We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

SKALD: Against the Black Priory (and other terminally unreleased games)

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

SKALD: Against the Black Priory (and other terminally unreleased games)

Post by Acrux »

SKALD development has a new update - it's going to be released in Spring 2024 (they pinky-promise swear this time!). And just in case you don't believe it there's a new trailer and an updated demo. For the 3rd 4th 5th time.

Ha ha, the Steam page still says 2023.
Let’s dive straight into our big announcement for the end of 2023:
The launch of SKALD: Against the Black Priory is now officially set for Spring 2024!

Over the past year, Anders and the team have been hard at work on the game in order to craft a memorable adventure that we know you’ll enjoy, and we truly can’t wait for you to see and experience it by yourself.

To give you a glimpse of what to expect in the final game, we have put together a new trailer that you can see below:

Every system in the game has undergone meticulous polishing and significant enhancements since we last showcased it back in January 2023. But that's not all—additional features and improvements are still in the works to ensure that you’ll have a blast playing through the final game, whilst exploring its world and uncovering its mysteries.

Our free demo has been updated and now features an early look at some of the new features mentioned above, including font customization options, difficulty settings, and other accessibility or quality of life improvements.

As we gear up for the launch, you can expect more frequent updates and new content drops from us, so stay tuned by wishlisting the game on Steam and following us on social media!

Also, don't hesitate to drop a comment to share your reactions or questions about the game if you have any.

We can't wait for you to experience SKALD when it launches in Spring 2024!

The Raw Fury team
Last edited by Acrux on December 19th, 2023, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Let's hope they just want to make a "perfect" game and are being obsessive.

(Yeah, I know better, but let me have this delusion please.)
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I thought this game came out years ago.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

The game boy making it is getting state money to drag ass.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

maidenhaver wrote: December 20th, 2023, 03:21
Look, I put the dice on the screen! That's how you know you are playing a rpg.
Another "oh so retro" thing I hate. Unless your game is purposely meant to be an adaptation of a tabletop game that uses dice, you should not be showing any physical representation of dice for internal game mechanics.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Disco was the first game having this dice throw animation that i've noticed. Granted, in case of disco it's somewhat excusable since that 'game' has nothing going for it except for dialogue checks.
Dorateen
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dorateen »

Early Might & Magic featured dice throwing animation during character creation.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Dorateen wrote: December 20th, 2023, 20:29
Early Might & Magic featured dice throwing animation during character creation.
That's just a screen saver though, they bounce around in a small window, they don't actually roll up your stats.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

SKALD finally has a release date: May 30th

https://www.skaldrpg.com/2024/04/launch ... l-trailer/
► Show Spoiler
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

Why is almost every developer a cultist or abomination? Is it a consequence of being to weak to work a normal job?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Price announcement:
https://www.skaldrpg.com/2024/04/projec ... -overview/

$15 for standard and $25 for deluxe. But be warned:
Deluxe Edition Content

We intend to offer a Deluxe edition of the game that will provide you with a bundle of extra content giving you the option of having a slightly different game experience mechanically speaking. It also comes with the OST and a good handful of cosmetic items.

The Deluxe edition will contain the following items (amongst others):

The Base Game
A pack of extra character portraits
Unique Dice animations
3 extra character backgrounds to choose from during character creation.
Malachai, the Magical items merchant: A vendor that is available from the mid game and onward that sells a handful of unique magical items.
Two wallpapers from the game
The OST with 38 (!) tracks

We’re constantly looking into more cool stuff to add into the Deluxe edition whilst still making sure it does not detract from the main game. The idea is that it should be a value-packed way of supporting the developer (which buying the deluxe edition greatly does).
Also, Sven's new favorite game:

gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

I am looking forward to this game, so I know that the dev has done something to fuck it up.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

Pay to win? This might be the first game I sail the high seas with malicious intent for.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Had to go back and check what you were referring to,
Acrux wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 20:43
3 extra character backgrounds to choose from during character creation.
Malachai, the Magical items merchant: A vendor that is available from the mid game and onward that sells a handful of unique magical items.
this is bullshit
Anon

Post by Anon »

Acrux wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 20:43

$15 for standard and $25 for deluxe. But be warned:
The idea is that all/most future development will go towards deluxe edition while people who only bought base game will be treated like shit right?
Anon

Post by Anon »

Well, at least it's no wonder anymore why Swen Vincke promoted this slop.
Cogemeister

Post by Cogemeister »

Interesting game, looked cool until I saw the pay-to-win bullshit. Also does project Zomboid quality for this thread? It’s been in early access for close to a decade now.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Project: Zomboid is the standout one here. Not only did the devs come around after the "niggers stole our homework laptop" fiasco of years ago and prove everyone that it's not a scam, but have continued to work on the game, release free update after free update, with no sign of stopping. Looks like a genuine passion project.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 24th, 2024, 06:33
(and other terminally unreleased games)
Stellar Tactics?
At least he shows regular progress and releases a new build about once a quarter. And he keeps to the schedule he announces. It's supposed to have it's 1.0 release later this year.

With SKALD, the same demo was released multiple times - I've heard the most recent demo has less content than earlier ones - or would go months with no update. Wasn't this supposed to release in 2021 originally?

I would put Urban Strife on the list. It has multiple Steam threads asking why it's not released yet, when they'd originally said last summer it was complete.

Cogemeister

Post by Cogemeister »

What about Dark and Darker? I know the whole lawsuit thing, but they allowed players to buy it early access on some shady launcher, then after backlash created their own launcher, but then added microtransactions and still no information on an actual release.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I swear I've been following both Urban Strife and SKALD as early as 2015-2018. Somewhere in there. I don't care, anymore. Real JA3 is good, and there've been other Ultima clones without jiggling pixels and a jewy dev.
Last edited by maidenhaver on April 24th, 2024, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.