We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

List of woke and non-woke role-playing games

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

@twig
<+aweigh> broken roads is pozzed. i helped bully one of the broken roads devs in Ormacord
<+aweigh> he got super pissed when i said disco elysium was shit
<+aweigh> it's apparently one of his main inspirations
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Battle Brothers has literally nothing "woke" going for it, @twig

EDIT: lmao, you people debating "Broken Roads", the game that had machete butch dykes on the cover. Lmao, rofl kek. Maybe we should debate Pozzers Gate 3 as well.
Last edited by Eyestabber on April 11th, 2024, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

Welp, WoW will be getting"""Pride Month""" shit in the future.
https://www.wowhead.com/news/summer-fun ... tch-338644
Not surprising, since the game is now run by [Current Year] Southern California fucks.
Private servers are much better anyway.
tarzan123

Post by tarzan123 »

KotOR: shit
"Kreia: For the male, it seems to have inordinate importance. But we shall leave such male preoccupations for philosophers and cultural historians."
"Mira: But it's obvious you two need some advice, so let me lay out the attack pattern for you. It's simple - when you want a man, you jab him with a Bothan Stunner, then while he's screaming in pain, slap some stun cuffs on him. Then starve him for two or three days until he becomes open to suggestion, then double-check his bounty and see if he's worth anything."
Just these two quotes are enough I would say, have some more notes if anyone is interested. These are from the second game, the first one is not much better.

Mass Effect (series): shit
Have about fifteen thousand words of notes on all the garbage there, anti-father, anti-human, anti-male, pretty much no female villains with actual personality and characterisation, Asari do not count (you can live your tranny/futa fantasy, they still do not count towards the male/female evil characters argument) which for me devalues any allegedly "morally good" female characters. Pro interracial, Legendary Edition exists.
Jacob's father, black harem-making rapist, Tali's father:bad, Ashley's father:bad, Thane:bad father, Liara's "father", never made contact, Wrexes father:bad, can't be arsed to do more, pretty sure someone else must have done that already.

Dragon Age (series): shit
Inquisition exists, that is all there is to say. It made me retroactively hate the entire series long before I even truly cared about any of the gay shit.

Baldur's Gate: careful
Beamdog, SoD is pure shit, but that is already on the list, be very careful with the mods, Mazzy's mod, for example, is some true unadulterated aids.

Neverwinter Nights 1 (Original Campaign only): The one last game currently left on my "list" that I would be willing to actually recommend to everyone, in case someone wanted a recommendation from a retard like me. A "person" here cried about "too many women in power", well considering the setting (Forgotten Realms, might want to check how men and women are portrayed there, if that is woke to you, oh well, to me, it actually allows for women to be both good and evil within that fictional universe, and give me the satisfaction of making them face the consequences of their actions, if female characters in games are never allowed to be truly evil, and I mean the actual evil not the usual misunderstood villain, controlled by an evil man forced to be evil, or any other form of wannabe safe villainy, I immediately lose all interest in the supposedly "good" ones, there is an excess in that very setting, the Drow, and I do have a hard time accepting any of their female members as truly evil, or even characters, since matriarchy and all of them are evil, lacking the counterbalance of the choice of picking the "good", you do have the small enclave around the seer in Hordes of the Underdark, but that story is just pathetic so even just mentioning it is a travesty in itself, Drizzt exists and is kind of a small exception, he has one good book, Sojourn, everything else is trash), it fits well, and they are both good and evil AND you get to kill them which is awesome. Might want to look into Shaldrissa Dorthwyatl's quest, portrays a woman in a rather negative way, liar, manipulator, you can kill her. Aribeth, if you actually play the game, and read her dialogue, finish her quest in the second act, read her diaries, then properly talk to her in the fourth, turns into a quite complex and decently written character. Other female villains of note: Morag, an actual antagonist, evil. You get to kill her :). Gulnan, evil, you get to kill her. Then the various thieves/bandits/cultists "cannon fodders" that have female models, there is one escaped prisoner, a female halfling called Delilah, one of five escapees, and while some of the others are a bit more complex, have at least a semi-decent reason for their "crimes", she is just evil, which is awesome, you get to kill her, obviously. You do have that one chick who wants to share food with people in the Blacklake district, considering the city is suffering from plague, and pretty much all nobles (unless stated otherwise by the setting) are inbred pedo-degenerates, I am having a hard time picking a side in this case. Pretty sure someone could argue against me, point out examples of indisputable "current day California" in that game, and win against my below-room-temperature IQ in a contest of words, but well, sod off. Also, plenty of men are in power in that game, Nasher, Desther, Aarin, Kendrick, Kurth and Baram, Maugrim, the list goes on.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura: There is this one quest in the game, and it is messed up, if you know, you know. The fact that it has no satisfactory conclusion, just like in real life, makes it hard for me to replay the game, someone writing that quest knew one too many things, I am genuinely surprised that it had made it into the game at all since it was not really subtle. Just wanted to mention this game. Can't remember enough to rate it properly. Think there might have been something about technology bad, magic/elves good, but haven't played it in years. And you do get the option to kill pretty much everyone.