after losing the Fallout IP to Bethesda. All these men have a price on their soul and the likes of Disney and Amazon found what the price of their soul costs. I am very curious to know what they were paid as I really want to know how much a man's soul is worth.
Also, it should come as no surprise that he quickly talks about his "cameo" in Nuka Break. He is clearly fishing for some involvement with the show. As an unemployed old faggot with a meager(for ad revenue) youtube channel, of course he is going to hustle and shill for the show.

He needs the clout and the money. Just go to his channel and take a quick glance at the metrics. Most videos on the past two months have under 20k views. Then he talks about the Fallout TV show and suddenly that video gets almost 270k views on a 111k sub channel.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Cipher wrote: April 19th, 2024, 21:29
Also, it should come as no surprise that he quickly talks about his "cameo" in Nuka Break. He is clearly fishing for some involvement with the show. As an unemployed old faggot with a meager(for ad revenue) youtube channel, of course he is going to hustle and shill for the show.

He needs the clout and the money. Just go to his channel and take a quick glance at the metrics. Most videos on the past two months have under 20k views. Then he talks about the Fallout TV show and suddenly that video gets almost 270k views on a 111k sub channel.
As I said before, you will be shocked at what people will do for a drop of clout. As I stated before on other places, these people will sell innocent children into sex slavery on Epstein's Island if it meant they get a writer or producer credit on a Hollywood production. This is the most attention Tim Cain has gotten for himself and his channel in years. Of course he is going to whore himself out and ride Amazon and Bethesda's dick as hard as he can for that sweet, sweet clout.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 19th, 2024, 21:21
What if you just didn't watch it?
Not watching a TV show makes talking about it significantly more difficult.
Last edited by Cheeseknife on April 20th, 2024, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

the entire series.
I've played Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, and Fallout 4.
what about Tactics.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Something not talked about is how TV/movie production companies are happy to copyright claim negative reviews. If you think that sounds like an exaggeration, most negative reviews of that halo tv series got copyright striked when it first released:

It's the sort of thing that if a video game developer did it, and their name didn't rhyme with Shitendo, they'd lose a massive part of their fanbase.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 20th, 2024, 05:43
Something not talked about is how TV/movie production companies are happy to copyright claim negative reviews. If you think that sounds like an exaggeration, most negative reviews of that halo tv series got copyright striked when it first released:

It's the sort of thing that if a video game developer did it, and their name didn't rhyme with Shitendo, they'd lose a massive part of their fanbase.
This isn't any different than what these companies normally do. In the end, Joe has to bend the knee like anyone else on YouTube unless he gets clever and tries to work around the copyright.

Problem is if Joe's material becomes too watered down, engagement will lapse over time.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Cheeseknife wrote: April 20th, 2024, 07:21
This isn't any different than what these companies normally do
It depends on what you mean by "these companies", as these sorts of crossovers now have two separate groups reviewing them.
There's an implicit expectation that video game developers/publishers will not copystrike videos regardless of content. The last time this happened I'm aware of, ironically with Amazon, there was a massive backlash and content creators refused to publish any content for New World until Amazon rescinded their copyright claim and apologized.
https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/am ... ke-3124596

So, could this to some extent be driving the lack of negative feedback? Perhaps. Merely having a single copyright strike on your account limits your reach and directly impacts your income. TV show/movie reviewers don't seem to care about this anywhere near as much as video game reviewers do.
Could it explain why the accounts that typically review TV & movies have been far less harsh on it than accounts that typically review video games? Yes.

Also goes back to most reviewers being shills and/or at least caring far more about their income than saying the truth. Even the supposed 'anti-woke' ones.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 20th, 2024, 07:39, edited 2 times in total.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 20th, 2024, 07:34
It depends on what you mean by "these companies", as these sorts of crossovers now have two separate groups reviewing them.
There's an implicit expectation that video game developers/publishers will not copystrike videos regardless of content. The last time this happened I'm aware of, ironically with Amazon, there was a massive backlash and content creators refused to publish any content for New World until Amazon rescinded their copyright claim and apologized.

So, could this to some extent be driving the lack of negative feedback? Perhaps. Merely having a single copyright strike on your account limits your reach and directly impacts your income. TV show/movie reviewers don't seem to care about this anywhere near as much as video game reviewers do.
Could it explain why the accounts that typically review TV & movies have been far less harsh on it than accounts that typically review video games? Yes.

Also goes back to most reviewers being shills and/or at least caring far more about their income than saying the truth. Even the supposed 'anti-woke' ones.
What I'm saying is that if Joe's reach is hindered, his content suffers and therefore his considerable subscriber base WILL take notice. Meaning whatever groups are doing this copyright bullshit need to realize they're playing with fire. Now, they COULD fuck with Joe to whatever extent that they please because, end of the day, they CAN. But the main reason they would spare the rod on Joe is because of the potential for what comes after.

Like, let us suppose the powers that be decide Joe needs to be banished into the Shadow Realm (a la Alex Jones). His followers won't roll over. It'll become an incident. Other content creators will realize they're on a very short leash and therefore a lot of online media would stand to suffer because content creators can no longer trust whether or not the footage they use for commentary is being properly utilized under Shrodinger's Fair Use.

Ultimately, let's keep an eye on this. These are very strange times and I wonder at how corporations like Amazon perceive things like the fact that negative content still drives engagement, despite being negative. That's the way I think it used to be. However, as time as gone one, people get wiser to the content being projected. With stuff like DEI and ESG out in the open, and the knowledge that consultation companies are readily forcing "diversity" and "representation" into every corner of media, Amazon cannot hide in plain sight say they aren't creating a veneer of wokeism to appeal to their niche ideologue anymore.

Welcome to 2024 where the quiet part is readily said aloud and there's no going back. The way these corporations have it, you either enjoy the slop that is fed to you or you're a racist or a bigot. No middle ground. That is the reality we're dealing with when we consider anyone on YouTube making negative content.
Last edited by Cheeseknife on April 20th, 2024, 08:35, edited 3 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Cheeseknife wrote: April 20th, 2024, 08:28
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 20th, 2024, 07:34

What I'm saying is that if Joe's reach is hindered, his content suffers and therefore his considerable subscriber base WILL take notice. Meaning whatever groups are doing this copyright bullshit need to realize they're playing with fire. Now, they COULD fuck with Joe to whatever extent that they please because, end of the day, they CAN. But the main reason they would spare the rod on Joe is because of the potential for what comes after.

Like, let us suppose the powers that be decide Joe needs to be banished into the Shadow Realm (a la Alex Jones). His followers won't roll over. It'll become an incident. Other content creators will realize they're on a very short leash and therefore a lot of online media would stand to suffer because content creators can no longer trust whether or not the footage they use for commentary is being properly utilized under Shrodinger's Fair Use.

Ultimately, let's keep an eye on this. These are very strange times and I wonder at how corporations like Amazon perceive the fact that even negative content still drives engagement.
This is true for someone like Joe, yes. But for smaller content creators they will either not touch it, or refuse to be negative about it, as a form of self-censorship to prevent harm towards their income source.
…Which coincidentally, mirrors exactly what we're seeing.
I'm not even accusing Amazon of anything, merely that content creators that cover TV/movies already know to censor their opinions out of fear of being issued a copyright claim — at least with certain studios or content types.

So as a content creator you have to think to yourself: "Is Amazon going to act the same way with their Fallout series? Who knows. Is it worth losing my source of income over taking the chance?"
Someone like Joe might be more willing to take the chance as he has such a massive subscriber base and likely in direct contact with support at YooToob. Most creators? Draw your own conclusion. The content well has been poisoned.

I'm also somewhat basing this off of Synthetic Man's coverage of, again, Paramount's Halo series. He repeatedly had his first video taken down, had to replace essentially every clip featuring content from the series, and his later videos on it just have video game footage only.
This is what a large part of his review looks like btw
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 20th, 2024, 09:04, edited 2 times in total.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 20th, 2024, 08:36

This is true for someone like Joe, yes. But for smaller content creators they will either not touch it, or refuse to be negative about it, as a form of self-censorship to prevent harm towards their income source.
…Which coincidentally, mirrors exactly what we're seeing.
I'm not even accusing Amazon of anything, merely that content creators that cover TV/movies already know to censor their opinions out of fear of being issued a copyright claim — at least with certain studios or content types.
I'm also somewhat basing this off of Synthetic Man's coverage of, again, Paramount's Halo series. He repeatedly had his first video taken down, had to replace essentially every clip featuring content from the series, and his later videos on it just have video game footage only.

So as a content creator you have to think to yourself: "Is Amazon going to act the same way with their Fallout series? Who knows. Is it worth losing my source of income over taking the chance?"
Someone like Joe might be more willing to take the chance as he has such a massive subscriber base and likely in direct contact with support at YooToob. Most creators? Draw your own conclusion. The content well has been poisoned.
We're already well past the point of no return on exactly what you're talking about. The writing is on the wall, and the reckoning has been slow-moving up until this point. Now, we recently saw a huge backlash happen as a result of Sweet Baby Incorporated attacking that Steam Curator Group. I think we can expect more of that in the future: this whole woke industry isn't going to back down. In fact, they're going to double down at every corner. Most recently, we can look at what's going on with GW making female Space Marines and Henry Cavill possibly leaving his Warhammer 40k project.

As for YouTube coverage of the entire ordeal, there's a concept in the zeitgeist known as "Grift Wars."

We're in a time where nobody has a singular "activist" purpose to cling to, but everyone seemingly wants a boogeymen to fight against. Meanwhile, everything has become "diverse" and your gender in video games can be determined by a slider. Without any direction on how to solve the problem, people have resorted throwing money at bearded men who yell at their webcam every day because it makes you feel like something is being done.

All you have to do is "Subscribe to my Patreon" and "buy my shit."

The problem is, everyone on the Internet faces the same problem: a limited audience. With a finite supply of other people's money to take, content creators start becoming divisive and form their little cliques and teams whose rhetoric starts devolving into purity spiraling. That's essentially what you're seeing go on now with the content well being poisoned. This happens every five years or so. Everyone put reputation into a pot and play their hands. At the end of it, some people are cast aside while others rise to the top.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

:scratch:

How serious am I meant to take positive reviews if I know the content well is poisoned and creators are definitely self-censoring?
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 20th, 2024, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Cheeseknife wrote: April 20th, 2024, 09:04
people have resorted throwing money at bearded men who yell at their webcam every day because it makes you feel like something is being done.

All you have to do is "Subscribe to my Patreon" and "buy my shit."
True, that's no way to solve the problem.
Completely unrelated, did everyone here know that you can monetarily contribute to the HQ?
https://rpghq.org/donate
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 20th, 2024, 09:05

How serious am I meant to take positive reviews if I know the content well is poisoned and creators are definitely self-censoring?
Synth wasn't the only one, I know that much.

I've talked with RangerBoo about this topic a few times and one of the things I'm convinced of is that these corpos pretty much know they're not delivering art to their consumers. They're delivering a product. Meaning, the end-game is not to gain a return on investment based on good writing, but a return on investment based on good marketing. Initially, Synth and others will be stymied in the beginning, but after a time they won't be.

That's probably what you're seeing here. They go on the attack when it's most expedient and relax their attacks when the product is well into implementation. After enough people have taken the bait and subscribed to their slop, Amazon won't really need to press the attack on negative press anymore because they've already a return on investment.

Just a theory.
Last edited by Cheeseknife on April 20th, 2024, 09:14, edited 2 times in total.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 20th, 2024, 09:08
True, that's no way to solve the problem.
Completely unrelated, did everyone here know that you can monetarily contribute to the HQ?
https://rpghq.org/donate
Only place I have been able to find "no alphabets" for BG3 since Nexus mods have their heads up their asses. That's worth donating to.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Still cant get over how much they swarthed Mr. House.

Last edited by Nammu Archag on April 20th, 2024, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

Nammu Archag wrote: April 20th, 2024, 13:51

They could've just deep-faked Rene's face onto an actor instead, then given him an AI voice-over.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

By the way, to further prove that Fallout is now just Todd and Emil's fanfiction, is that two major characters in the show, the guy who inspired the Vault Boy last name is Howard and his friend is named Emil. Just come the fuck on!
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

logincrash wrote: April 19th, 2024, 05:04
It's all so tiresome.
I reached my limit years ago. I don't even watch shows or movies anymore. I won't participate in being humiliated over and over again. I do get some entertainment from reading threads like these, though. So thanks guys. :read:
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Nammu Archag wrote: April 20th, 2024, 13:51

Is there anyone in Hollywood masculine enough to even come close to the 1950s archetype that Mr.House embodies?. Square jaw, moustache?.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 20th, 2024, 09:05

Does Synth upload to any other platform?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

gastovski wrote: April 18th, 2024, 22:51
Rand wrote: April 18th, 2024, 20:24
Anon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 12:37
I've been thinking, if they just made the series in an entirely new US region instead of in one where there's heavy lore development already, all this lore drama would've been avoided.
Fallout Florida.
Think of the possibilities!

Note: No super mutants, deathclaws, radscorpions, yao guai, or any other monster from the original games should be there.
No Brotherhood of Steel, either.

New creatures and factions only.

Part of the game, of course, takes place at *not* Disneyland and the resorts.
Florida wont work, it needs to be historically rich area. For example West Virginia is shit place but it has some interesting stuff for USA history.
No, because its fiction, and in the Fallout universe, the war was fought over control of dwindling resources. The commonwealth would be mining the fuck out of WV, and being scifi, could have been used for anything. The limits they choose to work around, in a setting they've owned for 20 years, are retarded and gay. I can do better.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

Breathe wrote: April 21st, 2024, 02:05

No. But he might have to, in the future.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Cheeseknife wrote: April 21st, 2024, 02:44

I know. I'm surprised he doesn't already. They could shut him down anytime if they wanted.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Breathe wrote: April 21st, 2024, 03:00
Cheeseknife wrote: April 21st, 2024, 02:44

I know. I'm surprised he doesn't already. They could shut him down anytime if they wanted.
someone needs to extend to him an invite to the HQ :scratch:
Last edited by Nammu Archag on April 21st, 2024, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The more I look into copyright strikes against negative reviews, the more amazed I am that it's not used in gaming. It seems essentially every studio/production company/whatever does this. If you want to create a negative review for a TV show or movie that just released, you simply can not use material from it. How are you meant to review something you cannot actually show to the audience?

How is this not a more talked about subject?
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 21st, 2024, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 21st, 2024, 13:46
The more I look into copyright strikes against negative reviews, the more amazed I am that it's not used in gaming. It seems essentially every studio/production company/whatever does this. If you want to create a negative review for a TV show or movie that just released, you simply can not use material from it. How are you meant to review something you cannot actually show to the audience?

How is this not a more talked about subject?
I think you've answered your own question. If something is difficult to talk about without an illustration or requires critical thinking, most people tend to skip over it. Attention spans are pretty much shot.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

Recently watched Episode 06. They did a "pity me, for I am a woman" monologue with Cooper Howard's wife that was reminiscent of Marvel's She-hulk.

In a flashback, Cooper is talking to his wife about Vault Tec and she goes on a short rant about how much she had to "suffer" at home while he was off fighting:

Barb: "So the bomb falls and you want to know about your wardrobe?!"

Cooper: "No, I want to know about my freedom! I didn't go to war, defending that freedom, so that I could live in a cellar under the boot-heel of Chairman Budd Askins."

Barb: "And while you were away, at war? I stayed home..."

Cooper: "...I know you did."

Barb: "I was checking the mail every day! I was waiting by the phone every night! And every night I was driving myself crazy imagining the worst! So, you do not need to tell me how bad war is. Every day I go into work and I think about how humanity can survive a nuclear event that will wipe out 90% of life on earth, and I come home and you're talking to me about hiding out in a ranch up in Bakersfield! I don't even know what planet you're on, sometimes, Coop..."

So, there you go.

"Women are the primary victims of war."
-Hillary Clinton

Real smooth, Emil.

Oh, how women have suffered because they were sitting in the comfort of their own homes, checking the mail and waiting by the phone on the off chance their husbands died. What a cruel world!
Last edited by Cheeseknife on April 21st, 2024, 18:35, edited 2 times in total.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

I have seen that small cips showing so called "victim/wife" nonsense, one of the reasons i wont be watching this