We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Quantic Gamer Profile: WHAT GAMES DO YOU CONSUME POD-PERSON XXXXX?!

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

The Quantic Gamer Profile: WHAT GAMES DO YOU CONSUME POD-PERSON XXXXX?!

Post by Kalarion »

My master has spoken, and I have obeyed.

https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/surveys ... erprofile/

I got:
https://quantic.page.link/Us3DpqGtv2jiKo5i7

YOU ARE: Architect/Skirmisher

Skirmisher is wrong, I suspect the survey incorrectly weighted me for general multiplayer PVP when my enjoyment comes primarily from group-focused MMO content.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

I'm very impressed by how accurate this thing is. I specified some oblique/meme games that I enjoyed recently and it recommended some of my all-time favs:

https://quantic.page.link/HDseiyzFSBLL8mq5A
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I did this once a long time ago, but it made me redo it. Thankfully it showed my old answers, so the result is mostly the same.
Quantic wrote:
Your Quantic Gamer Type :
GLADIATOR

Gladiators are competitive gamers who are more likely to identify as hardcore, and they want games to engage them using a broad spectrum of features. They are looking for an epic, skill-based experience in the games they play.
Yup, sounds about right. Whether solo or PvP, I want games to push me to the limit.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

[dropshadow=yellow]Bounty Hunter
https://quantic.page.link/Vcyx7rwdDFwCWPVa9

Pretty accurate actually. 8/10 would let mine my data.

Recommends Pillars. Well, I DID play it once. Just didn't like it. Other than that, all the usual recommendations are there, lots of which I've already played.

Also recommends Dayus Sex Human Revolution. Is that one good? Looked a bit gay when it came out.

- Humbaba[/dropshadow]
boot

Post by boot »

Humbaba wrote: July 29th, 2023, 18:25
[dropshadow=yellow]Bounty Hunter
https://quantic.page.link/Vcyx7rwdDFwCWPVa9

Pretty accurate actually. 8/10 would let mine my data.

Recommends Pillars. Well, I DID play it once. Just didn't like it. Other than that, all the usual recommendations are there, lots of which I've already played.

Also recommends Dayus Sex Human Revolution. Is that one good? Looked a bit gay when it came out.

- Humbaba[/dropshadow]
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is pretty good, at least the first half was. Nearing the end of my playthrough and it's not nearly as memorable as the original Deus Ex but does start off very strong. Would recommend.

I got the uh Architect
https://quantic.page.link/kbBKbfKYCQL9FePBA
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Architect / Slayer - no real surprise to me.
Architect: "My Empire Begins With This Village."
Slayer: "The Hero in a Cinematic Story."

Your primary (dominant) player type is the Architect, but you also lean towards a secondary player type, the Slayer.

Architects are solo gamers that enjoy planning, decision-making, and progression. They prefer slow-paced, relaxing gameplay where they can plan and build something grand and enduring.

Slayers want to be the heroic protagonists in a cinematic story. They are solo gamers who enjoy highly curated narratives and slower-paced gameplay. They see games as highly interactive action movies to be experienced.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Bounty Hunter / Bard
https://quantic.page.link/K2i61gma33EcTJDSA
Bounty Hunters are solo, action-oriented explorers who want game worlds that they can make their own through customization and discovery. They also enjoy power progression and unleashing mayhem.

Bards are team players who want to chat and interact with other players in game worlds that are rich with lore, stories, discovery, and customization. For them, the game is a grand story that emerges from a community of players.
Bards are cool. Everyone loves bards.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Your primary (dominant) player type is the Acrobat.

Acrobats are solo gamers who primarily want to take on challenging gameplay and they want to practice over and over again until they can take on the most difficult missions and bosses in the game.
Amazing, it found out what games I like and all I had to do was tell it what games I like. AI is the future.
Fedora Master
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Fedora Master »

https://quantic.page.link/aT6WguYkQ241vFhh9

This was retarded. End of.

I ain't no fucking bard. I don't like MP all that much and the MMO community is full of double-digit IQ retards that would be better off gassed.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Any quiz that presents you with Male, Female, and Non-Binary is automatic pass for me. That's because the retards presented the binary of Binary or Non-Binary plus promotes the sexual identity insanity.

I'm deducting 500 XP from all your characters @Kalarion. :smug:
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Your Quantic Gamer Type :
Slayer / Gardener

Your primary (dominant) player type is the Slayer, but you also lean towards a secondary player type, the Gardener.

Slayers want to be the heroic protagonists in a cinematic story. They are solo gamers who enjoy highly curated narratives and slower-paced gameplay. They see games as highly interactive action movies to be experienced.

Gardeners are looking for quiet, relaxing task completion. They enjoy accessible gameplay that focuses on completing levels/quests, collecting stars/trophies, and collecting collectibles.

This site is calling me the ultimate casual. :lol:
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Bounty Hunter/Gladiator

Bounty Hunters are solo, action-oriented explorers who want game worlds that they can make their own through customization and discovery. They also enjoy power progression and unleashing mayhem.

Gladiators are competitive gamers who are more likely to identify as hardcore, and they want games to engage them using a broad spectrum of features. They are looking for an epic, skill-based experience in the games they play.

I want games that try to screw me over at every turn only for me to shake my fist at the heavens in defiance.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

MadPreacher wrote: July 29th, 2023, 22:28
I'm deducting 500 XP from all your characters @Kalarion.
You can't do that! Rusty told me to start the thread. I WAS JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS!
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Kalarion wrote: July 30th, 2023, 02:06
MadPreacher wrote: July 29th, 2023, 22:28
I'm deducting 500 XP from all your characters @Kalarion.
You can't do that! Rusty told me to start the thread. I WAS JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS!
:eyebrows: How well did the just following orders bit work at Nuremburg?

:smug:
Decline

Post by Decline »

I started to answer this then saw the number of questions and closed the browser tab.

This is just retarded.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Fedora Master wrote: July 29th, 2023, 21:21
This was retarded. End of.

I ain't no fucking bard. I don't like MP all that much and the MMO community is full of double-digit IQ retards that would be better off gassed.
[dropshadow=yellow]I think it's time for some personal introspection, instead of coping.

-Humbaba[/dropshadow]
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

No, it is no good.

The sequel Mankind Divided is passable entertainment. Human Revolution is a waste of space.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Atlantico wrote: July 31st, 2023, 09:07
No, it is no good.

The sequel Mankind Divided is passable entertainment. Human Revolution is a waste of space.
I liked both.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

rusty_shackleford wrote: July 31st, 2023, 13:53
Atlantico wrote: July 31st, 2023, 09:07
No, it is no good.

I liked both.
In isolation I like Human Revolution well enough, but as a DX game it does not work for me.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Kalarion wrote: July 29th, 2023, 17:57
Skirmisher is wrong, I suspect the survey incorrectly weighted me for general multiplayer PVP when my enjoyment comes primarily from group-focused MMO content.
I got this, which put me in the same category as you. I'm not sure how accurate this test is since we vigorously disagree on everything, though. And all of the things it recommended me were nothing I particularly cared for.
Fedora Master wrote: July 29th, 2023, 21:21
I agree with you, but my attraction to MP is to be the one doing the gassing.
Tweed wrote: July 29th, 2023, 23:18
I want games that try to screw me over at every turn only for me to shake my fist at the heavens in defiance.
I play games like that, but apparently I annoy all the other players by treating everything as a problem to be solved, and then actually doing so. Usually, the solution falls into the class of "works, but is too weird for people to accept".
TheCumGuzzler

Post by TheCumGuzzler »

Skirmisher / Gladiator, I do play my fair share of PvP games but all the recommendations were PvP/MP games :\