We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Rand

Post by Rand »

UnfairTradeCoffee wrote: March 25th, 2024, 22:29
Rand wrote: March 25th, 2024, 22:12
We waz kangs and sheeit...
We waz saints and shiet
I stand corrected.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I guess we can treat Capcom as no different to an Activision, EA or Ubisoft at this point.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 24th, 2024, 23:13
The gaming audience has increased, but games are also being released at an insane rate these days. How much of that audience is just playing old F2P games like Fortnite or hopping between FOTM games?
There are a crazy amount of game releases if we count indies and AA, but the releases from large studios has slowed to a crawl.
Last edited by Breathe on March 26th, 2024, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Falksi

Post by Falksi »

Based...

Golden Axe pictures added for funs.
Protean

Post by Protean »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 23:26
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 23:16
Any developer capable of making a game that mostly maintains 60 FPS on a decent computer and is fun to play essentially becomes an overnight star.
btw, See: Helldivers 2. Probably the only game (fully released) worth mentioning so far this year.
It's a fun game, doesn't antagonize its potential customers, and without many technical issues. Immediately becomes a smashing success. That's how low the bar is for becoming absolutely rich.

It's why you have people wondering why Helldivers 2 is so popular because it seems rather average. This shit is being graded on a curve.
I was surprised at Helldivers 2's popularity, I even know three people playing it. The bar really is so low, that now's the best time to be a small dev, while the legacy devs struggle to survive and cater to homos.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Helldivers 2 devs actually care. The explosion in popularity caught them off guard right after release, but they were incredibly quick in securing additional servers for the swelling player base (they went from being able to support 200,000 players to 700,000 in the span of a week or two). Since the release the game has seen a deluge of updates, additional content, patches etc.

Also, the way the game is structured leads to community engagement. For example, to get the mechs the players were tasked with defending the planet where the mechs are being manufactured from invasion.

The third faction is being slowly introduced by having them randomly sniping players and robots/bugs with blue energy bolts on maps. The bug enemies are now getting new variants because we shoahed four of their planets with nerve gas, which was meant to contain their invasion and create a chain of barrier worlds.

Datamining users have found that more stratagems are coming, on top of a jeep and APC you can deploy.

Meanwhile Payday 3, Halo: Infinite and all the rest are floundering among glacial release schedules, poor communication and price gouging.

I bet if someone were to look at a picture of the Helldivers 2 dev team, they'd find an office predominantly staffed by white, heterosexual men.
Last edited by gerey on March 26th, 2024, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 26th, 2024, 08:50
Falksi wrote: March 26th, 2024, 08:44
Based...

Some needed info:
You find free portcrystals in the game, and can buy some as well (not 100% on that).
You may only have 10 active portcrystal points. You can get more than 10 crystals if you try but the extras are useless.
You need single-use rare and expensive ferrystones to teleport to an active crystal. These are NOT (currently) in the DLC shop.
So an extra one early on is slightly helpful, but no big deal.
Last edited by Rand on March 26th, 2024, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Mortmal

Post by Mortmal »

It's not much of a surprise for helldivers 2; it has a good formula. It takes about 5 minutes to understand how it works and play, but it's hard to truly master it. It's fun, with lots of guns and explosions everywhere, plus drooling ugly aliens to explode. It has an addictive leveling-up curve, unlocking more stuff, and it's light on microtransactions, unlike Destiny 2, which harasses you at every loading screen. It's a well-deserved success for what is just an arcade shooter, but done well without being pretentious nor forcing any politic agenda. You make a fun game, you make money; who would have thought.
Rand

Post by Rand »

gerey wrote: March 26th, 2024, 14:49
I bet if someone were to look at a picture of the Helldivers 2 dev team, they'd find an office predominantly staffed by white, heterosexual men.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Helldivers 2 devs actually care. The explosion in popularity caught them off guard right after release, but they were incredibly quick in securing additional servers for the swelling player base (they went from being able to support 200,000 players to 700,000 in the span of a week or two). Since the release the game has seen a deluge of updates, additional content, patches etc.

Also, the way the game is structured leads to community engagement. For example, to get the mechs the players were tasked with defending the planet where the mechs are being manufactured from invasion.

The third faction is being slowly introduced by having them randomly sniping players and robots/bugs with blue energy bolts on maps. The bug enemies are now getting new variants because we shoahed four of their planets with nerve gas, which was meant to contain their invasion and create a chain of barrier worlds.

Datamining users have found that more stratagems are coming, on top of a jeep and APC you can deploy.

Meanwhile Payday 3, Halo: Infinite and all the rest are floundering among glacial release schedules, poor communication and price gouging.
Play with me
They are frightening looking Swedish people
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Rand wrote: March 26th, 2024, 14:57
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

It's pretty wild that in 2024 Jewishness still hasn't been permanently abolished.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 26th, 2024, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 26th, 2024, 15:20
It's pretty wild that in 2021 Jewishness still hasn't been permanently abolished.
They tried.
They knew the problem a century ago.
America, however...
What was IN the burned books, huh?
BobT

Post by BobT »

Falksi wrote: March 26th, 2024, 08:44
Based...

So stand by it and don't sell a bypass as a microtransaction, then.
Last edited by BobT on March 27th, 2024, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Falski is a shill.

Probably a fan of Sphere hunter too.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

helldivers 2 is a snoy game and is nothing more than EDF for w*stoids

*spit*
Falksi

Post by Falksi »

wndrbr wrote: March 27th, 2024, 01:51
Falski is a shill.

Probably a fan of Sphere hunter too.
I've not even played the game yet, but I do want Fast Travel eradicated in it's current form 100%.

Morrowind-style will do for me. Kill lazy world design, get games back to having great worlds and a real sense of navigation and discovery.

No idea what Sphere Hunter is, but I am a huge fan of Space Hunter. Highly recommended.

Last edited by Falksi on March 27th, 2024, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

30-40 hour game. Little side content.
TL;DR: story is stupid in the latter half, game falls off too, not worth more than $15-$20.
Last edited by Rand on March 27th, 2024, 16:25, edited 2 times in total.
pokafox

Post by pokafox »

BobT wrote: March 27th, 2024, 01:09
So stand by it and don't sell a bypass as a microtransaction, then.
Portcrystal is something you set ingame to teleport to. (already in first game)

You need a ferrystone to fast travel to a Portcrystal. (not in DLC so far)

No Ferrystone DLC. (the first game had an eternal Ferrystone as DLC that was given for free on the PC port)

There are already set Portcrystals ingame.

You can obtain Portcrystals ingame.

You can set a maximum of 10 Portcrystals (was less in the first game but DD2 is probs way bigger)

tl;dr this is not a "bypass" to fast traveling. It's a pay shortcut like literally all the other shit they sell so far.

Microtransactions are scummy but anyone who played the first game knows there ain't no reason to buy that stuff.
pokafox

Post by pokafox »

They're probably just previous Arisens ? Again nothing crazy if you've played the first game.

I personally don't care what color characters in videogames are as long as the lore checks out. BG3 felt forced 15 minutes in. I'm 10 hours into DD2 and haven't felt it at all so far.

And that's not fanboy series bias. I love BG1/2 and enjoy DOS1/2.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

>Denuvo forced them to buy four copies in order to benchmark the game
pokafox

Post by pokafox »

Just made it to the city taking my sweet time exploring on the way. Performance within city walls is indeed awful esp on my mid GPU and shit CPU. Video above clearly pinpoints the CPU bottleneck issue so hopefully they optimize that shit.
Last edited by pokafox on March 28th, 2024, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
KnightoftheWind

I guess we can't expect a Dragon's Dogma 3 at this point.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Good that gook needs to get back on the Devil May Cry plantation and make Vergil a playable character from the start this time!
KnightoftheWind

It's strange because Devil May Cry 5 seems to run extremely well, even on something like an RX 580, a mid-range GPU from 7 years ago. How it got to this extent is a mystery for the ages.