We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Say goodbye to chocolate: The price of cocoa is about to hit a new all-time high! [UPDATE: New ATH reached in Feb. 2024]

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Silver

Post by Silver »

From what I know, Lindt has very little of actual "chocolaty' flavour in it.
They over-grind and over-work their beans, which is why you get the super "melt in your mouth" texture at the cost of actual "cocoa beans" flavour.

Not saying I don't like that chocolate myself or that it's bad for any reason, but for me it was surprising to know that because of time they put into grinding they are loosing on the chocolate taste, instead retaining only sweetness from added sugars.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Fuck you. I ate an entire German Chocolate Cake by myself. Tomorrow I may go to Coldstone Creamery and eat a German Chocolate Icecream. Try and stop me, niggers.
BobT

Post by BobT »

maidenhaver wrote: February 21st, 2024, 01:57
Fuck you. I ate an entire German Chocolate Cake by myself. Tomorrow I may go to Coldstone Creamery and eat a German Chocolate Icecream. Try and stop me, niggers.
Based bogtrotter.
cbight

Post by cbight »

Man, this thing is going to the moooooooooon:

It's currently sitting at 8140 USD per ton. Might even overtake Bitcoin in terms of profit since fall 2022:

BITCOIN - up 380% since 2022:

COCOA - up 290% since 2022:

Is it too late to create my own CoCoa shitCoin (CCC)?
Last edited by cbight on March 18th, 2024, 14:11, edited 3 times in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

There's no cocoa in English chocolate anymore either, just palm fat and corn syrup.

No loss on the goyslop front.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Olive oil has increased dramatically as well. Maybe there is a plan to destroy traditional european cuisine...
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Anon wrote: March 18th, 2024, 13:00
Olive oil has increased dramatically as well. Maybe there is a plan to destroy traditional european cuisine...
Maybe there's a fake olive oil crackdown
Anon

Post by Anon »

Atlantico wrote: March 18th, 2024, 13:23
Anon wrote: March 18th, 2024, 13:00
Maybe there's a fake olive oil crackdown
Fake olive oil has since ever been a problem, that's for sure. But nowadays price increases is being attributed to "global warming" affecting crops
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Anon wrote: March 18th, 2024, 13:26
But nowadays price increases is being attributed to "global warming" affecting crops
Yes, that's the narrative. But what is the reality, that's more interesting
cbight

Post by cbight »

WE DID IT, GUYS: WE JUST HIT 10 000 US DOLLARS PER TON:

What a great time to be alive when the prices of real life commodities behave like shitcoins!

Also @ everyone thinking this won't affect American chocolate because they don't use cocoa beans: The industry knows that Americans don't know that, so they're most certainly going to hike prices.

P.S.: Will update this thread again when we've hit 20 000 USD per ton. So, see you in a few weeks. :'D
Last edited by cbight on March 26th, 2024, 17:41, edited 3 times in total.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

maidenhaver wrote: February 21st, 2024, 01:57
A man after my own obese heart. I'm eating pizza off of my naked gut right now (I'm using my belly button as a ranch well)