We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Starfield - Todd Howard's latest masterpiece

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Have they released the mod tools that they're probably going to make a subscription service with direction creation club integration yet? I need the trannies to add in ODST armor or perhaps force lightning.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 8th, 2024, 01:50
It takes a lot of effort to open the creation kit and tweak the hacking minigame, ok.
How many employees does Bethesda have again?

It's just sad. I wish I could walk through that office and see what 90% of people are "working" on.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Holy fuck Emil.. you really sit around playing this hot steaming garbage?

TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

The problem with Starfield is that even if mods could fix it... Who would want to mod it at all?

It's an uninspired boring game, and there's just no reason to care about it.

Your efforts would be better placed making mods for Morrowind like a real boomer.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Shillitron wrote: March 8th, 2024, 01:53
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 8th, 2024, 01:50
It takes a lot of effort to open the creation kit and tweak the hacking minigame, ok.
How many employees does Bethesda have again?

It's just sad. I wish I could walk through that office and see what 90% of people are "working" on.
Their phones. Same as everywhere else. Imagine me, but a gay nigger with even more free time.
Analogue Dreams

Post by Analogue Dreams »

TKVNC wrote: March 14th, 2024, 15:28
The problem with Starfield is that even if mods could fix it... Who would want to mod it at all?

Your efforts would be better placed making mods for Morrowind like a real boomer.
Devs and stupid players who have never done any modding in their lives (who call downloading other people's mods "modding" now, like they are doing an active, creative activity going through the hard work of installing someone else's mod) take for granted modders will want to mod their uninspired games now. It says it all people still mod actually good games 20+ years later, while the modding scenes of bad games are generally doa.

Bethesda only gets away with it and gets poor modding scenes without much if any talented modders for their latest games out of sheer numbers and popularity, but they have been treating modders poorly ever since Skyrim when they refused to include the CS for it on release and made modders wait a month or two, despite it coming with the disc for Morrowind and Oblivion. But Starfield has been out since September 2023 and still no modding tools? Wow. They are so entitled to think anyone that matters will even care to mod their awful game by when they release them and won't have moved on already.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Analogue Dreams wrote: March 15th, 2024, 13:46
TKVNC wrote: March 14th, 2024, 15:28

stupid players who have never done any modding in their lives (who call downloading other people's mods "modding" now, like they are doing an active, creative activity going through the hard work of installing someone else's mod)
This has always annoyed me. I will accept people talking waste about my mods (they're mostly just retextures or in game edits, tho I can do some 3D work), but I find it altogether hilarious when people call downloading files "modding" or worse, themselves "modders". I don't really think it's a protected term, and I don't see myself as part of some 'cool' in-group, I just think it's cringe that people who just take, and never give (I mean, even a badly done retexture is still giving), give our community such a bad name.

It's why I pulled my files from Nexus - the change in policy about Rainbow flags was pathetic. I actually personally don't give a damn if someone is gay or not, but restricting what people can and can't make / upload in a community all about making edits, is completely pozzed and autistic. As someone I remember reading a few years back said better than me (might not be verbatim, it was a while ago) "Why give anything to people who hate you".

Fuck Bethesda. Morrowind was the last 'truly' good game they made.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I remember when they were marketing Morrowind pre-release and they kept bringing up the construction set and showing screenshots of it because they wanted players to be able to modify & create content for the game. Two of the promo screenshots they showed off during an interview:
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 14:49
I remember when they were marketing Morrowind pre-release and they kept bringing up the construction set and showing screenshots of it because they wanted players to be able to modify & create content for the game. Two of the promo screenshots they showed off during an interview:
Though I wonder if they knew how many Catsuit mods would be made by Germans for Oblivion as a direct result of this... They might not have been so pro-modding.
Anon

Post by Anon »

The game is clearly in maintenance mode already, so why do people keep having any sort of hope about this game?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

A man breaks into your house and points a gun at your head. He demands you list all the factions in Starfield or he blows your brains out.
How well do you do?
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 13:13
A man breaks into your house and points a gun at your head. He demands you list all the factions in Starfield or he blows your brains out.
How well do you do?
I use my PoC powers to disarm the attacker and go John Wick on his ass

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

How well do you do?
Constellation
The Snakes
Crimson Fleet
Space Cops

easy
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 19th, 2024, 13:23
How well do you do?
Constellation
The Snakes
Crimson Fleet
Space Cops

easy
You forgot
Yes man
House
Tunnel snakes