We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Help in figuring out how to extract audio PCK files in PF: WotR

Game development hub. Projects, modding, and resources.
ManOTheWest

Help in figuring out how to extract audio PCK files in PF: WotR

Post by ManOTheWest »

After requesting a mod for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, I've decided to make an attempt at tackling the mod myself.

I've successfully figured out how to change in-game text, but I'm trying to access voiceover dialogue, found in the following game asset folder:

Steam\steamapps\common\Pathfinder Second Adventure\Wrath_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\GeneratedSoundBanks\Windows\Packages

The files in this folder are .PCK files.

There appears to be ample info online on how to extract and change/edit companion voicepacks which are in a different folder and contained within .BNK files, but I've had no luck finding info on extracting/editing files in the PCK files.

Any help in this regard, or direction on where to go for help, would be greatly appreciated!
ManOTheWest

Post by ManOTheWest »

Ok, so after hours of trying to figure it out this morning before creating my original post, I tried one last thing... and lo and behold, it worked.

The trick was using a more recent version of Wwise Audio Unpacker (github.com/f1ac/Wwise-Audio-Unpacker/releases/tag/1.3) and using the .BAT for extracting WEM files.

Now I just need to figure out how to repack any edited audio files back into the original .PCK file such that the game still recognizes them and plays the edited files.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

ManOTheWest wrote: February 20th, 2024, 19:15
Ok, so after hours of trying to figure it out this morning before creating my original post, I tried one last thing... and lo and behold, it worked.

The trick was using a more recent version of Wwise Audio Unpacker (github.com/f1ac/Wwise-Audio-Unpacker/releases/tag/1.3) and using the .BAT for extracting WEM files.

Now I just need to figure out how to repack any edited audio files back into the original .PCK file such that the game still recognizes them and plays the edited files.
Looks like this can be used to replace the .wem files inside the PCK archives:
https://github.com/hpxro7/wwiseutil
I've never used it so ymmv.

You'll need the wwise tool from audiokinetic to convert your audio files into .wem: https://www.audiokinetic.com/en/download/
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ManOTheWest wrote: February 20th, 2024, 19:15

Hi,
We use WEM files for BG3. This video is about BG3 but the conversion is the same principle:
I've time stamped the video to the part that you need:
Last edited by orinEsque on February 20th, 2024, 20:35, edited 3 times in total.
FloSharChosen

Post by FloSharChosen »

Greetings, I'm looking for exactly this mod.

Pathfinder is a very good game but I'm in the Prologue and I've already got a lesbian story blowing up in my face. Your work is eagerly awaited!
ManOTheWest

Post by ManOTheWest »

FloSharChosen wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 22:03

Pathfinder is a very good game but I'm in the Prologue and I've already got a lesbian story blowing up in my face. Your work is eagerly awaited!
I've figured out how to edit the in-game text for dialogues and how to change Anevia's portrait (and name to something more masculine) but I've hit a roadblock on sound editing, as Anevia has a bunch of voiceover audio. I need a way to be able to successfully repack Audiokinetic WWise PCK files. I can extract the audio files I need no problem at this point, but I can't repack any edited/new ones into a new PCK that the game will properly read.
Last edited by ManOTheWest on February 27th, 2024, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ManOTheWest wrote: February 27th, 2024, 19:16
FloSharChosen wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 22:03

I've figured out how to edit the in-game text for dialogues and how to change Anevia's portrait (and name to something more masculine) but I've hit a roadblock on sound editing, as Anevia has a bunch of voiceover audio. I need a way to be able to successfully repack Audiokinetic WWise PCK files. I can extract the audio files I need no problem at this point, but I can't repack any edited/new ones into a new PCK that the game will properly read.
I'll send you solution on PM.
Last edited by orinEsque on February 27th, 2024, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Replacing Seelah's voice with something what doesn't sound like a hoodrat would be improvement...doesn't fix the writing but could make her at least somewhat tolerable.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Griffin wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 17:58
Replacing Seelah's voice with something what doesn't sound like a hoodrat would be improvement...doesn't fix the writing but could make her at least somewhat tolerable.
She's gonna be changed completely.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

A couple of years ago there was a Seelah mod that changed voice and had white and asian portait options. It was up for a long time. I'm guessing not anymore but someone here may have that one.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Acrux wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 19:29
A couple of years ago there was a Seelah mod that changed voice and had white and asian portait options. It was up for a long time. I'm guessing not anymore but someone here may have that one.
I have the portrait but that one didn't come with the voice, unless someone else created one too.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Oh, maybe it was 2 different mods then. There was a voice one, too.
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

Found this on BasedMods, did it look like this?

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

LemonDemonGirl wrote: March 26th, 2024, 01:02

I was actually fine with Ekundayo(black archer) in kingmaker tbh. He's even a foreigner not native to the lands.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 26th, 2024, 01:40
LemonDemonGirl wrote: March 26th, 2024, 01:02

I was actually fine with Ekundayo(black archer) in kingmaker tbh. He's even a foreigner not native to the lands.
Wasn't his personal quest hooking him up with a white woman?