We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Why do women find Astarion attractive?

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 16th, 2024, 17:45
Makirige wrote: March 16th, 2024, 17:38
Normally he wouldn't be so theatrical, in the early access version he was strictly straight. He's been gayified just to satisfy the faggot community, pure marketing.
You sure? I remember his background description mentioning that he seduced men.
The early access version of the game is basically mythological at this point. People just claim things about it with no evidence which is really funny for someone who actually played it and had a wife obsessed with it.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Vergil wrote: March 16th, 2024, 17:48
People just claim things about it with no evidence which is really funny for someone who actually played it and had a wife obsessed with it.
Who?
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

It's because he's a vampire.

That's literally the entire question answered.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: March 16th, 2024, 17:48
Normally he wouldn't be so theatrical, in the early access version he was strictly straight. He's been gayified just to satisfy the faggot community, pure marketing.
The early access version of the game is basically mythological at this point. People just claim things about it with no evidence which is really funny for someone who actually played it and had a wife obsessed with it.
Straight Astarion is locked in the white room, we've gotta find the teleportation wand in the teahouse to let him out!
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

A room that only people who are really White know about
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

I remember playing early access, and he was saying "darling" to men in the same camp theatrical voice.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 16th, 2024, 17:54
I remember playing early access, and he was saying "darling" to men in the same camp theatrical voice.
I'd say it's out of "habit" with what he's been doing for 200 years?
But I'm sure I've seen posts that claim he was less mannered, and more straight.
I'm trying to find it, but I'm tired and it's going to take me a while. I don't even know what language I read it in anymore.

Already the random early access videos, he'd be exaggerating a lot less
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Makirige wrote: March 16th, 2024, 18:05
ArcaneLurker wrote: March 16th, 2024, 17:54
I'd say it's out of "habit" with what he's been doing for 200 years?
But I'm sure I've seen posts that claim he was less mannered, and more straight.
I'm trying to find it, but I'm tired and it's going to take me a while. I don't even know what language I read it in anymore.

Already the random early access videos, he'd be exaggerating a lot less
Maybe there was a change in animations for Elves?
Normal body elf males have really camp gesturing. I don't recall them being like that.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 16th, 2024, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Makirige wrote: March 16th, 2024, 17:47
I've read a lot of posts claiming that Astarion was straight and more masculine in early access. :scratch:
Vergil the closet gay, will not stand for his Astarion being straight. There's no point arguing with him.
Last edited by orinEsque on March 16th, 2024, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Vergil wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 01:15
You can see the female complete lack of empathy and understanding by the way they all talk about Astarion as some sort of daddy dom sex object instead of any character traits beyond the surface.
Well, he's a vidya game character. I think we all treat vidya game characters like that. Cuz they aren't real people. People who think vidya game characters are actual people are mentally ill.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Norfleet wrote: March 16th, 2024, 18:10
Vergil wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 01:15
You can see the female complete lack of empathy and understanding by the way they all talk about Astarion as some sort of daddy dom sex object instead of any character traits beyond the surface.
Well, he's a vidya game character. I think we all treat vidya game characters like that. Cuz they aren't real people. People who think vidya game characters are actual people are mentally ill.
Some characters are more real than most NPCs you see walking around irl. :goldfish:
Anon

Post by Anon »

I've read a lot of posts claiming that Astarion was straight and more masculine in early access. :scratch:
r/baldursgate3 is the most braindead gaming community i've found on reddit so far, and that says a lot. Don't believe anything they say.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

I can understand you hating him because he's hitting on you too.
Let me clarify

I like him apart from that, because I hate other men who are very boring, one who tells too much about his life that you don't care about, one who complains and feels sorry for himself, and one who hits on you in a very cringeworthy way (with rapist eyes) and then white characters with white hair, I always like them. and a vampire.

I've done a lot of research and found a lot of stuff that breaks the gay thing.

English nobles have manners like Astarion has, and so do French nobles.
This way of acting is a way for him to "seduce" prey, to give them to Cazador.
We could say it's his "weapon".
The fact that Cazador has sexually abused both men and women makes me wonder if he ordered Astarion to bring him men, because Cazador likes to suck the blood out of men lol.

Then, he openly flirts with Shadowheart when you play Shadowheart in origin run.

And if you don't choose to sleep with him, he says he fucked Laezel.
He had (before patch 6) an original kiss with Karlach.

A lot of women, like me, like him because he's sexy, and charming.

Anyway, you can say what you want, I respect your opinions.

Edit: Everyone often says that Astarion's VA is gay. He's pretending, it's for marketing, and he's straight and married to a woman lmaooo
I found something.
The composer of the music for Baldur's Gate 3 has posted an official video featuring the couple of Shadowheart and Astarion for Down by the river? Astarion not gayyyyyy

They're cute together.

I haven't had time to look for the posts that say so, but just the videos of the early access, he was less exaggerated in his gestures. More straight.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Anon wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:14

r/baldursgate3 is the most braindead gaming community i've found on reddit so far, and that says a lot. Don't believe anything they say.
I've never been on reddit.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Makirige wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:27
The composer of the music for Baldur's Gate 3 has posted an official video featuring the couple of Shadowheart and Astarion for Down by the river? Astarion not gayyyyyy
Should I post all the official screenshots that show Shadowheart and Lae'zel as dykes or can you just admit this is pure cope and save me the trouble and disgust?
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Vergil wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:30
Makirige wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:27
Should I post all the official screenshots that show Shadowheart and Lae'zel as dykes or can you just admit this is pure cope and save me the trouble and disgust?
Have you ever heard of marketing to make faggots happy ?
Larian has understood this very well and is taking the piss out of it. That's why Astarion became more 'gay' between early access and today.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Makirige wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:36
That's why Astarion became more 'gay' between early access and today.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Vergil wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:39
I put the word in inverted commas = I'm not affirming. His mannerisms are more open to interpretation as you do. :scratch:
But fine, keep thinking he's strictly gay, but he's not.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Makirige wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:42
Vergil wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:39
I put the word in inverted commas = I'm not affirming. His mannerisms are more open to interpretation as you do. :scratch:
A lot of words for "no". :scratch:
Anon

Post by Anon »

Makirige wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:28
Anon wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:14

I've never been on reddit.
gaming journalists who extract all their "content" from reddit, it's the same.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Vergil wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:44
Makirige wrote: March 18th, 2024, 02:42
A lot of words for "no". :scratch:
"We believe what we want to believe"
Now, enjoy Astrarion flirting with SH, banging Laezel, and having unique interactions with Karlach like the kiss.