We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy — Fantasy RPG from ATOM devs

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Oh yeah, I don't remember what it did then, but I know it was good. :Inspector:
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Kickstarter for Swordhaven in late March

Greetings,
The time has finally come, and we're proud to announce a Kickstarter campaign for Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy. The campaign is planned to start at the end of March and will feature a playable demo that we are working very hard on at the moment. This will allow every one of you to check out what our game promises before deciding whether to support it as a backer.
kickstarter link
Last edited by wndrbr on March 18th, 2024, 12:13, edited 2 times in total.
Element

Post by Element »

wndrbr wrote: March 18th, 2024, 12:10

Greetings,
The time has finally come, and we're proud to announce a Kickstarter campaign for Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy. The campaign is planned to start at the end of March and will feature a playable demo that we are working very hard on at the moment. This will allow every one of you to check out what our game promises before deciding whether to support it as a backer.
kickstarter link
Lots of running followed up with an epic battle against 3 rats in a cabbage patch? Sold. d1p.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

I didnt know they finished second atom game then started on this. I'm guessing it flopped thats why they are doing fantasy settings now?.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

gastovski wrote: March 19th, 2024, 22:34
I didnt know they finished second atom game then started on this. I'm guessing it flopped thats why they are doing fantasy settings now?.
The 'second' game was just a DLC that grew too large and became a standalone expansion.
IIRC, they stated they wanted a break after doing ATOM for so long. There's still one more game to finish the story for ATOM.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

wndrbr wrote: March 18th, 2024, 12:10

Greetings,
kickstarter link
Looks about as enjoyable as a gangrape.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

At least we can expect it will be no wokeness in this game because in Russia lgbt stuff is criminal now.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

gastovski wrote: March 19th, 2024, 22:54
At least we can expect it will be no wokeness in this game because in Russia lgbt stuff is criminal now.
devs stopped managing their russian social media, and decided not to add russian language in the upcoming game (english will be the default language of Swordhaven). Not sure if they even have russians on the team right now, afaik most of the devs are from Ukraine and Latvia.
Last edited by wndrbr on March 20th, 2024, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 1998 »

I thought ATOM should have been successful enough for them to not have to run a Kickstarter. Disappointing...
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

wndrbr wrote: March 20th, 2024, 01:34
devs stopped managing their russian social media, and decided not to add russian language in the upcoming game (english will be the default language of Swordhaven). Not sure if they even have russians on the team right now, afaik most of the devs are from Ukraine and Latvia.
The amount of game devs in Ukraine seems SUS to me
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Boontaker wrote: March 20th, 2024, 05:24
Most games attributed to Russia typically were made by Ukrainians. This has caused a lot of seething over recent affairs due to russiaboos realizing this.
Russia actually has a very weak gamedev scene compared to nearly every other post-Soviet European country for whatever reason.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Because they are (((devs))) and they're preparing special slop just for us Western goyim.
Last edited by TKVNC on March 28th, 2024, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 20th, 2024, 11:43

Most games attributed to Russia typically were made by Ukrainians. This has caused a lot of seething over recent affairs due to russiaboos realizing this.
Russia actually has a very weak gamedev scene compared to nearly every other post-Soviet European country for whatever reason.
It makes sense why "russian" products feel so much more sloppy and woke as of recently. The fact that they needed to cater to russian audience served as an organic control of their products. Now they only need to appease western audience, and we all know what that ensues...
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

once again I have to ask if people really play RPGs like this, not even looking at their items or skills
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 2nd, 2024, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 07:18
I wonder how close it will be related to the non-bhaalspawn BG1 plot considering it's called "Iron conspiracy"
BG1 has the most underrated plot in RPGs btw. The fact that the bhaalspawn garbage overshadows it is a crime.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

If I were you, I wouldn’t have much hope for something good, these developers turned out to be far left liberals.
Rand

Post by Rand »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 17:29
Once again I have to ask if people really play RPGs like this, not even looking at their items or skills
I keep telling you guys Splattercat is a bit of an idiot. But he ploughs through indie games and provides a valuable service nonetheless.
Last edited by Rand on April 2nd, 2024, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

The co-writer/co-founder of Atom Team is Alexander Kompanets who is apparently Russian, and I think most the devs are ethnic Russians (whether they are from Latvia or Ukraine).

Also them being partially based out of Cyprus now indicates some remaining Russian ties to me, but like you said they are making games for the English and ESL audience now. I think they are afraid/ashamed to outright say they are Russian for obvious reasons, especially since they want the western markets cash.