We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
pokafox

Post by pokafox »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 10th, 2024, 03:27
There is zero reason to ever preorder a game from a big company. Sorry but you will probably get what you deserve
Hey at least I didn't pay for BG3. :lol:

Ok it was gifted to me and I probably would have bought it on sale at some point down the line.
Nathrandir wrote: March 10th, 2024, 05:05
If the game devs didn't intend for it to be that way, they wouldn't have put a variety of skimpy outfits into the first DD game.
Like what ? Silk Lingerie ? DD1 was super light on the skimp and sexual content as a whole and never made it a focus in itself. The (Netflix...) anime added tons of sex and the fanbase hated it. I've been lightly involved in the Pawn sharing community for years and the core fanbase that's still active to this day and it's nothing but people actually obsessed with the game and it's lore not the who-fucks-who dating sim play act 1 on repeat cesspool BG3 fanbase is.
Last edited by pokafox on March 10th, 2024, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Nathrandir

Post by Nathrandir »

pokafox wrote: March 10th, 2024, 10:55
If the game devs didn't intend for it to be that way, they wouldn't have put a variety of skimpy outfits into the first DD game.
Like what ? Silk Lingerie ? DD1 was super light on the skimp and sexual content as a whole and never made it a focus in itself. The (Netflix...) anime added tons of sex and the fanbase hated it. I've been lightly involved in the Pawn sharing community for years and the core fanbase that's still active to this day and it's nothing but people actually obsessed with the game and it's lore not the who-fucks-who dating sim play act 1 on repeat cesspool BG3 fanbase is.
I was kind of joking to ham up the emphasis on skimpy outfits and lean into getting called out for being degenerate, but even so, there are quite a few examples besides the Silk Lingerie.

Like the Berserkin set, which seems to be making a comeback for the Trickster vocation. It's pretty revealing, but also well designed. Or the Maiden's Set, which again is a decent design, but also intentionally revealing. As is the Sultry Set and the Summery Set.

The Laced Leggings and Brown Laced Leggings are basically the same. Panty armor. The Fine Cassardi Hosen is similar.

The Noblewoman's Corset. The Frame Plate. The Silver Chestplate. The Leather Chestguard.

I mean, there was an entire faction of women bandits prancing around in revealing outfits. It was funny and not really something to be taken overly seriously, but it was there.

It's a small subset of the clothing and armor options obviously, but it was defintely there, and not there by accident.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Vergil wrote: March 10th, 2024, 03:28
It's kind of incredible how many people there are whose brains will explode from an overload of cum if they don't turn every game they play into some weird coomer fantasy. :goldfish:
That's what half of weeb 3rd person games inevitably turn into. Weirdo coomer fantasy bait.

I'm just playing the game the way it was intended to be played.
"aauugghh the Japanese are forcing me to make real doll female companions and dress them up in whore's clothing while fantasizing about fucking them there's nothing I can dooooo"
;)
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 10th, 2024, 15:29
Vergil wrote: March 10th, 2024, 03:28
It's kind of incredible how many people there are whose brains will explode from an overload of cum if they don't turn every game they play into some weird coomer fantasy. :goldfish:
That's what half of weeb 3rd person games inevitably turn into. Weirdo coomer fantasy bait.

"aauugghh the Japanese are forcing me to make real doll female companions and dress them up in whore's clothing while fantasizing about fucking them there's nothing I can dooooo"
;)

Khajiit has wares if you have coin.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 10th, 2024, 15:36

;)

Why did they give the cat people just normal human hairstyles/texture :|
Last edited by Vergil on March 10th, 2024, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 10th, 2024, 15:37

;)

Why did they give the cat people just normal human hairstyles/texture :|
Yeah, all of them look really weird. The only ones that look like they were made for the cat people are two Raditz-like manes.
Nathrandir

Post by Nathrandir »

;)
No force necessary. They just present a series of doors, and I walk through the one I like best.

The golden path is narrow, but I won’t be tempted astray by cool looking realistic armors that actually cover the things they’re meant to protect.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Well, I tried the first one, I didn't go in with a lot of expectations as suggested, but I really can't stand the interface, its pure console garbage and the game play reminds me too much of why I moved away from consoles during the 3D era (oh and as someone said about the companions, I flipping hate them, retarded and they get in way).

DD2 will have to make leaps and bounds away from console play/design for me to want to play it, so likely this will be a hard pass.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

;)

These look worse than oldrim khajiit
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 10th, 2024, 19:50
These look worse than oldrim khajiit

Beautiful.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 10th, 2024, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

;)

kitty.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Ian McShane presenting Dragon's Dogma:

OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

On their journey, the Arisen will navigate through conflicts between species and the complexities of culture, faith, and history in each land.
Its sad that this makes me immediately suspicious that the narrative will be full of not-so-subtle allegories to current year political topics.
Last edited by OnTilt on March 14th, 2024, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

"Bro, Khajit has, like, wares, y'know, if you, like, have coin or whatever."
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Roguey wrote: March 15th, 2024, 11:52
https://www.dragonsdogma.com/2/en-us/officialpawn/
Cute, popular, and a voice that's nice to listen to. Simple. As.
Can I kill them?
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

The_Mask wrote: March 14th, 2024, 23:01
Ian McShane presenting Dragon's Dogma:

Not sure why but this game gives me a gut feeling that something with it is amiss
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

figured out who the guy on the left reminds me of
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

pokafox wrote: March 10th, 2024, 10:55
Hey at least I didn't pay for BG3. :lol:
Apologize.
Last edited by Vergil on March 17th, 2024, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

The real reason why Capcom hired that rogueybait
► Show Spoiler
Falksi

Post by Falksi »

Game looks good, but the normie tears make it even better...

Get the fuck out of our hobby you retarded cunts. Go play baby Nintendo
Last edited by Falksi on March 18th, 2024, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

I won't pre-order, since I never do. I'll wait a while before I buy it, I've never bought a AAA game on launch, ever.

That said, Dragons Dogma, and Dark Arisen are really not how people imagine them, I am sure. I think many people think it will be Baldur's Gate x Skyrim. It won't be.

I very much enjoyed the 1st game, but the Story was garbage, and the Everfall was whack. But it had pretty good gameplay, and even if it exposes me as being an edgelord, I very much liked the aesthetic of the Hellfire Armour (even though I had Sin Gloves and Greaves, lmao).

Still interested though.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Heard this game still has infinite pause-healing and the system put in place to prevent it doesn't really so anything
BobT

Post by BobT »

Timed quests can GTFO. But fine with the rest.

This is where a quest will dissappear after a certain time btw, not just a timer within a quest (where you can retry it if fail, fine with those). I'm a bit of a completionist and thorough so I hate missables purely due to timers.

Fine with quests being missable too, but want some control over it.
Last edited by BobT on March 18th, 2024, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Falksi wrote: March 18th, 2024, 12:08
Game looks good, but the normie tears make it even better...

Get the fuck out of our hobby you retarded cunts. Go play baby Nintendo
Man, I might even pay for this game.