We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

BG3 Texture Replacement from Virtual Textures

Game development hub. Projects, modding, and resources.
TKVNC

BG3 Texture Replacement from Virtual Textures

Post by TKVNC »

Hi all,

I have been messing about with BG3 modding, since I finally made enough room to unpack all the files, but I can't find any clear way to replace textures - the guides I have found don't seem to show or explain the process, so I'm more or less guessing in the dark currently.

Sadly it's not as straightforward as Bethesda games, or even Wasteland 2.

If anyone has any insight on this process, please do share.

Thanks
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Maybe take a look at what the Vivid Landscape mods are doing.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Had a look at their file structure, it's a loosely packed mod, fairly straightforward - but I tried that process before, had no luck.

Maybe I had the folder structure wrong.

I'll take another look, thanks for your insights.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

If you can suffer her waffling, here's a tutorial:

I'll write a proper tutorial another time. it isn't straightforward unfortunately.
Last edited by orinEsque on March 13th, 2024, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

orinEsque wrote: March 13th, 2024, 00:55

I'll write a proper tutorial another time. it isn't straightforward unfortunately.
Yeah, I had a look at those videos, being brief is not in her skillset. That said, the part about materials was not very clear, but I'm in the process of trying to decipher it none-the-less. Managed to speak to someone on the Nexus who pulled it off, and they shared some insights. I'll post again if I can work it out, to make it easier for others.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

TKVNC wrote: March 13th, 2024, 15:27

Yeah, I had a look at those videos, being brief is not in her skillset. That said, the part about materials was not very clear, but I'm in the process of trying to decipher it none-the-less. Managed to speak to someone on the Nexus who pulled it off, and they shared some insights. I'll post again if I can work it out, to make it easier for others.
I've done this stuff already. As well. Matter of putting it down.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

orinEsque wrote: March 13th, 2024, 16:16
TKVNC wrote: March 13th, 2024, 15:27

I've done this stuff already. As well. Matter of putting it down.
Well if you ever get a chance to write it all down, I'd be most grateful. Until then, I will bash my head against these .LSF files till something makes sense.