We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Baldur's Gate 3 - The Dark Urge (Spoilers!)

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:10
I'll try it when the game is finished updating/every last No Alphabets microissue has been resolved. I'll even let Astarion live this time.
BG3 2025 release date
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Wasn’t Dark Urge going to be the default playthrough but they eventually separated it, so Custom Tavs just end up being soulless husks?

Also why the hell did Larian waste so much time making origin playthroughs
Last edited by loregamer on March 20th, 2024, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

loregamer wrote: March 20th, 2024, 16:53
Wasn’t Dark Urge going to be the default playthrough but they eventually separated it, so Custom Tavs just end up being soulless husks?

Because that's their style, DOS 1 and 2 has this same shit.

In DOS 1 and 2 it can even make sense as a "play from origin POV playthrough", but for BG3 it's stupid because you lose all the voice acting and there are so few perks gained from doing that, huge miss from Larian overall.
Last edited by Anon on March 20th, 2024, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Anon wrote: March 20th, 2024, 17:06

In DOS 1 and 2 it can even make sense as a "play from origin POV playthrough", but for BG3 it's stupid because you lose all the voice acting and there are so few perks gained from doing that, huge miss from Larian overall.
dos1 has no origins, the main characters are just part of the storyline but player-created
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 20th, 2024, 17:08
Anon wrote: March 20th, 2024, 17:06

dos1 has no origins, the main characters are just part of the storyline but player-created
Ty for the correction
Metalhead33

Post by Metalhead33 »

OnTilt wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:28
All the characters are "bi". I thought Gale was a cool guy and thought we could be friends. Fell for the whole "you wanna see a magic trick" bit.
More like "playersexual" (for player convenience).... or Tavsexual.... or Durgesexual. Other than that, Gale is supposed to be straight (literally fucked a goddess, Mystra), Astarion is supposedly bi (fucks Lae'zel, but also had Sebastian), and everyone else probably canonically straight.
Anyway, I had the same experience with Gale. I thought trying to learn magic from him was a friendly gesture. Then I narrowly avoided a gay sex scene in the last minute. Wtf Larian.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Metalhead33 wrote: March 21st, 2024, 06:49
Anyway, I had the same experience with Gale. I thought trying to learn magic from him was a friendly gesture. Then I narrowly avoided a gay sex scene in the last minute. Wtf Larian.
I'm not sure if it was a bug, but after that magic lesson, Gale would not take no for a fucking answer. I chose the rudest, most insulting dialogue options imaginable after that. Gale still told me he was in love with me and got mad at me later for "leading him on".

I wish I waited for Better Romance to be a thingImage
Last edited by loregamer on March 21st, 2024, 07:02, edited 2 times in total.
Metalhead33

Post by Metalhead33 »

loregamer wrote: March 21st, 2024, 06:59
I'm not sure if it was a bug, but after that magic lesson, Gale would not take no for a fucking answer. I chose the rudest, most insulting dialogue options imaginable after that. Gale still told me he was in love with me and got mad at me later for "leading him on".

Yeah, my first playthrough was vanilla too, and parts like these were jarring. Though, they didn't compare to Lame Aylin and all the alphabet nonsense in Act 3. Truly black spots on what otherwise could have and should have been a solid 10/10.
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

loregamer wrote: March 21st, 2024, 06:59

It's a pretty common bug with the game. In my another play through, I romanced Astarion but Gale kept coming onto me. I've heard similar experiences. In my first playthrough tho, we had a mutual friend zone and he was my bro. Now I'm romancing him just for the experience, I want to romance different companions out of curiosity in different playthoughs.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Anon wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:45
Tweed wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:38
This is either an alt or someone not destined to be here long.
She's done 1 post, went silent after 1 day of burning, then she came back and done 51 posts and counting, I think she's joining the club with @Red7 @Slavic Sorcerer @Lord of Riva (total nutjobs who are here to stay)
Rude.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Lord of Riva wrote: March 21st, 2024, 20:03
Anon wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:45
Tweed wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:38
This is either an alt or someone not destined to be here long.
She's done 1 post, went silent after 1 day of burning, then she came back and done 51 posts and counting, I think she's joining the club with @Red7 @Slavic Sorcerer @Lord of Riva (total nutjobs who are here to stay)
Rude.
Don't hold it personally m8, it's only banter, I like you