We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

HQ is seeking reviews for RPGs. RPG reviews. Reviews of RPGs. Also non-RPGs.

HQ-related news you should probably read.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

HQ is seeking reviews for RPGs. RPG reviews. Reviews of RPGs. Also non-RPGs.

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I'm planning on adding a dedicated review subforum, and I'm looking to put some high quality content there. Only restriction is that it must be an RPG. Release date does not matter. At least high school essay quality/length, please. Screenshots are highly recommended.

Interested? PM me.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Ok, but hear me out: what if I want to review a non-RPG? I play a fair number of those. Can't we just have a non-RPG review tag or section? We already have a non-RPG discussion forum.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

You will never be a real roleplaying game. You have no story development, you have no real quests, you have no main character. You are a tactical game twisted by nerds into a crude mockery of gaming’s perfection.

All the “validation” you get is two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people mock you. Your developers are disgusted and ashamed of you.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: April 10th, 2023, 20:45
Ok, but hear me out: what if I want to review a non-RPG? I play a fair number of those. Can't we just have a non-RPG review tag or section? We already have a non-RPG discussion forum.
Sure, why not. I'd prefer RPGs, but anything is fine really.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 11th, 2023, 03:06
You will never be a real roleplaying game. You have no story development, you have no real quests, you have no main character..
it does though
Vic

Post by Vic »

forget it, if he says it’s not an RPG then it’s not an RPG. That’s how this site works.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vic wrote: April 12th, 2023, 16:38
forget it, if he says it’s not an RPG then it’s not an RPG. That’s how this site works.
rusty_shackleford wrote: February 19th, 2023, 09:16
It was reported for not being an RPG, which I concur with. It's a digital gamebook.
If enough people feel it's an RPG then I'll move it back, but I didn't feel like this was going to happen.
You seem upset.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

I've been playing a lot of JA2 recently, so yeah it's not an RPG. You could build an RPG into the game as it is, no problem — but nobody did so it isn't.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I'll write a review if I play something worth reviewing, but I'm not playing anything until the end of the month