We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

FightClub - Play Fighting Games Together

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

FightClub - Play Fighting Games Together

Post by WhiteShark »

FightClub
Let's FIGHTING~☆!

Post in the thread what games you have if you want to be added to the list of FRIENDS. If any of your games are not already listed here, I'll add them.

(WIP. Steam names will not be listed in the OP for the sake of privacy unless most people are ok with it. If the list of games looks a bit eclectic, it's because I just started with games I own and know about.)

FRIENDS
► FRIENDS
GAMES
► FREE
► PAID
INFORMATION
► INFORMATION
Changelog
► Changelog
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 26th, 2024, 01:41, edited 4 times in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 00:28
But is Melee a fighting game?
I count it. I debated putting it on the list since you can play it online with an emulator and Slippi, but I haven't done so myself. If you want me to add you and Melee, I will.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@Dead and I have been playing GGXXACR together. That's the primary reason I made this thread: to find more people to play with us. I'm happy to learn other games, though. I don't plan to buy any other paid games at the moment but if someone wanted to try the method in INFORMATION with me I'd give it a shot. I'm particularly interested in trying Hisou Tensoku because I got to play it for a few hours one weekend in high school and it's been sitting in the back of my head ever since.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

We started learning how to play GGXXACR recently, so you will be able to have fun even if you're new to the game.
Last edited by Dead on March 3rd, 2024, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

The only fighting games I've really played for any decent length of time and online was MKX and MK11 and I only played annoying characters like Scorpion or Fujin. :D
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

"May is Chipp Zanuff on high ping"
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Those midair up-dolphins are cool! I must try that. I also have no idea how to use the aerial spinning thing. I forget I even have it most of the time.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Add me to the list, I am shit and haven't played in a minute but I do have almost all Arcys and french bread games, along with most notable capcom fighters from the last decade or so and a few KOF games.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@A Chinese opium den I don't know what french bread games are, but I added you to the list! Do you want to play GGXXACR with @Dead and I sometime?
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 26th, 2024, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
A Chinese opium den

WhiteShark wrote: March 26th, 2024, 01:35
@A Chinese opium den I don't know what french bread games are, but I added you to the list! Do you want to play GGXXACR with @Dead and I sometime?
French bread is the team who makes the Melty blood and Under-night games, and I'm always happy to get blown out in fighting games :toot:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@Dead, Mr. opium den is catching up to me rapidly. You should train with him, too. He plays very differently from me.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Record some of your battles plz. Wanna see who wrecks who.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Maybe when I get better I'd be okay with recording
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

If you keep missing half-circle inputs, enabling the lenient input option may help.
A Chinese opium den

I have the issue of dashing forward into a forward quartercircle being taken as a DP(z looking one) input
PayStation

Post by PayStation »

When you do 2x Forward into Quarter Circle, the game interprets a portion of it as Forward - Down - Down Forward, which is a Z motion (DP). The simple fix is instead of Quarter Circle, you do a Half Circle.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

BobT wrote: March 31st, 2024, 21:04
Record some of your battles plz. Wanna see who wrecks who.
*who wrecks whom
I've used OBS before. I can try to get some footage next time we play.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@A Chinese opium den I didn't ragequit, I promise. I accidentally yanked my internet cable and then after I got that sorted out my latency in Hexchat went way down, so our connection probably would have been better if we had kept going. :sad:
A Chinese opium den

We are past the point where its not just 2 guys mashing at each other finally, I would go as far to say this is almost good gameplay. :toot:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

A Chinese opium den wrote: April 6th, 2024, 13:26
We are past the point where its not just 2 guys mashing at each other finally, I would go as far to say this is almost good gameplay. :toot:
I don't think we can really say that until we're actually using all the mechanics and using the proper combos for our characters. Closer, though. The finger exercises have made the tendonitis go away, too, though my forearms are a bit sore from it.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@Manny V, do you play any fighting games? We can be your gaming friends if you want to play fighting games with us.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

WhiteShark wrote: April 8th, 2024, 17:26
@Manny V, do you play any fighting games? We can be your gaming friends if you want to play fighting games with us.
nah all good, fighting games aren't my type of thing, only one i played really was For Honor, and that was my awakening of 'nooticing', probably never going back to that dumpster fire

cheers for the offer, but i'm all good seshin the shit i currently am