We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Fallout 4 tv show from Amazon

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Anon

Post by Anon »

gerey wrote: April 18th, 2024, 13:11
Anon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 13:04
all these factions are spreadout through all of US
Only if you go by Bethesda "canon".

Brotherhood of Steel was local, and by the time Fallout 2 comes around are a spent force barely hanging on. Same thing with the super mutants - they were a direct result of the Master's experiments, and without him and his facilities, and lacking the ability to reproduce, they were destined for extinction by the end of Fallout 1. The NCR is, obviously, local to California. Ditto for the Enclave, from everything we know in Fallout 2, they were solely based on the Oil Rig, with a few outposts scattered around the Fallout 1/2 map.

I can't quite recall how widespread the contamination and mutation of the wildlife was due to the FEV getting released into the atmosphere, but I seriously doubt it would reach the East Coast.

Bethesda pretty much took all the iconic stuff from the two original games and transplanted to the East Coast without rhyme or reason, mostly because they lack the ability to create anything worthwhile of their own, as Starfield has shown.
True I've never thought deeply about it but you're 100% right
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

This dipshit is trying to tell people that; "Guys, Obsidian is defending the show and the lore changes. Therefore the show is good." Never mind the fact that many of the devs that worked on New Vegas are gone now. Also, you will notice that this shill is getting quite a bit of negative comments telling him things like; "And Lucas defends Disney's Star Wars but that doesn't mean it's good." Guess Amazon forgot to run the bots today. Also, anyone else find it strange how the likes of LegacyKillaHD and TK Mantis who all got their starts shitting on Bethesda are now some of Bethesda's biggest defenders when it comes to this show. You can't make it anymore obvious that these reviewers have been bought off even if you tried.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 18th, 2024, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Shillitron wrote: April 18th, 2024, 12:19
claiming FO76 was a "purdy good game" is just a massive cope though. Anyone who watched that trash fire knows that Bethesda spent their entire political capital there. Between the Nylon Bags, Bethesda leaking peoples information, the aggressive microtransactions, the bugs (lighting, falling through the world, etc) and the lack of content (no npcs!!). Fallout 76 was a blunder and it's peak sales on steam are lower than New Vegas.
I believe FO76 is actually an acceptable, decent game now, after 6 years of work and massive patches.
Of course a game requiring 6 years to just get to decent is still a monumental fuck up.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Anon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 12:37
I've been thinking, if they just made the series in an entirely new US region instead of in one where there's heavy lore development already, all this lore drama would've been avoided.
Fallout Florida.
Think of the possibilities!

Note: No super mutants, deathclaws, radscorpions, yao guai, or any other monster from the original games should be there.
No Brotherhood of Steel, either.

New creatures and factions only.

Part of the game, of course, takes place at *not* Disneyland and the resorts.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Anon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 17:15
Anon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 13:04
all these factions are spreadout through all of US

Brotherhood of Steel was local, and by the time Fallout 2 comes around are a spent force barely hanging on. Same thing with the super mutants - they were a direct result of the Master's experiments, and without him and his facilities, and lacking the ability to reproduce, they were destined for extinction by the end of Fallout 1. The NCR is, obviously, local to California. Ditto for the Enclave, from everything we know in Fallout 2, they were solely based on the Oil Rig, with a few outposts scattered around the Fallout 1/2 map.

I can't quite recall how widespread the contamination and mutation of the wildlife was due to the FEV getting released into the atmosphere, but I seriously doubt it would reach the East Coast.

Bethesda pretty much took all the iconic stuff from the two original games and transplanted to the East Coast without rhyme or reason, mostly because they lack the ability to create anything worthwhile of their own, as Starfield has shown.
Element

Post by Element »

Rand wrote: April 18th, 2024, 20:27
Anon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 17:15

To nitpick, prohibition era mobsters with tommy guns was a Fallout 2 thing
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Rand wrote: April 18th, 2024, 20:24
I've been thinking, if they just made the series in an entirely new US region instead of in one where there's heavy lore development already, all this lore drama would've been avoided.
Fallout Florida.

Note: No super mutants, deathclaws, radscorpions, yao guai, or any other monster from the original games should be there.

I believe the cut storyline (back in Black Isle days) about the EPA with mutated giant animals ws supposed to be set in Florida.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Element wrote: April 18th, 2024, 20:40
To nitpick, prohibition era mobsters with tommy guns was a Fallout 2 thing
Yep. And I called it stupid then, too.
Nobody's saying Fallout 2 was perfect, but it wasn't retarded like Bethesda's lame copies of Fallout and Fallout 2.
Last edited by Rand on April 18th, 2024, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

Fallout Florida.

Florida wont work, it needs to be historically rich area. For example West Virginia is shit place but it has some interesting stuff for USA history.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

gastovski wrote: April 18th, 2024, 22:51
Fallout Florida.

Florida wont work, it needs to be historically rich area. For example West Virginia is shit place but it has some interesting stuff for USA history.

Fallout: Detroit - Nothing has changed....?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Fallout Florida.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_of_Dreams
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

StudiedAsleep wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:17
So did anyone actually watch this trash?
thanks to all the hate-watchers the show was an overwhelming success. Amazon just renewed it for season 2.
StudiedAsleep

Post by StudiedAsleep »

wndrbr wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:22
thanks to all the hate-watchers the show was an overwhelming success. Amazon just renewed it for season 2.
Why do people waste their time watching something they hate. The series was obviously bad idk why anyone would even consider wasting their energy on it.
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

Amazon also announced season 2 of Rings of Power as soon as it was released. Two years later, we're still waiting. It's probably a PR move, in both cases the entire marketing strategy was to portray both shows as massively successful in order to induce FOMO on potential viewers.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Nah, it was the normies. The shills really sold this to the normies then the grifters sold it to their sycophant clapping seals that need to watch their "reviews" to know which opinion they should have.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

average person watching this has probably never played a game that isn't something like candy crush, fifa, or call of duty
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

So did Velma and Rings of Power. Most bad shows get a second season. I learned from Clownfish TV that the reason a lot of shows get a second season is because many of these showrunners are contractually obligated to create a certain amount of episodes. For instance. Mindy Kaling was contractually obligated by WB to create 16 episodes of Velma. So she split the 16 episodes into 8 episodes and 2 seasons. They do this because it is both easier for production and it doesn't make the detractors look like they won. I am sure the showrunners for the Fallout show were contractually obligated to create 16 episodes as well and they too split them into two 8 episode seasons. The real test will if this show gets a third season. I think it will but I think the bad writing and lore breaks will become more apparent in the second season that many people will drop the show. Will be shocked if the show gets four seasons.

What I am looking forward to is the second season ruining the Legion. I know for a fact that Emil and Todd, as well as the feminist's writers, want them for the show. They will be the perfect stand ins for Trump and his supporters and these fucking hacks can not help themselves. The "Legion are Trump and his supporters" analogy is something that Emil can not pass up. This was the genius who thought he was so smart with the Republican cannibals in Fallout 3. I know that this will be too much for him to pass up on.

Also, if Todd and Bezos think this show is going to be winning any Emmy's and Golden Globe awards they forgot that House of the Dragon's second season comes out later this year and once it does most normies are going to forget about Fallout and realize how terribly written the Fallout show is compared to House of the Dragon. Looking forward to the cope from Bethesda shills and fanboys.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 19th, 2024, 05:03, edited 7 times in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 04:36
The real test will if this show gets a third season. I think it will but I think the bad writing and lore breaks will become more apparent in the second season that many people will drop the show.
Cope harder.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 19th, 2024, 04:46
The real test will if this show gets a third season. I think it will but I think the bad writing and lore breaks will become more apparent in the second season that many people will drop the show.
Cope harder.
Seems you don't know the "Bait and Switch" that many showrunners do nowadays. They make a show that normies at first love then in the second season hit them like a brick in the face with "The Message". Amazon did this with The Boys, Disney did this with The Mandalorian, Netflix did this with Stranger Things. Happens all the time nowadays in Hollywood. I believe it was Neil Drunkmann who endorsed doing this saying; "Sometimes you need to put the shredded carrot in the brownie mix. As a writer and showrunner you need to trick the audience in order to get your message across." Straight from the Jews mouth.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 19th, 2024, 05:01, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

StudiedAsleep wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:26
Why do people waste their time watching something they hate. The series was obviously bad idk why anyone would even consider wasting their energy on it.
It was the normies.
In my city, most of the central subway stations have every poster frame and pillar decked out in Fallout show promo stuff.
Hundreds of thousands of wagie normies see this shit daily. They're herd animals and highly suggestible.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Rand wrote: April 19th, 2024, 05:12
StudiedAsleep wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:26
It was the normies.
In my city, most of the central subway stations have every poster frame and pillar decked out in Fallout show promo stuff.
Hundreds of thousands of wagie normies see this shit daily. They're herd animals and highly suggestible.
That is the general consensus that I am seeing. A lot of comments, that aren't bots, are from people saying; "I never played the games but I thought the show is good." or "I never played the games but from what I read it appears to be lore accurate." This show was not made for gamers. It was made for normies and boomers who never played a game, any game, in their life. All the showrunners did was sprinkle a little Easter eggs into the show to make the Reddit soyboys clap like seals when they saw them and make them think that this is Fallout.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 19th, 2024, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 04:57
Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 19th, 2024, 04:46
Cope harder.
Seems you don't know the "Bait and Switch" that many showrunners do nowadays. They make a show that normies at first love then in the second season hit them like a brick in the face with "The Message". Amazon did this with The Boys, Disney did this with The Mandalorian, Netflix did this with Stranger Things. Happens all the time nowadays in Hollywood. I believe it was Neil Drunkmann who endorsed doing this saying; "Sometimes you need to put the shredded carrot in the brownie mix. As a writer and showrunner you need to trick the audience in order to get your message across." Straight from the Jews mouth.
every single big Sony exclusive did the bait and switch. it's a well-known strategy. hook audiences with the first season or the first game, then ramp up the poz for the sequel.
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

Another thing to bring up too is how tone deaf the violence is in this show. In the show the Enclave kill a puppy and it is played off for laughs as well as to show that these are the bad guys. (Animal killing and abuse is the worse way to showcase a character or faction being evil. It is amateurish. Something you are told in first year college writing classes to never do.) As someone on Creetosis's video stated:

"Yes. Its the Deadpool curse. All violence and suffering is now comic relief. Of course when they rarely try to make it serious it falls flat because they've already primed the viewer to laugh at it. Its pervasive throughout mainstream media. A reddit attitude towards violence. A weak way of coping with the fact that violence absolutely terrifies them. To contrast; Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now and Stanley Kubricks Full Metal Jacket are both horrifically brutal and yet often funny films. The difference is that the joke isnt the violence itself, its not "look at this wacky absurdity, isnt violence wacky and absurd", its "look at these insane people living in hell" and the viewers response can be either horror or humor depending on their personal disposition."

I would also like to point out that violence in Fallout was never meant to be seen as funny and whacky. The player was suppose to be horrified and unsettled at the violence and suffering they witnessed. In Fallout 1 Necropolis is massacred by the Master's army. In Fallout 2 you witness Frank Horrigan casually murder an entire family right before your very eyes. In New Vegas you witness the Legion massacre an entire town. None of this was played for laughs. It was to show how brutal the wasteland is, how brutal and merciless the games villains are and how violence like this is a fact of life for the wasteland. The audience is suppose to feel shocked and uncomfortable. Not laugh out loud. Bethesda and especially Emil lack the ability to make the audience take something seriously. To them everything is ironic humor and shouldn't be taken seriously.
Last edited by RangerBoo on April 19th, 2024, 06:43, edited 3 times in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

RangerBoo wrote: April 19th, 2024, 06:01
Another thing to bring up too is how tone death the violence is in this show.
Is that just good wordplay, or did you mess up "tone deaf"?
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

This show target audience:

"This show is so good you just hate bethesda and amazon uuuuuuuuu"