We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Game Sales & Freebies

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Geneforge remake is half-off
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 27th, 2024, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Guards! is releasing in a couple of days. I know it recently had a demo - did anyone try it? Any good?

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Acrux wrote: February 27th, 2024, 22:22
Guards! is releasing in a couple of days. I know it recently had a demo - did anyone try it? Any good?

It's Deep Rock Galactic+Vermintide+Dark Messiah but very cheap. If it's like $5 and you have 3 friends you'll have fun for a bit.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 28th, 2024, 03:16
It's Deep Rock Galactic
Never played it
Never played it
That sounds good.
but very cheap. If it's like $5
That sounds goo-
and you have 3 friends you'll have fun for a bit.
Oh, nevermind.
ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

ITAD has a page for bundles now
https://isthereanydeal.com/bundles/

Outward: Definitive Edition is on sale for $6, seems to be the cheapest ever. I picked it up if anyone wants to play.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Seven i s 95% off, so if it sounds like something you'd enjoy at all you should grab it.
I've recommended this before, it went under everyone's radar and is very good.
rusty_shackleford wrote: August 6th, 2023, 20:25
Seven: Days Long Gone.

I guess it's sorta like an isometric/birds-eye-view doosex/thief, the opening area/tutorial is really subpar and turned me away twice. I've never seen anyone discussing it, released with a big "meh" and then quickly forgotten. It's not an RPG despite advertising itself as such. If you like stealth games, give it a try. Has very good controls, probably some of the best for birds-eye-view style games.

Recent reviews mention issues launching it(has mostly negative), but I didn't have any issues.

I'm not even a fan of stealth games and I enjoy it.
Also, I bought it for about a quarter.

It's one of those immy-simmy games imo. Just stick with it past the tutorial and it gets a lot better.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 5th, 2024, 00:38, edited 2 times in total.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 00:37

Seven i s 95% off, so if it sounds like something you'd enjoy at all you should grab it.

I guess it's sorta like an isometric/birds-eye-view doosex/thief, the opening area/tutorial is really subpar and turned me away twice. I've never seen anyone discussing it, released with a big "meh" and then quickly forgotten. It's not an RPG despite advertising itself as such. If you like stealth games, give it a try. Has very good controls, probably some of the best for birds-eye-view style games.

Recent reviews mention issues launching it(has mostly negative), but I didn't have any issues.

It's one of those immy-simmy games imo. Just stick with it past the tutorial and it gets a lot better.
Open world stealth isometric action rpg....tells me absolutely nothing about the game. Devs who use these terms should be banned. A proper description would be, you are theifman, skulking around the wastelands of whocaresville stealing stabbing and sucking anything that gets in your path.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Boontaker wrote: March 5th, 2024, 00:41
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 00:37

Open world stealth isometric action rpg....tells me absolutely nothing about the game. Devs who use these terms should be banned. A proper description would be, you are theifman, skulking around the wastelands of whocaresville stealing stabbing and sucking anything that gets in your path.
It's not even an RPG, it's just an isometric immy-simmy stealth/action game.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 5th, 2024, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Boontaker wrote: March 5th, 2024, 00:41

its a boomer shooter
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Instead of realistic darkness, the game uses an isometric camera to impede your view.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

A bunch of games owned by EA are now available on Steam if someone wants them on there for some reason (Alpha Centauri, Command & Conquer, etc.)

https://store.steampowered.com/news/gro ... ?l=english

Apparently SMAX can be played on the Steam Deck. I think some of you might be interested in that.
Last edited by Acrux on March 8th, 2024, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

This mught be of interest to ARPG fans. Reviews say it's similar to Diablo 1.

https://www.gog.com/game/book_of_demons
Last edited by Acrux on March 22nd, 2024, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
Kowe

Post by Kowe »

To add upon what Acrux wrote. GoG is currently having a Spring Sale.
For RPGs, the discounted catalogue of games it spans 17 sites of games, and 28 with DLCs. Includes the Fallout, Witcher, Might & Magic, Ultima, Risen, Gothic series, and more.
Last edited by Kowe on March 22nd, 2024, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

Last edited by ManjuShri on March 26th, 2024, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

Realms of Antiquity: The Shattered Crown is now available from GOG and is 50% off until April 9th.
ImageImageImage
► Also...
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

SpellSword wrote: April 4th, 2024, 01:56
Realms of Antiquity: The Shattered Crown is now available from GOG and is 50% off until April 9th.
ImageImageImage
► Also...
Is this the one made for the Apple II that has the very annoying blurry filter?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

ImageImageImage
► Also...
I would love for this to be next month's game. It's my favorite TI-99/4a game of all time!
► Show Spoiler
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 4th, 2024, 02:49
ImageImageImage
► Also...
Is this the one made for the Apple II that has the very annoying blurry filter?
No, that's Nox Archaist and all Apple II games have chromatic aberration.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Tweed wrote: April 4th, 2024, 02:55
No, that's Nox Archaist and all Apple II games have chromatic aberration.
Yea but it's the Year of Our Lord 2024 therefore we don't need to purposely kill our eyes to play games.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

It looks beautiful on a normal monitor.
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

It appears that several Data East games are going to be removed from online stores. GOG has them on sale for 50% off so if you are interested in arcade games this may be a good time to pick up a few.
► GOG's Announcement

Here is the list of games:
Bad Dudes
► Bad Dudes

BreakThru
► BreakThru

Express Raider
► Express Raider

Gate of Doom
► Gate of Doom

Heavy Barrel
► Heavy Barrel

Joe & Mac - Caveman Ninja
► Joe & Mac - Caveman Ninja

Joe & Mac Returns
► Joe & Mac Returns

Night Slashers
► Night Slashers

SRD - Super Real Darwin
► SRD - Super Real Darwin

Super BurgerTime
► Super BurgerTime

Two Crude
► Two Crude

Wizard Fire
► Wizard Fire
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

The discounted prices on those ancient arcade roms seems a bit much. Remember, pirated roms are always free. :)
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Unless they give me a really good reason as to why they're being pulled from the store, I'd say pirate them. Almost guaranteed that nobody involved in making those is getting that money.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Also the fact the games are likely just a rom wrapped in a shitty, proprietary emulator (or a poorly optimized freeware one) and will run like ass.

I am a paypig, but not even I see a point purchasing these kind of products, unless the devs went the extra mile to include additional features and goodies.
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

gerey wrote: April 16th, 2024, 10:13
Also the fact the games are likely just a rom wrapped in a shitty, proprietary emulator (or a poorly optimized freeware one) and will run like ass.

I am a paypig, but not even I see a point purchasing these kind of products, unless the devs went the extra mile to include additional features and goodies.
Looks like Gerey's right about the included emulation it is getting poor reviews:
Do all the Data East titles form this developer still have the forced, game breaking BLUR filter?
Bavanity wrote:
UnholyBlood wrote:
I’m more worried about the controls .. heard there’s lots of issues with that
Yeah such a shame. I remember I had the GOG version of gate of doom and it was completely broken. Returned it.

But the really sad part is, and I am being sincere here as I grew up with these games as a teen, is that a lot of the games in this series are fantastic and they deserve better than this horrible developer. The Johnny Turbo releases (same dev) were also shockingly bad on Switch, and they ruined the PC ports as well.

It's almost insulting to an overall very memorable arcade dev like Data East.

NO dip switch settings, NO rewind (ok that's a cheat so can live without that), NO speed toggles, NO sharp pixel mode, NO custom control configuration - the list goes on. Why on Earth won't they update them?

The last video I saw on the matter basically summed it up as "great games, lazy emulation porting".

They could fix these still to this day and put them in one nice say 39.95 package for the lot and actually sell well.

Toaplan have changed the bar with their releases, the features are truly incredible and they play flawlessly in every single way and want for nada. Johnny Turbo or whatever you call yourself these days, take the lesson and the hint.
RockyVega wrote:
Port works fine, but the video options are trash.

You get TWO OPTIONS.

CRT Shader or none in which the later looks blurred due to bilinear filtering.

Would it have been that hard to give us the option of raw pixels?

Refunded.

What a waste. :sad:
Last edited by SpellSword on April 16th, 2024, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

this is something they could get some emulation nerd to do for them for like $50