We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Kingdom Come 2 - to be officially revealed on April 18th

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Statesman wrote: April 12th, 2024, 13:51
I was kind of happy with the announcement until I came into this thread and crashed down into reality...welp.
better to be disappointed early rather than after you've forked over the $ers at least

Tags:
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Xenich wrote: April 12th, 2024, 11:47
@rusty_shackleford , what about making an entire "woke" category on this site which would have not only the links to woke lists and the like, but also have threads of each game that is being discussed which contains all posts that show the details of information on the game being woke (ie documenting developer comments, studio money investments, consulting companies, game examples, etc...). This way, each game has its own thread, all of the information on the game can be collected where it can eventually be put into a timeline and detail setup which completely shows the games nefarious nature of woke.

I think a centralized collection of this data eventually organized into a format where it is easily read would do wonders to bringing light to this woke practice. It would help normies who don't research this stuff to be able to clearly see the nature of these companies and that can ultimately have a MASSIVE effect on their ability to function in a business sense.

We can start with category:

Category: Woke games
---Pinned threads: Game woke lists (with links to threads if the game has information here)| Woke games with Mod Fixes | Woke Companies and developers| ETC...
---Threads: Woke Game Title (which posters link and discuss all of the development, financial, media, and public data on the topic)

May actually help to really out these people and all their antics. The thing about woke is, all you need to do is to let them be clearly seen for what they are doing and the public backlash will be huge.
Be the change you want to see in the world

Post by 1998 »

Don't think I ever had so little hope for a sequel of a game I really liked. Not playing a black, disabled tranny would be already a surprise at this stage
Last edited by 1998 on April 12th, 2024, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

@rusty_shackleford , what about making an entire "woke" category on this site which would have not only the links to woke lists and the like, but also have threads of each game that is being discussed which contains all posts that show the details of information on the game being woke (ie documenting developer comments, studio money investments, consulting companies, game examples, etc...). This way, each game has its own thread, all of the information on the game can be collected where it can eventually be put into a timeline and detail setup which completely shows the games nefarious nature of woke.

I think a centralized collection of this data eventually organized into a format where it is easily read would do wonders to bringing light to this woke practice. It would help normies who don't research this stuff to be able to clearly see the nature of these companies and that can ultimately have a MASSIVE effect on their ability to function in a business sense.

---Pinned threads: Game woke lists (with links to threads if the game has information here)| Woke games with Mod Fixes | Woke Companies and developers| ETC...
---Threads: Woke Game Title (which posters link and discuss all of the development, financial, media, and public data on the topic)

May actually help to really out these people and all their antics. The thing about woke is, all you need to do is to let them be clearly seen for what they are doing and the public backlash will be huge.
It'd be far easier to create a whitelist than a blacklist. Almost every western dev is woke.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Man, Russia needs to wrap up this war ASAP. That's what happens when eastern european devs stop catering to Russia and only care about western market now.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

Cool to know that nu-Henry will have body type options along with color sliders between brown and black.

The real question is whether it's going to be worth the bandwidth to even pirate?
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 12th, 2024, 14:39

Be the change you want to see in the world
Let me go ahead and add a category, move the woke list to that category and pin it with the suggested mod fix thread, and start moving any threads as such per game, ok... lets... see.. oops. Nope, can't seem to find that option in the forum.

I could make a thread, sure.. but it would just fall of into nothingness which misses the entire point of the category in the first place.

Just a suggestion anyway, if people aren't interested in the idea, there would be no point anyway.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Roguey wrote: April 12th, 2024, 14:55

It'd be far easier to create a whitelist than a blacklist. Almost every western dev is woke.
Didn't mean it for a comprehensive list. Just games that come out and people spam all the crap on it like you see in this thread. /shrug
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

Cipher wrote: April 12th, 2024, 03:53
RIP Warhorse devs.

You held the line by having NPC praising the Lord, women not being fighters and no POC in Bohemia.

And then you sold your soul to Microsoft. This game never even had the chance not to be pozzed out of the gills.

At least we will always have the first one.
Thought they got bought by embracer?

And yeah not sure if this game will be good these 2 twitterati are a bad sign for sure that activists got in. :yuck:
Goby

Post by Goby »

I was kind of happy with the announcement until I came into this thread and crashed down into reality...welp.
Same :(
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@Xenich, this seems like something that can be handled with a thread tag. Moving threads from their proper genre forums to a woke forum would be a pain, but tagging woke game threads would be very easy and still searchable.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Manny V wrote: April 12th, 2024, 04:43
Another Polish dev, Destructive Creations, are pretty based from what i can tell.
Made some edgelord shooter game that got heaps of flak, made a based historical strategy game called Ancestors Legacy(gameplays kinda meh but i enjoy it), and their more recent game was some 'clean wehrmacht' WW2 game

not all polskis get corrupted it seems
also i'm retarded, i thought Warhorse was Polish for some reason, but they're Czech

regardless, point still stands
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Hopes:

1. There is an actual war going on in the game world outside of a handful of scripted main story quests. In KCD1 there was supposed to be this Ottoman Invasion going on, but in gameplay that amounted to only occasionally being ambushed by a half dozen bandits while travelling along the road between the two towns to rob the other smithy.

2. NPCs should be able to ride horses outside of a handful of scripted main story quests. It is silly being the only person in the game world riding a mount. When I was caught raiding the smithy in a town and there were people shouting and many guards were converging on me, I would have been lucky to narrowly escape with my life, but because I dashed out of the house and mounted my horse I was able to run around and thrust my hammer into 40 people's heads with my hammer and there was nothing they could do about it. That killed my immersion and trivialized the game.

3. Followers or hireable retainers/squires/mercenaries/bodyguards/etc. I don't care if they are fleshed out characters like RPG companions or if they are generic mercenaries. It would be nice to have a friendly face to fight alongside with. Also, the main character is a noble and is connected to higher ranking nobles. It would make sense that he could be assigned 1 or 2 knights for protection.

4. Polearm weapons, like spears and halberds. I know you could pick them up off the ground during certain story missions but it would be nice if you could use one all the time. To address concerns about them being too overpowered, just do what Mount & Blade did and make it more difficult or impossible to wield long weapons in cramped spaces like a tight melee or inside doors, with your weapon constantly bouncing off of things when you try to swing it.

5. Big city of Prague to explore. I understand being absolutely historically accurate and having tens of thousands of NPC scripts is impractical, but at least give us a town or city that is at least 5x to 10x larger than Rattay, and with multiple different places were worth robbing rather than just bouncing between the two town's smithies.

6. Sound detection like in Thief. As in walking on wooden or marble floors will cause echoes that will be heard and draw attention. I shouldn't be able to pick the lock of a chest right next to a guy's bed and not wake up. It was also silly to be able to just press a button and smother everyone in a house and not get caught.

7. Impersonation. It was cool that in one story quest, you could dress up as a Cuman and walk around their camp until you got accosted and outted yourself trying to respond to a conversation, but you couldn't do this in the rest of the game. It would make sense if you were attending a party of nobles if you could dress very richly and walk inside a mansion and not get questioned and use that excuse to start robbing the place.

8. Actual risk of consequences. It makes no sense to get caught robbing a smithy and then go on a mass murder spree massacring 60 people in broad daylight, and then eventually getting caught and only spending 2 weeks in jail before being let out and then story NPCs still treat me as if I'm an upstanding person. Bullocks.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

WhiteShark wrote: April 13th, 2024, 01:00
@Xenich, this seems like something that can be handled with a thread tag. Moving threads from their proper genre forums to a woke forum would be a pain, but tagging woke game threads would be very easy and still searchable.
That I understand, but it still requires organizing results through tags, which most computer illiterate people, lazy, or uninitiated will forego. It isn't a big deal, and I wasn't suggesting searching the entire forum for threads to move over, more of moving the couple of woke threads into a new category, and then from here on, people post their info of a game coming out (like this one) in a category, which makes it easier to see all of the new games.

It really is more of a "convenient" thing for average joe, so for instance, if you linked a thread to some other site, the person coming here would easily be able to not only see the pinned woke lists and mod list built over time, but a category with games listed easily to see.

In the end, while I am not suggesting a crusade, the one of the things that will cause the most damage to the a woke agenda is easily accessible and visible information on the topic. The ignorance on so many things out there is usually because the data is spread out and buried and I think that works against having some effect on the whole issue.

It's no biggie though, it was just a suggestion.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Manny V wrote: April 12th, 2024, 13:57
better to be disappointed early rather than after you've forked over the $ers at least
That's the right attitude to have.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I hope there's another hecking wholesome questline where I get to join a quirky alcoholic priest who explains why the Catholic church is actually stupid and bad or a quest where it shows that medieval ladies were all whores cucking their husbands with the first knight who strolled into town like the first game!!!
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

As someone that loved the first game and has waited impatiently for the sequel: yes, finally. However, IF the game is woke in the slightest (which the first game wasn't I can guarantee you it will crash and burn, not only because of that, but also because it has taken way too much time and way too much silence from the studio up unto this point - you can only maintain the hype for so long, and its been six years now - and this is only an announcement, so I doubt we'll see an actual release in 1-2 years even. Which is to say, people have moved on. If the studio would have talked about a sequel (even that they didn't do), then it would have been easier to have some hope and interest, but the total radio silence has ensured the interest will be meh at best. And that is if they actually continue and stick to their principles - no nonwhites, no strong females in power, all of that. So I'm very sorry to say, I don't have much hope. But we'll see.

But as that guy said: if it actually is non-woke, I'll buy several copies.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: April 13th, 2024, 15:52
I hope there's another hecking wholesome questline where I get to join a quirky alcoholic priest who explains why the Catholic church is actually stupid and bad or a quest where it shows that medieval ladies were all whores cucking their husbands with the first knight who strolled into town like the first game!!!
What year did they invent cuckoldry
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Anon wrote: April 12th, 2024, 15:06
Man, Russia needs to wrap up this war ASAP. That's what happens when eastern european devs stop catering to Russia and only care about western market now.
no one ever catered to the Russian audience. Nowadays not even the Russian devs cater to Russia.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

wndrbr wrote: April 15th, 2024, 00:47
Anon wrote: April 12th, 2024, 15:06
no one ever catered to the Russian audience. Nowadays not even the Russian devs cater to Russia.
GOTY Smuta proves otherwise
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Last edited by Oyster Sauce on April 18th, 2024, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Coming 2024?

That seems fairly optimistic, unless they're pulling a Bethesda and waited to ramp up the marketing campaign until the game was close to release, because more has been said about people leaving the studio than has been shown about the game itself.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

gerey wrote: April 18th, 2024, 11:57
unless they're pulling a Bethesda and waited to ramp up the marketing campaign until the game was close to release
or maybe it's Embracer forcing them to release the game in an unfinished state because they are bleeding money.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

To play the devil's advocate and huff the copium, if they are reusing the same engine, a large percentage of assets, and recycling large parts of the map, they could have a fairly finished product by now.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

Watching the reveal right now and I can't help but be hyped. I know I shouldn't, but... Even based Vavra is there. I haven't seen such a non pozzed game reveal and developers in a long time, it's glorious.

Please be good, please be good! Jesus Christ be praised!

Edit: It's over and holy fuck it looks good bros...

Just the trailer for those interested:

Last edited by Reichspepe on April 18th, 2024, 18:19, edited 5 times in total.