We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

"Sweet Baby Inc detected" and other noticings involving the Marxist takeover of gaming

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

aweigh wrote: March 15th, 2024, 19:52
context: the daily wire are crypto-SJWs and hate gaming, they resent that they "have to" cover gaming news now because gamergate 2.0 is trending. this is matt walsh's editor (or whatever) absolutely SEETHING because gamers dared to criticize Walsh for his retarded crypto-SJW opinions on gaming:

it's really ironic seeing them cry about "man-babies"
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

It doesn't seem to do anything yet, but evidently the Sweet Baby Inc Detected guy wants to turn it into a database disconnected from Steam of games SBI has touched.
Analogue Dreams

Post by Analogue Dreams »

I looked away from this forum for a week, and the thread recommending a helpful list that lets you avoid buying games that support some creepy DEI company with a pedo logo turned into Gamer Gate 2.0. I really don't get why this is such a big deal, but then it didn't make sense the first time either. Reading the thread, but none of these people make sense. Funny they call everyone else the harassers and Gamergaters, but it seems to be them who do the harassment and started using that term again. They need a break from the internet.

I don't understand why everyone outside of here is so obsessed with this so suddenly and seems to know about it now, are the twitter journalist cockroaches patrolling this place to report on the latest from RPG HQ now? I mentioned it somewhere I shouldn't have and exposed myself as a thought criminal, since apparently normies all know about Gamergate 2.0 better than I do, and think if you are confused by the big deal behind a list of companies to avoid, or that it's wrong to harass someone who makes such a list regardless of their beliefs, you are a nazi or falling for their "far right propaganda." I don't want to give money to creepy baby logo DEI consultants who harass Steam game list makers, sieg heil! :salute:
Anon

Post by Anon »

Looks like Kabrutus really is capitalizing on his fame and wants to earn big bucks with it. But as long as he does a good public service for it, I've got nothing at all against.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Analogue Dreams wrote: March 15th, 2024, 20:12
I don't understand why everyone outside of here is so obsessed with this so suddenly and seems to know about it now, are the twitter journalist cockroaches patrolling this place to report on the latest from RPG HQ now?
I think it was gaining traction on Steam when the SBI people found it and started inciting harassment on Twitter leading to the Streissand effect boosting its popularity wildly. It's being called GG2.0 because, surprise surprise, it's basically the same people behind this stuff as it was the last time. They know everyone hates them and that their efforts to reshape the culture are despised, so even just noticing them is tantamount to an attack in their eyes.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The developers are correct, and I'm glad the guy maintaining the list is also aware that it's not sweet baby causing some wicked corruption on the industry but merely a symptom. Journalists and libtards are obviously going to double down on this being about sweetbaby rather than the entirety of the rot — this is exactly what they did during Gamergate and it somehow being about targeting a specific woman/women. Game developers coming out and saying "haha! You thought it was sweetbaby that made us suck cock, but we actually love cock!" isn't helping them tho.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 15th, 2024, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Analogue Dreams wrote: March 15th, 2024, 20:12
are the twitter journalist cockroaches patrolling this place to report on the latest from RPG HQ now?
Doubtful. Rusty put up some basic security a while back.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Another dimension is that their grift is failing.
The industry is laying off actual devs.
The ESG money is drying up and corporate budgets are being trimmed.
It's becoming VERY clear that this ESG shit does not only NOT sell games, but is a signifier for a flop in the making (BG3 excepted).
So the ESG grifters had to make a move. Our calling them out moved up the timetable and the noise level.
Their only move is an us vs. the chuds movement, which they knew scum like Kotaku and the other scum journalists would jump in behind.
"You have to hire us to save gaming. You are a good person and aren't one of the alt-right chuds, are you?"
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Quoting my own post from the Stellar Blade thread because it feels relevant here:
I wouldn't be surprised if they turn down the pressure a little and adopt this angle for a while. "No, we were never against white/attractive/straight/moral characters and games! We like the games you like, too, we're just open-minded enough to not limit ourselves!"
Rand

Post by Rand »

WhiteShark wrote: March 16th, 2024, 00:01
Quoting my own post from the Stellar Blade thread because it feels relevant here:
I wouldn't be surprised if they turn down the pressure a little and adopt this angle for a while. "No, we were never against white/attractive/straight/moral characters and games! We like the games you like, too, we're just open-minded enough to not limit ourselves!"
Not most of them. They're committed to being our enemy.
Which is why we should embrace all good things to make them choose stupid and evil by reflex (and nature, tbh).
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I just killed everyone in The Black Horse Courier in the Imperial City.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Rand wrote: March 16th, 2024, 00:04
Not most of them. They're committed to being our enemy.
They are ideologically, but if the money men decide otherwise, they'll grit their teeth and go along with it. The layoffs are indicative that that may be happening.
Decline

Post by Decline »

asf wrote: March 13th, 2024, 18:08
let's hope steam crashes and burns and valve gets nuked from orbit
you don't understand what you are wishing for
Decline

Post by Decline »

SpellSword wrote: March 14th, 2024, 15:19
So this entire thing is just to provide an acceptable reason for transferring tax money from the government's coffer into these companies?
Welcome to communism.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 20:19
The developers are correct, and I'm glad the guy maintaining the list is also aware that it's not sweet baby causing some wicked corruption on the industry but merely a symptom. Journalists and libtards are obviously going to double down on this being about sweetbaby rather than the entirety of the rot — this is exactly what they did during Gamergate and it somehow being about targeting a specific woman/women. Game developers coming out and saying "haha! You thought it was sweetbaby that made us suck cock, but we actually love cock!" isn't helping them tho.
It did at least expose the entire cottage industry of 'invisible' "consultancy" companies which are seemingly working on every major game now. Just look at the amount of "devs" that are coming out of the woodwork on twitter now and raging at the chuds because their consultancy company is totally heccin not at fault.

Upon first glance it seems to me that this entire concept of every game requiring a consultancy company is actually a kinda big problem, since it's essentially the same thing as the 'sensitivity readers' that are now contractual requirements for a book to get published. It means that any game *has* to go through a marxist-commie purity test at the hands of "consultants" or the game will... run into trouble. Be it bad reviews or other blockage.

On second glance it also seems like it's another way for them to create fake ESG jobs. All of these consultants came out of nowhere and each consultancy company hires the same people who've previously worked as "journalists" and comic book writers and tech-writers, etc. A kind of self-feeding woke octopus. Needless to say it should be obvious that all of the people working as 'consultants' are supremely untalented charlatans.

Of course I'm well aware that Western game devs are so exceedingly woke that they would gladly make every game as woke as possible without any need to hire outside consultants, but the existence of these consultancy companies creates an added layer of protection for the wokies, it's not nothing to take them out.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

reminds me of how soyer hired some brown people consultants for deadfire's conquered peoples
one of the reasons the game was so lame btw
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 16th, 2024, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 16th, 2024, 02:58
obese libtard says racism towards white men bad, gets absolutely flooded with hatred

Tubby obviously didn't pick up the memo. Must have his head up his ass if he thinks fellow Libtards would care about that.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 16th, 2024, 02:58
obese libtard says racism towards white men bad, gets absolutely flooded with hatred

"If I try to appease them, they'll go away"

Because this worked so well the last time
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Xenich wrote: March 15th, 2024, 14:01
TheEmptyRoad wrote: March 15th, 2024, 11:18
A LOT of people in the industry showing their true colors right now. Note them, mark them, remember them. Give them and those who employ them no more business. Games are a luxury and inflation is only getting worse, vote with your wallet.
Hmm...

Maybe documenting their antics might be useful. That is, create a database of companies, developers, etc... then link all of the various ridiculous comments they make over time and put it up into similar to a wiki type presentation where people read a company/developer/etc.. and then drill down to all of the comments they have made, projects they have worked on, controversies, etc... The difference between it and wiki is that it would be a repository of their comments and it would contain things like links to organizations (ie like sweet baby --> gamergate). It would have no personal information, as the idea is not to harass, simply to let their own public relations and statements be easily viewed to show people what is going on. The best way to show corruption and hypocrisy is to simply let their own words and actions speak for themselves and never enter the argument at all.
If you are making a list I'll save you some time: unless a game company has explicitly supported your viewpoint, it is full of people that hate you.

So basically just put Warhorse Studios on the nice list and maybe a couple of Japanese studios if you can read moon glyphs.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

J1M wrote: March 16th, 2024, 14:04
TheEmptyRoad wrote: March 15th, 2024, 11:18
A LOT of people in the industry showing their true colors right now. Note them, mark them, remember them. Give them and those who employ them no more business. Games are a luxury and inflation is only getting worse, vote with your wallet.
Hmm...

Maybe documenting their antics might be useful. That is, create a database of companies, developers, etc... then link all of the various ridiculous comments they make over time and put it up into similar to a wiki type presentation where people read a company/developer/etc.. and then drill down to all of the comments they have made, projects they have worked on, controversies, etc... The difference between it and wiki is that it would be a repository of their comments and it would contain things like links to organizations (ie like sweet baby --> gamergate). It would have no personal information, as the idea is not to harass, simply to let their own public relations and statements be easily viewed to show people what is going on. The best way to show corruption and hypocrisy is to simply let their own words and actions speak for themselves and never enter the argument at all.
If you are making a list I'll save you some time: unless a game company has explicitly supported your viewpoint, it is full of people that hate you.

So basically just put Warhorse Studios on the nice list and maybe a couple of Japanese studios if you can read moon glyphs.
I think it's the opposite. I assume those who are silent on the issue oppose the narrative or else they'd agree with it publicly as it's a safe position to hold.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Mondain wrote: March 16th, 2024, 14:07
J1M wrote: March 16th, 2024, 14:04

Hmm...

I think it's the opposite. I assume those who are silent on the issue oppose the narrative or else they'd agree with it publicly as it's a safe position to hold.
Yes, sensible people are too afraid to speak up. But most sensible people don't agree to work in the game industry. Your approach would place all of the devs and studios engaged in this nonsense on the "nice" list a month ago.

If you want your dollars to shift the industry it isn't enough to reward those that subversively hate you.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Reposting again from the Stellar Blade thread. Is the industry backing off? or did Sony just pay these guys off?
WhiteShark wrote: March 17th, 2024, 00:29
Now Kotaku publishes an article overflowing with praise for Eve and her skinsuit without a single word of reproof. :scratch:

https://archive.is/3yz4N
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

WhiteShark wrote: March 17th, 2024, 00:31
Reposting again from the Stellar Blade thread. Is the industry backing off? or did Sony just pay these guys off?
WhiteShark wrote: March 17th, 2024, 00:29
Now Kotaku publishes an article overflowing with praise for Eve and her skinsuit without a single word of reproof. :scratch:

https://archive.is/3yz4N
They're just pretending to like it to ride the wave until it's safe to hate it again. Also, it's a perfect vehicle for saying "we've never been against attractive women, after all we're SEX POSITIVE, what we hate is the thought process behind it which needs to change" etc etc. In fact it's probably far more effective as an avenue of attack than outright hating.