We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Bannerlord

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
H-H-Holmes

Bannerlord

Post by H-H-Holmes »

It's fucking excellent. Haven't had this much combat-based fun in a game for as long as I can remember. Leading a full-speed cavalry charge to smash through a line of infantry is somehow even more satisfying than it sounds.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

The game is fun but it really drops off once you actually get a castle unfortunately. Nothing really beats the mid game high of having a decent warband to go around doing stuff with. Late game is just playing a worse CK2-lite management system and having so much money you can snowball instantly.
Rinso

Post by Rinso »

I love the early game, but i dont know if its the diplomacy mod or not, but the whole damned world is in constant, unrelenting war every few weeks. I just want to breed like a mad man and solidity my power damn it.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Did they ever finish the damn game? I remember it being grindy, awful and every patch breaking mods.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

any good reason to play this instead of warband?
H-H-Holmes

Post by H-H-Holmes »

Emphyrio wrote: September 28th, 2023, 17:01
Aside from the obvious cosmetic improvements, the only major difference I can think of is in the improved siege mechanics. Other than that, the two games are incredibly similar. It has inherited most, if not all of the shallowness of the previous game and it does get repetitive fairly quickly.

That said, it is a worthy heir to the "best medieval combat" crown. Nothing else comes close to simulating large scale hand-to-hand battle in such an enjoyable and realistic way, and the improved visuals serve to solidify that distinction. With a degree of ingenuity in the campaign map and RPG elements of the game, something truly special could have been produced here. You'd have thought that a decade would have been enough time to bring some new ideas and add some depth, but we are left with what is a missed opportunity and ultimately something of a disappointment.
Konjad

Post by Konjad »

One of my favorite games of recent years for sure.

By the way, if you enjoy smithing I made a little mod that you might find useful:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2882064139
Anon

Post by Anon »

H-H-Holmes wrote: September 28th, 2023, 23:36
but we are left with what is a missed opportunity and ultimately something of a disappointment.
It's funny how you left from "it's fucking excellent" to this overcritical comment after some negative feedback about the game.

We'd all have way more fun gaming in general if we only played the games and didn't bother checking forums and their negative nancys criticizing each small single detail.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

Looks more interesting than the warband dlc with the muskets. Havent seen a release date tho. Doubt this one will have many shields in it.
Last edited by Vaako on January 15th, 2024, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

I spent hundreds of hours playing Gekokujo in Warband, glad to finally see a similar mod has come out for Bannerlord, and it looks like it might even have the naval boarding combat from Viking Conquest too?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

This guy also made mods to add missing Warband features like feasts, companion exploration dialogue, books, ambushes, claimant quests,
► and these
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 24th, 2024, 17:39

This guy also made mods to add missing Warband features like feasts, companion exploration dialogue, books, ambushes, claimant quests,
► and these
All of these features and big mods released and the fags working on the Napoleonic Wars mod can't get a singeplayer mode working.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Anon wrote: January 15th, 2024, 20:17
H-H-Holmes wrote: September 28th, 2023, 23:36
but we are left with what is a missed opportunity and ultimately something of a disappointment.
It's funny how you left from "it's fucking excellent" to this overcritical comment after some negative feedback about the game.

We'd all have way more fun gaming in general if we only played the games and didn't bother checking forums and their negative nancys criticizing each small single detail.
then leave?
Anon

Post by Anon »

Imagine quoting a comment more than a month old
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Anon wrote: February 29th, 2024, 21:23
Imagine quoting a comment more than a month old
LOCKED for necroposting *sighs and shines a pink laser pointer at rule 3* :groan:

-MichaelThompson71