We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout 4 tv show from Amazon

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Rand wrote: April 19th, 2024, 06:24
RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 06:01
Another thing to bring up too is how tone death the violence is in this show.
Is that just good wordplay, or did you mess up "tone deaf"?
Fixed it.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 19th, 2024, 06:33
This show target audience:

"This show is so good you just hate bethesda and amazon uuuuuuuuu"

"Akshuallyyyyy... Fallout has always been goofy."

"Akshyallyyyy... Fallout has always been a satire of capitalism."

"Akshuallyyy... the show is not woke at all. What does 'woke' even mean? You are just looking for stuff to hate and complain."
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Cipher wrote: April 19th, 2024, 06:50
"Akshuallyyyyy... Fallout has always been goofy."

"Akshyallyyyy... Fallout has always been a satire of capitalism."

"Akshuallyyy... the show is not woke at all. What does 'woke' even mean? You are just looking for stuff to hate and complain."
Oh, wow, I'm actually triggered. Not in a "Wah, my feeling are hurt" but in a "seeing red berserker rage" kinda way.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Apparently MauLer surprised everyone and attacked both Drinker and Nerdrotic for liking the show. He stated that the show is a complete rape of the lore and said the reason for the fan divide for the show is because OG Fallout and New Vegas fans want a "Thinking Mans Fallout" while Bethesda and their fans want "Clown Fallout" and this show is "Clown Fallout". Drinker then let it slip that he has only ever played Fallout 4 and 76 and based all his understanding of Fallout from them. Shocking. Will give the fat Welshman some credit in being objective for once and calling people out for not understanding the lore of the OG Fallout's and New Vegas.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 19th, 2024, 07:22, edited 2 times in total.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 07:20
Apparently MauLer surprised everyone and attacked both Drinker and Nerdrotic for liking the show. He stated that the show is a complete rape of the lore and said the reason for the fan divide for the show is because OG Fallout and New Vegas fans want a "Thinking Mans Fallout" while Bethesda and their fans want "Clown Fallout" and this show is "Clown Fallout". Drinker then let it slip that he has only ever played Fallout 4 and 76 and based all his understanding of Fallout from them. Shocking. Will give the fat Welshman some credit in being objective for once and calling people out for not understanding the lore of the OG Fallout's and New Vegas.
Critical Grifter talking out of his ass again?

But yeah, everyone that is claiming this show "gets" Fallout or that it "captures the feel of the games" has only played Bethesda's games.

Bethesda Fallout is Junktown everywhere, nukacola, "atom bomb" music everywhere, Brotherhood of Steel everywhere and Enclave everywhere.

I repeat, the Critical Grifter made a video around a year ago called "what is Woke?" Where he cried like a feminist that the word has lost all meaning, if it ever had any to begin with.

Here are some excerpts from that video:

"See looking at this thing (wokeness) from a neutral perspective, I think most sensible level headed people will probably accept 2 things:

1.- Raising awareness of social, cultural and environmental issues isn't a bad a thing. Neither is encouraging people to look at a world from different perspectives. Or give historically underepresented groups or problems a little more visibility and attention. Or trying to move beyond tiring and damaging old stereotypes.

2.- Pushing all of this stuff too hard, too aggresively or with ill intentions is having a damaging effects is hurting modern entertainment. Instead of encouraging people from broadening their minds and consider new perspectives, its basically lecturing and browbeating them into thinking in the way the creators want them to think.

[...]Historically, women haven't been well represented in movies, TV and video games. Yeah, there's been definitely been examples of awesome female characters from almost every decade of entertainment, but there's also been stereotypes of overtly emotional damsels in distress, incompetent empty headed bimbos and overlysexualized fantasy figures. Needless to say, those ideas are dated and unrealistic. And the thing is, recent decades have seen a change in those attitudes. With more and more stories presenting women as strong, capable, empowered and complex. Great stuff! And a well deserves rebalancing of the scales."

The video has more gems like these, straight out of a Feminist Frequency video script. I won't bore you with the rest, but he spends talking 2 minutes about LGBT in media in the same manner.

So, it is extremely funny to me when people claim THIS is the guy. He has never been "based" and has always been a grifter that is in it for the money to keep selling his shitty novels and now movies.

I only hope that after this people realize that he has absolutely no integrity and only says what will make his audience clap.

I do gotta hand it to him, his videos making the same poop jokes over an over again was a great way of "playing to the audience" style of comedy.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Where did you find all this? I looked at amuler youtube and twitter and there is nothing like you describing.
Faceless_Sentinel

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 08:21
he's a grifter who acts as a pressure release valve
You're overestimating him. Just listen to this (turns out he has a game channel), it's pure populism, no opinion whatsoever.

RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 19th, 2024, 09:29
Where did you find all this? I looked at amuler youtube and twitter and there is nothing like you describing.
It was on yesterday's Open Bar. A weekly podcast he does with Drinker and Nerdrotic. The recoding of their podcast will be up on Saturday on Drinker's channel.
Faceless_Sentinel

RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 09:47
Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 19th, 2024, 09:29
It was on yesterday's Open Bar. A weekly podcast he does with Drinker and Nerdrotic. The recoding of their podcast will be up on Saturday on Drinker's channel.
In that case, you owe us a timecode link!
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

The recoding of their podcast will be up on Saturday on Drinker's channel.
Here's the stream:

31:06 is the start of the Fallout discussion.
56:34 is hilarious. "It's fucking weird. I'm defending a show against charges of being woke from Mauler. What has happened to this world?" Yeah, a good question, isn't it? I have no idea how the fuck the Drinker came to his conclusions about the show. It's actually baffling.
That one old guy (other than Drinker and Nerdrotic, lel) sounded like an absolute retard with the shittiest taste possible.
He said New Vegas is the only Fallout he's finished yet was adamant that the BoS lead zeppelin first appeared in that game. He also said that this show got a lot right about it. He then later stated that Big Mouth (the most jewish cartoon possible) is his favourite adult comedy cartoon with smart writing. That dude was more aggravating than the Drinker.
Last edited by logincrash on April 24th, 2024, 17:56, edited 3 times in total.
StudiedAsleep

Post by StudiedAsleep »

RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 04:57
Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 19th, 2024, 04:46
RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 04:36
The real test will if this show gets a third season. I think it will but I think the bad writing and lore breaks will become more apparent in the second season that many people will drop the show.
Cope harder.
Seems you don't know the "Bait and Switch" that many showrunners do nowadays. They make a show that normies at first love then in the second season hit them like a brick in the face with "The Message". Amazon did this with The Boys, Disney did this with The Mandalorian, Netflix did this with Stranger Things. Happens all the time nowadays in Hollywood. I believe it was Neil Drunkmann who endorsed doing this saying; "Sometimes you need to put the shredded carrot in the brownie mix. As a writer and showrunner you need to trick the audience in order to get your message across." Straight from the Jews mouth.
The bait and switch tactic often happens only 2-3 episodes in as well as they know you’ve already invested your time so you’re likely to continue with it. The practice is disgusting. I don’t even remember the last time I watched a western show, mainly because of this.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 05:20
A lot of comments, that aren't bots, are from people saying; "I never played the games but I thought the show is good." or "I never played the games but from what I read it appears to be lore accurate."
I'm seeing the opposite

They're not bots, but they're so very NPC-like. "I-have-played-every-Fallout-game-and-the-show-is-great-beep-boop."
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

whether you like it or not depends on whether you worship globohomo or not, that's it
hope that clears some things up
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

logincrash wrote: April 19th, 2024, 10:17
The recoding of their podcast will be up on Saturday on Drinker's channel.
Here's the unlisted stream:

31:06 is the start of the Fallout discussion.
56:34 is hilarious. "It's fucking weird. I'm defending a show against charges of being woke from Mauler. What has happened to this world?" Yeah, a good question, isn't it? I have no idea how the fuck the Drinker came to his conclusions about the show. It's actually baffling.
That one old guy (other than Drinker and Nerdrotic, lel) sounded like an absolute retard with the shittiest taste possible.
He said New Vegas is the only Fallout he's finished yet was adamant that the BoS lead zeppelin first appeared in that game. He also said that this show got a lot right about it. He then later stated that Big Mouth (the most jewish cartoon possible) is his favourite adult comedy cartoon with smart writing. That dude was more aggravating than the Drinker.
So... at around the 55 min mark Nerdrotic said he didn't like it, that the show got worse as the episodes progressed and that the DEI was obvious.

I am not a fan of his but just to point out that it seems only the Critical Grifter and that other old guy liked the show.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

1:22:21 - also a hilarious line. "I'm no longer accepting "He's a retard" as a response to [criticism of a character on the show]."
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Roguey wrote: April 19th, 2024, 10:37
RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 05:20
A lot of comments, that aren't bots, are from people saying; "I never played the games but I thought the show is good." or "I never played the games but from what I read it appears to be lore accurate."
I'm seeing the opposite

They're not bots, but they're so very NPC-like. "I-have-played-every-Fallout-game-and-the-show-is-great-beep-boop."
I've noticed this too. However, this is a very common thing that Bethesda fanboys say in order to prop up Bethesda and defend Bethesda Fallout's. All you have to do is ask them; "What was your favorite part in Fallout 1 or 2 and explain why." and you will hear crickets. Also, Elon has yet to ban bots off Twitter. He says he will but he is receiving a lot of pushback from megacorps telling him not to or they will pull advertising from Twitter. Gee, I wonder why these companies are so protective of their bot accounts.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Now someone needs to ask the Tim Cain in the closet what he thinks
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

StudiedAsleep wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:26
wndrbr wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:22
StudiedAsleep wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:17
So did anyone actually watch this trash?
thanks to all the hate-watchers the show was an overwhelming success. Amazon just renewed it for season 2.
Why do people waste their time watching something they hate. The series was obviously bad idk why anyone would even consider wasting their energy on it.
I was hoping it was gonna be "So bad it's good" and it got there a few times where I actually laughed out loud.. but overall it was just boring and I dropped it.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Roguey wrote: April 19th, 2024, 13:41

"I like the show" - Tim Gayn
@RangerBoo Tim tries to justify the wrong dates / stupid "who nuked first" retcon around 7:30.

TL;DR - They'll explain it in Season 2!!! Don't worry!! Unless they don't... then "lore drift" is totally normal.

This whore just likes being in the spot light. It's over.
Last edited by Shillitron on April 19th, 2024, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

"I don't think you should make personal attacks about this - cut that out please" - Ewhore-Tim

No. :smug:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: April 19th, 2024, 16:03
"I don't think you should make personal attacks about this - cut that out please" - Ewhore-Tim

No. :smug:
Celebrities(minor or otherwise) demanding you don't personally attack them or other celebrities(again, minor or otherwise) is reneging on their side of the implicit contract. Everything they get is because they're willing to put their name next to it, you can't just ask for only the good and none of the bad, that's not how it works. The constant demand to not have any of the bad is merely done in bad faith, and they know it.
Anon

Post by Anon »

It's pretty clear that Tim is shilling for these corporations for some easy employment or fame.

Hope Bethesda and others keep acting like corporations and keep giving Tim the middle finger.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

He was invited to the premier. Of course he's a shill for it.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Imagine selling yourself over some food plate. These OG morons are really cheap.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

I was expecting something like that from Nerdrotic the lorecaring guy like me when he has not done any video about this show. I havent watched it but looks like like every subversive degenerate shows first several episodes looking "okay" then wokeness comes at full force.
Cheeseknife

Post by Cheeseknife »

Been watching the show in preparation for a video review I'm going to do on the entire series. I've played Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, and Fallout 4.

First, this show has a "Mystery Box" construction. Everything is being set up in a "who is that?" and "what is that?" kind of way where you're supposed to be at the edge of your seat wondering when the show is going to tell you what all this stuff means and why the characters are even important. The problem with this is the inevitable dead-ending we saw years and years ago with JJ Abram's Lost series where the story seems to be catering itself to a specific destination and the characters end up doing the stupidest things in order to see that destination reached.

Let me talk briefly about the characters...

Lucy MacLean
Most easily understood motivation for doing anything in the story. Her vault was raided and her father was taken away. Naturally, she wants to find him and will brave the wasteland to do so. This is a cliche that we've seen in both Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, but it is at least a motivating factor. The issues are that the story can't just have this plot be as cut-and-dry as "raiders took my father and I need to get him back" and the desire to save one's family from danger--while good--is also a very generic motivation. Otherwise, one doesn't really know what Lucy's main goal in life is or what her underlying passion is.

Maximus
Joined the BOS after being saved by a knight. Note he gets inspired by the suit of armor, but that seems to be the extent of it. Maximus likes power armor. Otherwise, there's zero driving force for anything that Maximus does. Most of the BOS treats him like trash and they cast suspicion on him without proof. Titus has him take point at the yao guai cave despite wearing a full suit of power armor. Then Maxiumus continues the mission after watching Titus die despite the fact that he has no reason to. The BOS has screwed him over at every waking moment, yet he continues the mission? Like, what the hell?

I suspect part of what is supposed to compel us to like Maximus is because he is downtrodden and abused by others. Sure, that's sad, but it doesn't mean I should like them or agree with what they're doing. That's even the problem with Lucy's mission. For both Lucy and Maximus, just being aware of what they're trying to do doesn't mean I suddenly like them or think what they're doing is compelling or worthwhile. The show doesn't do anything to convince you that either character is achieving anything that is ultimately worthwhile.

Cooper Howard
If the show wasn't trying to make it super obvious that "The Ghoul" had Main Character powers, you would otherwise assume he was a bad guy doing bad things. However, the narrative is continually shaping and reshaping Cooper's plot armor to frustrating degree which just tells me the show wants us to care about him simply because they've told you to. Much like Maximus, the show seems to be building Cooper's worth based on bad things that have happened to him rather than elaborate on whatever his passions are that motivate him to do good.

Episode 01
I'll be doing a re-watch after an initial watch. But here's some thoughts about the first few episodes...

>Cooper Howard is introduced and, simultaneously, the show cheats out our investment by showing him interacting with his daughter sans much of anything else we know about him.

>The way nuclear blasts are depicted is incredibly stupid and lacking in any basis in reality.

>Lucy MacLean shows off her skills. My immediate thought was that this was a coverall for anyone who would otherwise assume she was being Mary Sue'd until we get to the interview scene and she is immediately approved of by the Overseers. So, even before we've gotten to know anything about Lucy, she is already receiving approval from her betters. This would have been a wonderful way to generate some character motivation, by having Lucy fail her interview and realize where she was lacking and how to move forward.

>There's no reason the vaults would ever be interconnected unless that was part of some grand experiment.

>Why are 22nd-century Americans doing arranged marriages with people they've never met?

>Is the show passing off Lucy's regularly having sex with her cousin as a joke?

>Maximus is abused for no reason.

>Maximus's only friend just-so happens to be a tranny. (Incredibly bizarre to have a tranny in a world where HRT would be extremely scarce or non-existent).

>Norm MacLean walks down a super long hallway to find a mutilated body, all because he...sensed something was wrong?

>Lucy has sex while fully clothed in her wedding dress.

>Lucy scans her newlywed husband with her pip-boy because...the plot requires it?

>Stim Packs are magical healing sticks? (I realize this is a video game quirk, but the fact that they work the exact same way in a TV drama is odd considering what they literally are).

>The show repeatedly features old timey tunes drowning out ultraviolent scenes.

>Despite having Lucy, Lucy's father, and all of Lucy's friends dead to rights, the villain lets them all go after tranq-ing Lucy's father and escaping.

>Villain tells Lucy she knew Lucy's mother. Because...MYSTERY BOX!!

Episode 02

>Who is this scientist dude and why do we care about him? Because...MYSTERY BOX!?

>Guns are only a deterrent when you're not wearing plot armor.

>Maximus is treated like shit by Titus for no reason

>BOS leadership look like a bunch of assholes for no reason.

>Titus, at the brink of death, thinks it is a good idea to continue to mock and taunt Maximus short of receiving a life-saving stim pack.

>Maximus, in order to secure his future in the BOS, allows Titus to die rather than save him.

>Power Armor doesn't require training to use.

>A good 10 minutes of the episode is devoted to Maximus testing out the power armor before stopping a man from choking another man who was having sex with chickens. 10 minutes of the show setting up a lame "man has sex with chickens" joke that takes forever to get to that punchline.

>Most of the humor in the show is the same kind of Marvel-esque "that just happened" stuff.

>Lucy's talk with the shopkeeper shows complete lack of intrinsic character motivation.

>Despite ghouls apparently being shunned by society, Cooper Howard is sitting in a rocking chair in broad daylight right across the street from a shopkeeper's store.

>Cooper's plot armor kicks in and he just walks around for a bit while being shot at.

>Maximus somehow knows exactly what is going on and flies in to fight Cooper.

>Cooper is fine after getting kocked into a flight of stairs and falling from a great height (are ghouls superhuman in this show?)

>Siggli Wilzig (Michael Emerson's character) is effectively killed by the shopkeeper after being given a replacement limb that bleeds him out. Are stim packs too convenient?!

>Siggli tells Lucy to cut off his head and doesn't tell her why...because MYSTERY BOX!!

Episode 03

>Three episodes in, this is where the show really starts showing how shoddy the story construction is. It'll all be downhill from here.

>Another flashback; all part of the Mystery Box routine and reminds me of how much the show Lost has influenced modern television

>Cooper ruins a film shoot, showing how unprofessional he is.

>The film director goes off on a tangent about Communism for no reason.

>Lucy is seen, briefly, carrying Siggli's head by his hair which is only to let the audience be aware she is carrying his head.

>Once again, what exactly is motivating Maximus to do anything in this show?

>Why are bottlecaps used as currency here? Once again, a video-game carry-over despite the fact that bottlecaps were not a universal currency in the Fallout games.

>Why is Maximus trying to fight a mob of people without a plan?

>Somehow, Maximus succeeds because the rest of the mob (who were able to overpower him) ran for no reason.

>Maximus doesn't seem capable of thinking things through at all. He could have avoided the fight by hiding his power armor.

>Maximus gave up his teeth as a joke rather than get caps some other way. Again, dude is not smart at all.

>Why is Lucy off feeding bambi? Isn't she supposed to be focused on her father?

>How did Cooper sneak up on her?

>Cooper repeatedly wastes ammunition and other resources.

>Cooper shoots a Vault Boy billboard for no reason other than *drumroll* COOPER HOWARD WAS THE VAULT BOY THE WHOLE TIME!!
Last edited by Cheeseknife on April 19th, 2024, 19:06, edited 6 times in total.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Shillitron wrote: April 19th, 2024, 15:59
Roguey wrote: April 19th, 2024, 13:41

"I like the show" - Tim Gayn
@RangerBoo Tim tries to justify the wrong dates / stupid "who nuked first" retcon around 7:30.

TL;DR - They'll explain it in Season 2!!! Don't worry!! Unless they don't... then "lore drift" is totally normal.

This whore just likes being in the spot light. It's over.
Remember that Lucas defends Disney's Star Wars and says they are great and that anybody that attacks Disney is a hater. Never mind the fact that Lucas once said selling Star Wars to Disney was like; "Selling your children to the white slavers", and Tim Cain also, I believe, said something similar like that after losing the Fallout IP to Bethesda. All these men have a price on their soul and the likes of Disney and Amazon found what the price of their soul costs. I am very curious to know what they were paid as I really want to know how much a man's soul is worth.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 19th, 2024, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 21:09
I am very curious to know what they were paid as I really want to know how much a man's soul is worth.
With Tim it was just inviting him to the premiere and letting him mix it up with film and tv people.