We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

More bad news for Star Wars fans...

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Goby wrote: April 13th, 2024, 03:14
Statesman wrote: April 8th, 2024, 14:54
Have Star Wars fans had any good news since 2012?
Many people got fooled with the first season of Mandalorian
I never understood why the first season of the Mandalorian was praised. People kept saying "you have to watch this!" so I did and I kept waiting for it to get good, and it never did. The show absolutely dragged. On the macrolevel, there was far too many filler scenes and episodes, and on the microlevel the scenes took 10x as long to get to the point as they should have. The first season really should have been a 90 minute or 2 hour long movie at most. And then there the show being creatively bankrupt. It doesn't do anything new. It's just a rehash of the Original Trilogy aesthetics. It's yet another backwater desert planet with shady dealings going on. Yet another Boba Fett lookalike. It's another Baby Yoda lookalike. More Empire goons. More boxy, utilitarian spaceships with faded paint jobs. Oh look, it's that thin IG-88 droid gunslinger from the Nintendo 64 game! There is nothing here. And from what I've heard, the sequel seasons shoehorned in Luke Skywalker and that obnoxious red alien girl from the 3D CGI clone wars show. I just didn't see much actual quality here. Feels like people only liked it because of the memberberries.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: April 13th, 2024, 04:45
Goby wrote: April 13th, 2024, 03:14
Have Star Wars fans had any good news since 2012?
Many people got fooled with the first season of Mandalorian
I never understood why the first season of the Mandalorian was praised. People kept saying "you have to watch this!" so I did and I kept waiting for it to get good, and it never did. The show absolutely dragged. On the macrolevel, there was far too many filler scenes and episodes, and on the microlevel the scenes took 10x as long to get to the point as they should have. The first season really should have been a 90 minute or 2 hour long movie at most. And then there the show being creatively bankrupt. It doesn't do anything new. It's just a rehash of the Original Trilogy aesthetics. It's yet another backwater desert planet with shady dealings going on. Yet another Boba Fett lookalike. It's another Baby Yoda lookalike. More Empire goons. More boxy, utilitarian spaceships with faded paint jobs. Oh look, it's that thin IG-88 droid gunslinger from the Nintendo 64 game! There is nothing here. And from what I've heard, the sequel seasons shoehorned in Luke Skywalker and that obnoxious red alien girl from the 3D CGI clone wars show. I just didn't see much actual quality here. Feels like people only liked it because of the memberberries.
I watched just the first season, and indeed it felt like a hollow fanfiction, that just happened to be set in the Star Wars universe.
The fanbase also didn't help with the forced meming, OMG BABEHH YODAAAAH, DIS IS DE WAYY etc. Bleh.
Statesman

Post by Statesman »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: April 13th, 2024, 04:45
You have to take into account the context in which the Mandalorian first season was released. At the time, Disney's Star Wars had flop after flop and then came out a non-offensive series with a safe plot, familiar setting, lots of references and diminished focus on inclusivity/diversity. A 4/10 series dropped at the right time to make Disney rethink the idea that Star Wars was dead. Baby Yoda was also a HUGE hit merchandising-wise. ST toys had arguably killed Toy's R US and Hasbro was begging Disney to drop ST merch and allow them to work with OT/PT/EU designs instead.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Irenaeus wrote: April 14th, 2024, 13:16
Have Star Wars fans had any good news since 2012 1996 1983?
Statesman

Post by Statesman »

I mean, if we are going to be that harsh and ignore all the pre-Disney Star Wars comics and games, might as well say:
Rand wrote: April 14th, 2024, 19:49
Irenaeus wrote: April 14th, 2024, 13:16
Have Star Wars fans had any good news since 2012 1996 1983?1980
Sorry, but not a fan of Ewoks. Should have gone with wookies, as originally planned.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

thing with ewoks is that compared to all the retardation in sw since they are quite irrelevant
Rand

Post by Rand »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 15th, 2024, 14:27
Ewoks get a pass for Yub Nub
The only pass they deserve is over the table saw.
Fucking nonsense.
I thought it was bullshit in 1983 when we watched it in the theater and I haven't seen any reason to change my opinion.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Rand wrote: April 15th, 2024, 18:20
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 15th, 2024, 14:27
Ewoks get a pass for Yub Nub
The only pass they deserve is over the table saw.
Fucking nonsense.
I thought it was bullshit in 1983 when we watched it in the theater and I haven't seen any reason to change my opinion.
You just wouldn't get it.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Loike ewoks
Loike space battles
Loike space wizards
Loike old EU books
Loike LucasArts games

Simple as
Oyster Sauce