We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Game Romances that Aren't Cringe

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

What he means is that everything posted here is assumed as sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek, banter or outright insulting. Welcome aboard :D
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

The only non cringe romance is Miria in Fallout 2. U fuck her, get a shotgun wedding, then she gets murdered in the first fight u get into coz her stats suck. Thats love.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Nessa wrote: February 28th, 2024, 03:46
So the question is, do any actually exist?

I've been thinking about it and I can't come up with a single base game romance that wasn't just dumb/hilarious/cringe.

Off the top of my head in no particular order:
  • Witcher 3 -- You'd think this would be better but I was dying during any of the "romance" scenes.
  • Anything Bethesda -- Please. :lol:
  • Dragon Age -- I never actually played any in this series but I saw some of them on Youtube. Absolutely hilarious cringe! :lol:
  • Mass Effect Series -- Cringe. Cringe. And more cringe.
I can think of some mods for games that had great romance but that's it.

Has anybody actually run into a game with great romance?
are u a vagina?
Red7

Post by Red7 »

madbringer wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 06:37
The only non cringe romance is Miria in Fallout 2. U fuck her, get a shotgun wedding, then she gets murdered in the first fight u get into coz her stats suck. Thats love.
no man she dies not cause stats but cause u cant give dumb bitch commands and she just follows u like retarded untrained dog. mod fixes this. i think i also made her talk dirty

unfortunately u can only pimp her once in golden globes as fluffer, there is not much content for her in game
Red7

Post by Red7 »

i mean, i shouldnt have to say it, but romance notion is intelligence insulting farce for any healthy t level male. romance is really either vagina thing or low t kuk thing as kuks tend to think vaginas as not property but something to ger approval from like a fucking child (and its why vags hate em) and other retarded kuk things like that.

romance is in essence vagina scheming to get male attention; utter waste of time for a male. male simply aquires vagina, if she fuckable and on reasonable price, and then deploys it for fucking, making sandwiches or licking floor clean. till she gets too old, got bored of it etc.
"romance" for male player should be like; u just bought this hot high elf sex slave on discount from a gay slave trainer that was in process of fire sale of his inventory, how hard would u like to fuck her face first time? and u got like 50 options.
Last edited by Red7 on March 2nd, 2024, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
deadmoney

Post by deadmoney »

Viconia's romance in BG1/2 was well-written.
Last edited by deadmoney on March 3rd, 2024, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

In Underrail in one of the Oligarch branches there's a girl you can get friendly with and then they eliminate her.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Tweed wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 18:57
In Underrail in one of the Oligarch branches there's a girl you can get friendly with and then they eliminate her.
Just reminded me of the weird non-romance in NWN2.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Tweed wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 18:57
big tits?

the only time i was kinda sad about vag character was venus from darkness 2.
bitch gives u a .45 autoloader in brothel and then be like dont tell em i gave u that.
and ofc u find her later hanging whipped to death and dont even get to watch her snuff vid.

utter bullshit, game should give u option to capture some fuckmeats from that brothel for personal use or trafficking. then again u play as mobster who is huge simp even tho he is literally possesed by based evil warning him about trap of simpetry.

Last edited by Red7 on March 4th, 2024, 09:05, edited 8 times in total.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

The flaw with your plan is that all romances are cringe, period. The only romances that aren't cringe aren't romances. Cringe is what makes romances romance.
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

I wouldn't rate A Dance with Rogues (NWN) as cringe. Horrific maybe. Poor RK47.
Last edited by Hauberk on March 4th, 2024, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Hauberk wrote: March 4th, 2024, 17:23
I wouldn't rate A Dance with Rogues (NWN) as cringe. Horrific maybe. Poor RK47.

:D
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

M&B Warband, and the Guild 2 Renaissance (or I guess Pirates too)

In M&B you can basically bribe a Lord to let you marry his daughter, force her to cook your feasts for you, then divorce her to marry some other Lord's daughter for political good boy points.

In Guild 2 you can marry someone to pump out a family of Rogues, then divorce them in spectacular fashion, then immediately murder them outside your house. Or maybe have them arrested by your hired goons and tortured. I don't know.

Besides that, it's all cringe.