We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

H*lldivers 2

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

This appeared in my recommendation, I didn't watch this, but still:
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: March 4th, 2024, 16:49
Banning people and blocking mods or the likes would make them like the alphabet crowd, but if they are banning and removing "recommendations" (aka, screeching) I 100% agree. Now I am interested in seeing more, but the shilling that was reported here in another topic some time ago made me very suspicious to outright supporting this game just yet. I can understand wanting more money and trying to appeal to what gets more money, but it does not mean I will support whore behavior. Thank you for sharing this!

EDIT:
Found this to add. (Placed in spoiler for less clutter)
► Show Spoiler
EDIT 2: Cannot find it at the present, but I recall seeing the first Helldivers in this curator's list that was posted by rusty here viewtopic.php?t=1705-might-be-a-useful- ... e&start=30 . I think it was a "not recommended", but I cannot find it to confirm or deny. I am still learning to use Steam (forums and such), managed to find it

They do not seem to be published by Sony Interactive though?
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on March 4th, 2024, 17:42, edited 7 times in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

DagothGeas5 wrote: March 4th, 2024, 17:00
Banning people and blocking mods or the likes would make them like the alphabet crowd, but if they are banning and removing "recommendations" (aka, screeching) I 100% agree. Now I am interested in seeing more, but the shilling that was reported here in another topic some time ago made me very suspicious to outright supporting this game just yet. I can understand wanting more money and trying to appeal to what gets more money, but it does not mean I will support whore behavior. Thank you for sharing this!

EDIT:
► Show Spoiler
EDIT 2: Cannot find it at the present, but I recall seeing the first Helldivers in this curator's list that was posted by rusty here viewtopic.php?t=1705-might-be-a-useful- ... e&start=30 . I think it was a "not recommended", but I cannot find it to confirm or deny. I am still learning to use Steam (forums and such), managed to find it

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

DagothGeas5 wrote: March 4th, 2024, 17:00

EDIT:
► Show Spoiler

I'm not watching that video and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing in that post.
The game has body types (both male tbh) and voice 1/2 for what it's worth.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:21
► Show Spoiler
I'm not watching that video and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing in that post.
That is good to know then. I will still wait some time before giving this game a try, this whole woke thing is making me very iffy to buy anything that comes out these days, but if this game is fine I would very much love to play it. I used to play Destiny, and this game would fill the hole it left when it started to add idiocies in the lore (my first brush with the woke cult).
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

DagothGeas5 wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:46
Oyster Sauce wrote: March 4th, 2024, 18:21
► Show Spoiler
That is good to know then. I will still wait some time before giving this game a try, this whole woke thing is making me very iffy to buy anything that comes out these days, but if this game is fine I would very much love to play it. I used to play Destiny, and this game would fill the hole it left when it started to add idiocies in the lore (my first brush with the woke cult).
It's not a bad idea to wait for some updates anyway. Armor values don't work properly, most guns underperform and need a balance update, and vehicles seem to be just around the corner.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Minor update. Some weapon balance, armor works now, and meteor storms/fire tornados can show up on certain planets
Major Updates
Planetary Hazards active
Many planets now have additional environmental challenges that will appear at random while you are deployed, from fire tornadoes to meteor showers and many more.

Balancing

Eradicate Missions
Eradicate missions now require more kills and enemies spawn more often. The time to complete the mission was previously shorter than intended and should now usually take twice as long to complete.

Primary, Secondary, & Support Weapons

Breaker: Decreased magazine capacity from 16 to 13, increased recoil from 30 to 55
Railgun - Decreased armor penetration in Safe Mode, decreased damage against durable enemy parts
Flamethrower: Increased damage per second by 50%
Laser Cannon: Increased damage against durable enemy parts, increased armor penetration, improved ergonomics
Punisher: Increased total ammo capacity from 40 to 60, increased stagger force, increased damage from 40 per bullet to 45 per bullet
Breaker Spray & Pray: Increased armor penetration, increased fire rate from 300 to 330, increased number of pellets from 12 to 16 per shot, decreased magazine size from to 32 to 26

Stratagems
Energy Shield Backpack: Increased delay before recharging
380mm and 120mm Orbital Barrages: Increased duration of the bombardment, decreased spread

Fixes
Fixed armor rating values not reducing damage as intended.
Fixed certain Bug Holes (including Stalker Nests) that were unnecessarily hard to destroy.
Fixed anti-aliasing toggle not working on PS5.
Balanced lighting across all planets to solve cases where the game was too dark.
Improved flashlight efficacy.
Increased visibility during “sand rain” weather on Erata Prime.
Updated tutorial materials and lighting.
Improved cases where some materials could look blurry if "Lighting" graphic setting was set to "Low".
Fixed timing issues that could occur in the “Extract E-710” primary objective.
Changed button interaction behavior for buttons in bunker POIs. Helldivers will now let go of the button after holding it for a few seconds.
Fixed some cases of large assets floating if the ground beneath them was blown up.
Helldivers standing next to ICBMs during launch will get properly toasty with a chance of not-so-spontaneous combustion.
Fixed unthrowable snowballs after ragdolling.
Fixed being able to use grenades after drowning.
Camera no longer locked on the player's own corpse and blocking spectator mode.
Helldivers now take damage from fire, gas etc. generated by other players.
Armor no longer stretches when dismembered.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

My good friend @gerey and I are playing Saturday if anyone would like to join :)
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 28th, 2024, 14:00
My good friend @gerey and I are playing Saturday if anyone would like to join :)
As long as you don't throw a cluster eagle or alah forbid it an airburst on top of me I would like to play this videogame :)
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

A Chinese opium den wrote: March 28th, 2024, 15:11
Oyster Sauce wrote: March 28th, 2024, 14:00
As long as you don't throw a cluster eagle or alah forbid it an airburst on top of me I would like to play this videogame :)
I'm more of a 500KG gamer. You're in